Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Walmart] Rain X De-icer Windshield washer fluid 4 pack - 8.88

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2017 6:36 pm
Jul 17, 2008
208 posts
138 upvotes
Its a good step to ensure that any remaining fluid in the system is flushed out. Similar to if you were to flush out your cooling system, sort. Youtuber ChrisFix has a lot of good videos on the subject.
gskn4u wrote: How do you empty existing fluid? Do you keep pressing the steering or do you open the trunk?
You could do that (if you don't care to reuse it later on) or carefully disconnect the line from the spray nozzles and empty the fluid into a bucket/container.
Last edited by werty316 on Nov 16th, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------------------
Do or do not. There is no try.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1453 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
using rainx for years and not a single problem, no streaks nothing, just a clean wipe. and in the rain its awesome, dont even need to use my wipers at night, water just rolls right off as you drive.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1125 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
werty316 wrote: Its a good step to ensure that any remaining fluid in the system is flushed out. Similar to if you were to flush out your cooling system, sort. Youtuber ChrisFix has a lot of good videos on the subject.

You could do that (if you don't care to reuse it later on) or you can carefully disconnect the line from the spray nozzles and empty the fluid into a bucket/container.
thanks, No luck finding a video that shows how to drain windsheild washer fluid. I've trying couple of days now.
Jul 17, 2008
208 posts
138 upvotes
The principle is similar but you should be able to disconnect the line but if not you'll have to sit in your vehicle and drain the old washer fluid with the steerwheel switch I guess. If you go the second route don't hold down the switch the whole time or you could burn out the motor.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes
Walmart at Marksville mall had a stack as of 10am this morning.
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10226 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
werty316 wrote: I heard about this sort of issue which is why I was and still am skeptical about using this stuff. Maybe if this stuff is only used during the winter season the effect won't be so substantial since it appears most of the claims are from long term users?
I used it for 4-5 years and yes it rusted my sensor to the point of breaking. Rain X is crap in my book, went back to regular blue stuff and never had a problem since in 7 years. Frankly I didn't see THAT much of a difference in rain or snow, just buy good wipers.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Meh. I read pros and cons for each brand. Open a thread for the blue stuff and you'll hear ppl yelling how the blue stuff freezes on their windshield (pity the dont read the label even. I wonder how they follow road signs).

Honestly I just switch brands and buy what's wt reasonable cost. Anything beats running out of washer fluid when you really need it. And we'll you don't want to fill up with water obviously. Will be picking up 2 cases later today.
Last edited by bigjee on Nov 16th, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jan 22, 2003
300 posts
192 upvotes
Cashier just looked at me like I was stealing 'em. I guess 4 boxes is kinda much but hey, i'm good for a while.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1514 posts
1622 upvotes
Canada
People worrying that the fluid may damage the sensor...just remember that some cars do not even have a sensor.
Sep 27, 2014
54 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Full pallets at east entrance and by the hardware section in the Brampton Airport rd location.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1874 posts
1666 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
helraiser wrote: Cashier just looked at me like I was stealing 'em. I guess 4 boxes is kinda much but hey, i'm good for a while.
You should have seen my cashier when I grabbed 4 cases of rain-x PLUS I gave her the $20off coupons for the both the Phillips shaver and the Phillips Sonicare toothbrush. She was speachless!!!! Clapping Hands SignClapping Hands SignClapping Hands Sign
Jul 17, 2008
208 posts
138 upvotes
Wait a second, I should have read that post correctly about the issue being the windshield Washer sensor and since my 6th gen Honda Accord doesn't have a windshield washer sensor, as far as I know, I shouldn't really be concerned then. Derp moment on my part.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes
J.C wrote: People worrying that the fluid may damage the sensor...just remember that some cars do not even have a sensor.

How can you tell if your car has a sensor? If it dispenses washer fluid automatically?
Nov 16, 2016
209 posts
88 upvotes
Alberta
freakyflow wrote: How can you tell if your car has a sensor? If it dispenses washer fluid automatically?
No, I'm thinking they're talking about the sensor for the low washer fluid light on the dash.
Oct 10, 2004
919 posts
217 upvotes
Winnipeg
Pallet load at Unicity Winnipeg, minus the three cases I took home. Thanks OP.
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10226 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
werty316 wrote: Wait a second, I should have read that post correctly about the issue being the windshield Washer sensor and since my 6th gen Honda Accord doesn't have a windshield washer sensor, as far as I know, I shouldn't really be concerned then. Derp moment on my part.
Um, we are talking about the sensor that tells you that you are low on windshield washer fluid. Even cars from 1990 have that :) For sure your Accord has one.
freakyflow wrote: How can you tell if your car has a sensor? If it dispenses washer fluid automatically?
When you run low/out of windshield washer fluid, it lights up.

Many people have sued, had damage to it...stuck "on forever" because it broke it. Also...many people have had NO problems for years. I'm out $$$$ to replace my sensor btw :)
Jul 17, 2008
208 posts
138 upvotes
I am gonna double check just to be sure Winking Face
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
bigjee wrote: Meh. I read pros and cons for each brand. Open a thread for the blue stuff and you'll hear ppl yelling how the blue stuff freezes on their windshield (pity the dont read the label even. I wonder how they follow road signs).

Honestly I just switch brands and buy what's wt reasonable cost. Anything beats running out of washer fluid when you really need it. And we'll you don't want to fill up with water obviously. Will be picking up 2 cases later today.
Haha, ran into this one with a rental vehicle. It apparently didn't have a low washer fluid level, or it was malfunctioning. Was highway driving in slushy/dirty conditions as it was getting dark. Ran out of fluid about 5 minutes from camp, but was one of my sketchier drives! Next morning, poured in 2 bottles of water, enough to get me to site where someone had spare fluid!