Hot Deals

[Walmart] Rain X De-icer Windshield washer fluid $2.00

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2017 2:38 pm
Jul 22, 2007
193 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks op.

When it's icy out I just splash the jug on the glass, works the quickest, but I also go through quite a bit.

One year I put it in a spray bottle,splash the jug is the best.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1119 posts
403 upvotes
Vancouver
Reminds me of the alcohol thing people were doing with spray bottles (never tried it myself). No plugging of the jets with this method (or just use cardboard on the windshield?)

Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7461 posts
2405 upvotes
ON
gostinger wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 5:01 pm
Is this store specific
Yes. 4.38 at store I checked
I figured it would be, so only checked because I was going to superstore next door.
Feb 6, 2016
6 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Anyone spot these in Vancouver at this price?

Thanks.
Apr 18, 2004
635 posts
106 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 3:15 pm
The best sale price I've seen that was widely available was a couple of years ago when Walmart had a 4-pack for $8.88 on Boxing Day. So $2/jug is really good.
bought some for exactly $2/jug around 2 years ago. still have some
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2475 posts
332 upvotes
Nepean
Gutty96 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 3:21 pm
That's because you mixed it with the regular blue stuff that was in there before you added rainx.

I have been using it for years over many vehicles and never experienced the "haze phenomenon" you are referring to, as I always flushed the old and never mixed.
I was just about to post this but read down to make sure no one else already did... I hate it when I go for an oil change and they top up my fluids because I forget to tell them not too... I then have to drain out all my washer fluid to put new rain x in so it doesn't haze up..
Dec 28, 2011
271 posts
72 upvotes
TORONTO
Good stuff. I foolishly bought 5 cases of these 5 years ago and still have 4 and a half cases left. Dealership is always topping up my fluids so I never get to use them :(
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1133 posts
187 upvotes
B.C.
splatapus wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:16 pm
Don't have a Volkswagen but for me the issue is that it leaves a greasy residue on my windshield. So when you spray the fluid in winter, for a second or two there's this white greasy film that makes it harder to see through the windshield. After that it clears up. But then any subsequent wipes without fluid also leaves a white greasy film for a second before clearing up.

I hate this thing. I don't understand how more people don't have the same problem. And it took a while to flush out the fluid completely from my reservoir, and clean the grease off my windshield + replace my wipers.
MrMichyo wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:20 pm
Yes same here. It seems worse with an older windshield....
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Nov 25, 2014
69 posts
22 upvotes
London, ON
Love Rainx products
Save me money and keep family safer
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2012 posts
102 upvotes
richboy! wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 2:08 pm
Hmmm, Looks like I'll be heading over there.
Any stock left?
I got 2 cases (4 each) about an hour ago. There are still at least 8 cases on the floor.