Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

PSVR Core set + Camera + 2 controller for 600$

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2017 9:04 pm
May 30, 2011
367 posts
565 upvotes

[Walmart] PSVR Core set + Camera + 2 controller for 600$

Hi

The PSVR core set is 550$ at walmart, but i saw that for 50$ more you can "bundle buy" it with 2 controllers and the camera.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ps4-vr-core-b ... rs/N-27502

Basically it's like buying the VR World bundle but without the game for 100$ less.

Seems like a decent deal for those who wants a complete bundle (without a game rated 59% on metacritic) !
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
I really wanted one when it first came out but now seeing how it is getting similar treatment as Vita and Move I think it's better to wait a little longer.
Nov 24, 2016
227 posts
212 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: I really wanted one when it first came out but now seeing how it is getting similar treatment as Vita and Move I think it's better to wait a little longer.
I'm seeing something different from you, because word is that there will be some major VR games announcements at E3 next month. Santa Monica is working on a VR title (may be God of War VR), and a major VR release Farpoint just came out.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
NoMoneyNoProblems wrote: I'm seeing something different from you, because word is that there will be some major VR games announcements at E3 next month. Santa Monica is working on a VR title (may be God of War VR), and a major VR release Farpoint just came out.
Ditto!!!!
The PSVR is amazing!
Had a blast last night playing DriveClub multiplayer with a bunch of Europeans...France, Germany & the UK......everyone egging each other on.
The PSVR may have a slightly lower resolution that the Rift or Vive, but the minimal SDE in comparison to either of those is still a HUGE positive.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1482 posts
824 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
The camera now comes with the core bundle for $549.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4158 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto
PSVR core headset + camera is $470 at The Source after PSP discount and $25 email coupon.

PSP sign up here:
https://www.thesource.ca/psp-register

Validation code: B2G009882

$25 coupon signup here:
http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/subscribe

PSVR core:
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/p ... /108061016

Playstation camera:
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/p ... /108061031

Move is $91.99 extra if you buy it separately with psp discount + another $25 coupon:
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/p ... /108062599
Nov 24, 2016
227 posts
212 upvotes
DPyro wrote: The camera now comes with the core bundle for $549.
Yes, that's like $75 off! The promo is for a limited time only.
Dec 15, 2012
204 posts
210 upvotes
Windsor
20X points at Shoppers on Saturday. If you can find a PSVR, some major points to be had. Any thoughts on getting the PSVR bundle for 699 at shoppers with 20x points (140,000 pts) vs just getting the camera and headset at the source for 470? Are the motion controls essential? Thanks
Aug 21, 2016
15 posts
6 upvotes
I am aware of a Pharmaprix with the PSVR bundle and I am facing the same dilema. To make things worse, they also have a Nintendo Switch. I think I will go with the Nintendo Switch since I haven't seen any PS4 Pro in stock.
Apr 24, 2010
13 posts
6 upvotes
Just picked up a PSVR bundle at SDM. I normally wouldn't buy for such a high, non-sale price, but I maximized my return via the following (even though not all directly cash discount related, it's still via other methods that I will end up redeeming the points for cash discounts regardless):

- Purchased $650 in SDM GCs paid via PC Financial World Elite MC (earns a higher cash equivalent rate at SDM, via PC points redemptions at participating grocery stores) = 6,500 Optimum points (worth $11.63 at highest value) + $19.50 worth of PC points for groceries at participating stores

- Purchased PSVR bundle at $699.99 ($790.99 with ON HST) and redeemed 95,000 Optimum points (-$170) = $629.99 to pay (paid via all my SDM GCs, with a small leftover balance left on one GC to use on something else later)

- Earned 20x Optimum points today on the pre-tax post-deduction figure (i.e. on $529.99) = 5,290 Optimum points normally but after 20x factor = 105,800 total Optimum points earned on the single transaction (worth $189.33 at highest value)

So even though I paid $629.99 outright (after redeeming 95,000 Optimum points / -$170, which I wanted to start using them up this year anyway), I also earned:
- $19.50 worth of PC points
- $200.96 worth of Optimum points (more than I redeemed!)

= akin to paying $409.53 to get the PSVR bundle at SDM today only (or during any other 20x Optimum points event)

Hope this helps someone else, in case considering purchasing at SDM as well.
Mar 11, 2004
811 posts
619 upvotes
Quebec City
XciteMatz wrote: Just picked up a PSVR bundle at SDM. I normally wouldn't buy for such a high, non-sale price, but I maximized my return via the following (even though not all directly cash discount related, it's still via other methods that I will end up redeeming the points for cash discounts regardless):

- Purchased $650 in SDM GCs paid via PC Financial World Elite MC (earns a higher cash equivalent rate at SDM, via PC points redemptions at participating grocery stores) = 6,500 Optimum points (worth $11.63 at highest value) + $19.50 worth of PC points for groceries at participating stores

- Purchased PSVR bundle at $699.99 ($790.99 with ON HST) and redeemed 95,000 Optimum points (-$170) = $629.99 to pay (paid via all my SDM GCs, with a small leftover balance left on one GC to use on something else later)

- Earned 20x Optimum points today on the pre-tax post-deduction figure (i.e. on $529.99) = 5,290 Optimum points normally but after 20x factor = 105,800 total Optimum points earned on the single transaction (worth $189.33 at highest value)

So even though I paid $629.99 outright (after redeeming 95,000 Optimum points / -$170, which I wanted to start using them up this year anyway), I also earned:

= akin to paying $409.53 to get the PSVR bundle at SDM today only (or during any other 20x Optimum points event)

To be fair, if you're not counting the Optimum points you spent, you should not count the points you're getting.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
XciteMatz wrote: Just picked up a PSVR bundle at SDM. I normally wouldn't buy for such a high, non-sale price, but I maximized my return via the following (even though not all directly cash discount related, it's still via other methods that I will end up redeeming the points for cash discounts regardless):

Points redemptions aside (which aren't really "free"), I don't know why anyone would still be buying the bundle @ $699 + tax, especially with the cheaper pack-in game (UD:ROB).
The PSVR Core with free camera is $549 + tax.
Used Move Controllers can easily be bought at EB for $15 each, or check your local classifieds, Thrift & Pawn Shops for even cheaper ones (I'm up to 6 so far at a cost of around $50).
The pack in game (currently UD:ROB) can be found used for about $15, or PSVR Worlds for around $20-$25.

Regardless, compared to the more expensive PC solutions, it's a great intro to VR, even @ $699 if you're willing to pay that.
Mar 14, 2011
384 posts
207 upvotes
GTA
With E3 in two weeks if you are unsure about it now, wait and see if Sony has a real roadmap for this thing or an incoming hardware revision. As it stands now its fun and new but its a first gen VR Headset with its share of tracking issues. Good deals on it in any case though!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
CaptainKILL wrote: With E3 in two weeks if you are unsure about it now, wait and see if Sony has a real roadmap for this thing or an incoming hardware revision. As it stands now its fun and new but its a first gen VR Headset with its share of tracking issues. Good deals on it in any case though!
Firmware update 4.50 all but eliminated the tracking issues from when the PSVR first launched.
It's d@mn near as good as a Rift or Vive now (for seated & standing games.....not room-scale, which it was never designed to do anyways).

Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23188 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
alexaxa wrote: Hi

The PSVR core set is 550$ at walmart, but i saw that for 50$ more you can "bundle buy" it with 2 controllers and the camera.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ps4-vr-core-b ... rs/N-27502

Basically it's like buying the VR World bundle but without the game for 100$ less.

Seems like a decent deal for those who wants a complete bundle (without a game rated 59% on metacritic) !
Spiderpal93 wrote: PSVR core headset + camera is $470 at The Source after PSP discount and $25 email coupon.

PSP sign up here:
https://www.thesource.ca/psp-register

Validation code: B2G009882

$25 coupon signup here:
http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/subscribe

PSVR core:
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/p ... /108061016

Playstation camera:
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/p ... /108061031

Move is $91.99 extra if you buy it separately with psp discount + another $25 coupon:
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/p ... /108062599
So is the Move a must have accessory for the complete VR experience? If so, is it cheaper buying the VR Core, camera, and Move controllers at Walmart or the Source?

I'm also assuming the PS VR isn't a wireless solution and that there is a wire tethered to the headset?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
Yes it's wired. The Move isn't mandatory for most games but you need it in some games.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2507 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto
If you're looking to take the dive into the current gen of VR, the PSVR is the most popular (http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/psvr ... -rift-vive) and the best value, especially if you have a PS4 already. Farpoint has become the most successful VR game to date and the Aim controller really opens up the potential for more FPS. Dick Wilde is a blast to play with the Aim.

I don't think the comparisons to PS3 Move or Vita are fair. The Move was really just Sony's "me too" response to the Wii and Kinect. (Though I did enjoy playing Killzone and House of the Dead with the Sharpshooter, even if the aiming didn't line up) The Vita wasn't able to compete with the 3DS/2DS or phones for that matter.

Sony can encourage VR in mainstream titles, but we don't have to rely on them for everything either since many VR games will be multi-platform. (PSVR/Rift/Steam)
20 Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Apr 28, 2014
120 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I own my PSVR since launch. I think it's a wonderful piece of technology (for the price) and people love it. However, I don't find it as attractive as others. Mainly because I have very little time for gaming and the moment I want to play something it needs to be plug and play basically. if I have to setup my camera, then standup with my headset in a tiny apartment, it just doesn't quite work well for 20-30 minutes. I know, it sounds lazy as ****, but believe me when you have that time, you just want to sit down and play something asap.

Anyhow, I tried Farpoint and it's fantastic. The most immersive game I've played in a while (using the Aim controller).

I don't believe it's a gimmick. It has a lot of potential and more games are going to hit the market after the E3. Whether I keep mine or not it's strictly based on my play time rather than its potential.
Oct 3, 2006
999 posts
575 upvotes
People who says PSVR is gimmick have never try this for sure. That's fantastic!! The best gaming experience in my life by far
!
Banned
Feb 20, 2007
3042 posts
1316 upvotes
What games should I pick up if I'm getting this?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)