Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

PS4 Spider-Man $49.96 (Dec. 13 - Dec. 19)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2018 10:19 am
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
2070 posts
2037 upvotes
Durham Region
Awesome game.
56.50 e3 price tax in, sold for 65 on kijiji 2 weeks later after beating the game.
Buy it for 56.5 now and can prob resell for $30-40 pretty easy
May 13, 2010
44 posts
42 upvotes
rbbo wrote: I just had this exact experience and it was the General Manager being uncooperative. I finally got the price match, when I was able to get a Walmart customer service rep to confirm it. They even had to go find a PHYSICAL copy at Walmart to prove it. I captured all this with screenshots and sent a complaint to customerservice@bestbuycanada.ca. Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue. May lean on this community if I need to escalate my complaint.
Yeah, that just sounds like they're trying to find a way to avoid a price match to save money.

The guy who initially denied my price-match, when completing the price-match later after the other guy okayed it, first volunteered (without me asking) "We're not on commission" which is an odd thing to say in that scenario, and made me think that maybe price-matches or price-matches where the store may take a loss are a negative on a performance review or something like that.
Last edited by EBTcat on Dec 16th, 2018 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 18, 2016
117 posts
69 upvotes
damn I just bought it on the French Store for 39Euros, around 59cad
Dec 28, 2013
99 posts
58 upvotes
Best Buy is going to be selling it for $49.99 during their Boxing Day sale anyways so there will be another chance for those who run into stock issues or stubborn managers.
May 28, 2006
493 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
EBTcat wrote: Yeah, that just sounds like they're trying to find a way to avoid a price match to save money.

The guy who initially denied my price-match, when completing the price-match later after the other guy okayed it, first volunteered (without me asking) "We're not on commission" which is an odd thing to say in that scenario, and made me think that maybe price-matches or price-matches where they store may take a loss are a negative on a performance review or something like that.
They quote their policy very liberally and in ways that only benefit them. At first the cashier said there had to be online stock to pm online, and I said that didn't apply to me since I was buying in store. Halfway through the interaction, the GM said he'd be willing to pm Amazon ($69.99), and I thought: 1) I thought I could only price match online with online 2) Wouldn't you still need to confirm their warehouse had physical copies since you don't honour the inventory posted on websites?

At one point he even condescendingly said that if he honoured this, it wouldn't be fair to others who have tried to do prices matches on anything in the past. Face With Tears Of Joy

TL;DR GM had the authority and power to do price match, but decided to be a difficult hypocrite.

P.S. Customer Support was pretty quick getting back to me, so let's see what happens...
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
Meeseeks wrote: Spoiler alert: Spider-man wins.
Damn it! Now what’s the point of playing it?!?

Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye