Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Rain X -40C Windshield Washer De Icer 4 pk, or Weatherbeater Wiper Blades $8.88 (Nation wide) Nov 21-27

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2019 10:44 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: I still have like six bottles from hoarding past few years.
Years? During slush season here in Winnipeg, I can go through a bottle in a week. I need a storage room full of this stuff.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Years? During slush season here in Winnipeg, I can go through a bottle in a week. I need a storage room full of this stuff.
I had like two dozen and haven't bought for at least the past three years. I didn't know it was that bad, I thought the extreme cold there would stop snow and ice from falling, i.e. clouds get frozen there.

Maybe an extended canopy over your windshield will be more cost effective?
Jun 14, 2017
816 posts
799 upvotes
Good deal but bad for Audi cars with fluid sensor. I had to flush my fluid tank with hot water several times to get the sensor back to normal.
Last edited by MJISGOAT on Nov 18th, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Years? During slush season here in Winnipeg, I can go through a bottle in a week. I need a storage room full of this stuff.
Actually, maybe you are following the car ahead of you too closely. :)
Jul 6, 2014
476 posts
444 upvotes
Nepean, ON
MJISGOAT wrote: Good deal but bad for Audi cars with rain sensor. I had to flush my fluid tank with hot water several times to get the sensor back to normal.
You mean the windshield fluid level sensor?

If just rain sensor, probably not a big deal, between a clear windshield and the car itself can turns on wipers if it's raining, I'll choose a clear windshield.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2015
1261 posts
1416 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is the UPC #30338120? I can't seem to find it anywhere on stocktrack. Will Walmart bring these in for sale on the 21st?
Jun 14, 2017
816 posts
799 upvotes
amsoil wrote: You mean the windshield fluid level sensor?

If just rain sensor, probably not a big deal, between a clear windshield and the car itself can turns on wipers if it's raining, I'll choose a clear windshield.
Yup. I meant fluid sensor. I wasn't getting warning when it was almost empty. You also don't have to use rainx for a clear windshield but to each their own.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
FrugalConsumer wrote: Is the UPC #30338120? I can't seem to find it anywhere on stocktrack. Will Walmart bring these in for sale on the 21st?
Yeah it's a special ordered item I believe, it's in a white box with a unique UPC. It's different than just grabbing a box of 4 of the Rain-X.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Actually, maybe you are following the car ahead of you too closely. :)
Winnipeg has 2 slush seasons. Right before winter, and just before spring. They last a decent amount of time. It's not exactly a very clean city either. Doesn't really matter how close or far you drive. Muck is thrown up all over the place. Drive too close, you get sprayed. Drive a decent distance, someone slips in and you get sprayed. Someone drives past you, you get sprayed from their lane. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
6228 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
didnt got a chance to get this deal for past 2 years, this year is my turn! :twisted:
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Winnipeg has 2 slush seasons. Right before winter, and just before spring. They last a decent amount of time. It's not exactly a very clean city either. Doesn't really matter how close or far you drive. Muck is thrown up all over the place. Drive too close, you get sprayed. Drive a decent distance, someone slips in and you get sprayed. Someone drives past you, you get sprayed from their lane. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Sounds like fun haha. Keep safe.

Is it true that hybrid vehicles like Toyota's don't need block heaters during winter there?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-d ... le4349090/
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Sounds like fun haha. Keep safe.

Is it true that hybrid vehicles like Toyota's don't need block heaters during winter there?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-d ... le4349090/
I couldn't tell you. I believe Manitoba might be the only province that requires block heaters to be preinstalled. Sometimes dealerships will try and charge a block heater installation fee when buying a vehicle, and you can argue to have that fee removed. If they disagree, walk them outside and ask them to pop the hood. Almost always, one will already be installed from the factory.

Not sure how it applies to hybrids though.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2087 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
I was at Home Depot this weekend and saw the Rain X winter stuff was a different colour this time. Instead of yellow or orange, it was purple. I wonder if this is new stock, or some sort of alternate product. I still have a bunch of the yellow stuff from last year, so didn't grab it.
Nov 8, 2007
550 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
Last year Wallys put rain-x on sale for $1.88 a jug per box of 4 in early Dec. I stopped in on the way home and it was a crazy mayhem American style purchase frenzy. People were filling carts as high as they could, stashing full carts in other isles and getting their kids to provide security. Most likely people buying to sell at their crappy service center for $8 a jug. I laughed at it all with an employee who just told me to go grab 4 single jugs priced at $7 each and request an adjustment at the register which they did.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7296 posts
71700 upvotes
peepthetoad wrote: Sorry for being off topic.
Is this Washer fluid okay to use in winter? It says all season but rated to be -40. I saw a lot if winter washer are rate to be only -40 too
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/turbo- ... 1000146609
I have used it in the past with no issue. Sometimes Rona or Lowe's has it on sale for $1.99 and you can PM at HD for $1.79 each.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7090 upvotes
West GTEH!
dassub wrote: I was at Home Depot this weekend and saw the Rain X winter stuff was a different colour this time. Instead of yellow or orange, it was purple. I wonder if this is new stock, or some sort of alternate product. I still have a bunch of the yellow stuff from last year, so didn't grab it.
Yellow, orange, purple, blue color. Doesn't matter what color the fluid is, it's just the dye color the manufacturer uses. . As long as the label on the jug say -45C WW fluid, you're good to go.
I've used blue, yellow, purple -40C WW fluid, and they all worked the same.
😎

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)