• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2017 2:38 pm
[OP]
Mar 16, 2007
583 posts
43 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Walmart] Rain X De-icer Windshield washer fluid $2.00

I saw Rain-X De-icer (Yellow) windshield washer fluid for $2.00 at Walmart in Erin Mills Mississauga.

I know some people have good experience with this but I didn't bought any because it leaves a film after cleaning.
28 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
6826 posts
1461 upvotes
Toronto
This is an excellent price. But it's not in the flyer, and looks to be that store specific. OP please update the title with the location.
DealCanuck wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 12:09 pm
Aren't these $1 on sale?
Never. You're confusing this with some cheapo washers.
Mar 30, 2010
156 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Don't put this in your Volkswagen. It'll gum up the fluid level sensor.
Sep 2, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
nmycon wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 12:44 pm
Don't put this in your Volkswagen. It'll gum up the fluid level sensor.
Don't have a Volkswagen but for me the issue is that it leaves a greasy residue on my windshield. So when you spray the fluid in winter, for a second or two there's this white greasy film that makes it harder to see through the windshield. After that it clears up. But then any subsequent wipes without fluid also leaves a white greasy film for a second before clearing up.

I hate this thing. I don't understand how more people don't have the same problem. And it took a while to flush out the fluid completely from my reservoir, and clean the grease off my windshield + replace my wipers.
Dec 4, 2009
132 posts
21 upvotes
GVRD
splatapus wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:16 pm
Don't have a Volkswagen but for me the issue is that it leaves a greasy residue on my windshield. So when you spray the fluid in winter, for a second or two there's this white greasy film that makes it harder to see through the windshield. After that it clears up. But then any subsequent wipes without fluid also leaves a white greasy film for a second before clearing up.

I hate this thing. I don't understand how more people don't have the same problem. And it took a while to flush out the fluid completely from my reservoir, and clean the grease off my windshield + replace my wipers.
Yes same here. It seems worse with an older windshield....
You define the moment, then, the moment defines you.
Nov 30, 2003
312 posts
14 upvotes
Picked up 4 boxes (16) an hour ago.

There was about a skid there. Hard to spot as none were taken out of the box. Located in the aisle.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
5556 posts
953 upvotes
Maple
Arrgh wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 12:40 pm
Never. You're confusing this with some cheapo washers.
If I have time machine, I would go back 7 years ago. Walmart had a sales (after winter), I bought 10 jugs.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
6826 posts
1461 upvotes
Toronto
teoconca wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 2:44 pm
If I have time machine, I would go back 7 years ago. Walmart had a sales (after winter), I bought 10 jugs.
Ok so you found some after winter clearance, which would be location specific and YMMV. Usual sales for this won't be at that price.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
1684 posts
570 upvotes
Prince George
The best sale price I've seen that was widely available was a couple of years ago when Walmart had a 4-pack for $8.88 on Boxing Day. So $2/jug is really good.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5263 posts
660 upvotes
splatapus wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:16 pm

That's because you mixed it with the regular blue stuff that was in there before you added rainx.

I have been using it for years over many vehicles and never experienced the "haze phenomenon" you are referring to, as I always flushed the old and never mixed.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2002
1005 posts
37 upvotes
Waterloo
MrMichyo wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:20 pm
Yes same here. It seems worse with an older windshield....
It definitely does get worse with an older windshield. I don't like this stuff either but I find the summer RainX washer fluid doesn't have this problem as much.
Oct 21, 2016
287 posts
140 upvotes
Are you mixing the de icer rainx with your summer stuff?

I make sure to drain whatever is in there before adding rainx de icer. I remember it was greasy when I mixed