Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

RCA 40" LED HDTV - $148

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2018 9:43 am
Nov 10, 2018
279 posts
249 upvotes
ON
Good deal,
40", 1080 HD, just if it was smart or Roku TV deffenatly would go for that.....
Jan 27, 2009
237 posts
240 upvotes
Ottawa
Something to be careful about with these cheap TVs is the potential lack of HDMI-CEC. This is what allows your Chromecast or fire tv stock or Roku or AppleTV to control power and volume of the tv with the smart device remote which is a huge convenience - no more harmony necessary. It generally works great but the sylvania and rca TVs I bought did not have support which annoyed me. Cheap insignias seem to support it.
Darryl
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Jtu85 wrote: Just to confirm, this is not a smart tv correct? No Netflix?
Also, the description says 1080p but the specs say 720p on walmart website. Which is it?
yeah, take the website description with a grain of salt. I bought an Element (that was removed from Walmart's site less than a month later) last year from Walmart.ca on Black Friday for $199, website mentioned 4K, which I found very odd for such an small screen (39"), when the TV came in, it was clearly not 4K, but the box also made no mention of 1080p, or even 720p anywhere; all it said was Element Smart HDTV. Could be why about 2 weeks later it was gone from the site and on "in-store" clearance for $168. I purchased it again, then drove a few blocks to another Walmart to return it using the old $199 receipt (didn't feel like packing it back up to get $30 back)
Last edited by remik on Nov 16th, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
d_bone wrote: Something to be careful about with these cheap TVs is the potential lack of HDMI-CEC. This is what allows your Chromecast or fire tv stock or Roku or AppleTV to control power and volume of the tv with the smart device remote which is a huge convenience - no more harmony necessary. It generally works great but the sylvania and rca TVs I bought did not have support which annoyed me. Cheap insignias seem to support it.
HDMI-CEC support on TVs is hit or miss on all TV ranges. My Hisense 55" TV works like butter with my Nvidia Shield and built-in chromecast where my TV turns on and switches inputs clicking the home button on the shield remote, and I can even control androidTV menus using my Hisense remote. My bedroom Samsung TV has no HDMI-CEC support what so ever, I have to use the Samsung remote like a common peasant!!

BTW, the specs sheet shows only one HDMI port, is that even possible??
Aug 16, 2017
128 posts
138 upvotes
I have this TV. My In-laws bought it earlier in the year, as one day I casually mentioned wanting a TV in our basement. I think they bought it from Leon's or The Brick. I put it on the wall with a mount I bought from Jysk.

Anyway, quality seems fine for where I use it. Picture seems bright and clear. The Coaxial port is loose, but still works fine with my antenna. I also use my PS3 for Netflix and PSTV for gaming. I have no complaints.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Kamrana wrote: Good deal,
40", 1080 HD, just if it was smart or Roku TV definitely would go for that.....
"SmartTV" is over hyped, it's more like TV with Netflix and YouTube. Just grab a ChromeCast on BF, they will probably be around $25-30, and you got your "SmartTV" or a few loonies more and get a FireStick 4K. Just remember, looks like this TV only has 1 HDMI input :facepalm:
Jun 24, 2012
253 posts
164 upvotes
Hamilton
remik wrote: "SmartTV" is over hyped, it's more like TV with Netflix and YouTube. Just grab a ChromeCast on BF, they will probably be around $25-30, and you got your "SmartTV" or a few loonies more and get a FireStick 4K. Just remember, looks like this TV only has 1 HDMI input :facepalm:
+1 to buying a ChromeCast to make your TV smart.

The Q&A section on the Walmart website reports 3 HDMI ports
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2002
1577 posts
146 upvotes
At $149 it is difficult to pass on upgrading the junk we currently have in the basement. If it works well I am willing to take that gamble, our last RCA cheapie from walmart survived over 2 years just fine, sold it on kijiji after we moved if I recall.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
1042 posts
890 upvotes
Kanata
Can confirm 1080p and 3 HDMI ports, but I also find different flavors of the same RCA model in the past. ie. Some with coax, some with optical instead.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5529 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
I put the UPC code 5846580361 into the WM stock checker and it comes up as $74.86??

Edit -- nevermind, I couldn't believe my eyes so I re-did it and now it comes up as $148. I wonder if it was temporarily on for $74.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Wiseman wrote: I put the UPC code 5846580361 into the WM stock checker and it comes up as $74.86??

Edit -- nevermind, I couldn't believe my eyes so I re-did it and now it comes up as $148. I wonder if it was temporarily on for $74.
Maybe $74.86 on "official" Black Friday (Nov 23rd) ??
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2894 posts
2118 upvotes
Calgary
This would make a nice arcade table like i built one last time

Dec 17, 2006
567 posts
330 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone know if this has HDMI CEC?
Jan 27, 2009
223 posts
41 upvotes
Bought this TV for my son's playroom (low use) and I'll be returning it. No HDMI-CEC for Chromecast, very poor sound - input names include "Wii", "PS3" and "Xbox" meaning quite an old model, just wasn't impressed, even for such low use. There weren't many left at my Walmart. I'll be waiting to see other deals on similar sized, low-end models for BF.
I'm here.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
masarwar wrote: This would make a nice arcade table like i built one last time

that is a pretty cool project, I could see a reclaimed wood version looking kinda' shnazzy in a man-cave, too bad my kids only likes the Just Dance games so this wouldn't work for them

Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
This might be more worth it *for some* even with conversion, forwarding fees, and taxes. Starts Wednesday.

Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2117 posts
1975 upvotes
masarwar wrote: This would make a nice arcade table like i built one last time

Me want. How much?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2894 posts
2118 upvotes
Calgary
FooNdaR wrote: Me want. How much?
Total cost for me came down to about $400 in parts. Honestly just get a 32inch tv and it will fit right in to IKEA's LACK table.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)