Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

RCA 7" Android Tablet (in store) - $49.97

Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5438 posts
4856 upvotes
Toronto

[Walmart] RCA 7" Android Tablet (in store) - $49.97

Walmart has this low end tablet on sale for $50, regular price is $68, appears to be sold out online, but might be available in store. Not a hot deal, but might useful to some?

As with most cheap tablets, this one is probably not that great. The biggest issue from what I have read is the viewing angle on this is very bad, also the camera is nearly useless.

I also believe this is the RCA 7 Voyager II, since it includes Lollipop. If this is the case the specs should be as follows:

Found a YouTube review: Personally I wouldn't buy it because of the screen issues, on the other hand the specs and performance do not seem that bad for $50.

If anyone used one or owns one let us know what you like and dislike about it and if this tablet warrants a purchase for the current price.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
would this be good to strap to a back of a car headrest so the kids can watch a movie?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3350 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal
steven80 wrote: would this be good to strap to a back of a car headrest so the kids can watch a movie?
3$ carseat stand at dollarama!! that would be okay, but the screen isn't that great. You'd have to crank the brightness way up if its sunny and battery would drop pretty quickly. Get a good 2.1A car charger and you'd be good to go

oh and headset is recommended, speakers are garbage tincans
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5438 posts
4856 upvotes
Toronto
Also watch out that you don't get RCA 7 Voyager I, which comes with KitKat, has a 0.3 front camera and I believe doesn't have Bluetooth, otherwise they are quite similar. They picture RCA 7 Voyager I in the advertisement in Walmart's flyer but the since it has Lollipop it must be RCA 7 Voyager II, also if you follow the Walmart's Item #30548487 on the website it lists the RCA 7 Voyager II image based on the background.

I played around with RCA 7 Voyager I one time in store, and it felt quite snappy for such a cheap device, I'd imagine this one is quite similar.

Here is box difference that I found online, but it might be different packaging, left is Voyager 1 and right is Voyager 2.

Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2015
2544 posts
2555 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I have v1 for over a year now. Great little tablet. I have issue with turning the brightNess off as it is so bright lol. Maybe I got lucky. I installed kodi on it and it's great. I can watch live games no problem.no Bluetooth though.
Nov 18, 2015
120 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone pick this up at a local store when it says "Sorry, this item is currently not available in stores.?" Wondering if I should go and check for it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9135 posts
2092 upvotes
the processor is actually not bad for a piece of crap, 1GB of ram too so it's somewhat usable. Really comes down to whether or not you can stand the crapiness of the screen
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5438 posts
4856 upvotes
Toronto
zoso454 wrote: There is also a low end proscan 9" with keyboard for $48
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/proscan-9-t ... 0195433114
Issue I see with this one is it only has 512MB of RAM versus 1GB, will make a significant impact, also resolution is better on the RCA, processor is better on the RCA, newer version of Android on RCA, slightly better camera on RCA (but both suck).

Otherwise they probably both suck in similar ways, cheap built quality and crappy screens.
Nov 17, 2013
27 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
Purchased an older version of this tablet, over one year ago. As reported here, the screen viewing angle is not forgiving. The screen also feels like a resistive touchscreen. The WIFI radio seems to have died, approximately two months after the 1 year warranty expired. That being said, it was a surprisingly quick and responsive tablet considering the cost. I would say performance and overall snappiness was even better than the Samsung Tab 2 (perhaps that was the Tab 3). Android on the RCA was more vanila / less bloated than the Samsung, that most likely accounts for the increased overall response of the RCA.

If available, I suggest extended warranty. All things considered, at this price I would purchase this again, with a reasonably priced extended warranty.
Nov 17, 2013
27 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
The limited screen viewing angle may be problematic for back of the headrest movie watching for the little one(s).
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
DominicRoy wrote: Purchased an older version of this tablet, over one year ago. As reported here, the screen viewing angle is not forgiving. The screen also feels like a resistive touchscreen. The WIFI radio seems to have died, approximately two months after the 1 year warranty expired.
If available, I suggest extended warranty. All things considered, at this price I would purchase this again, with a reasonably priced extended warranty.
Did you check to see if your cc has an extended warranty?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
zentro wrote: Issue I see with this one is it only has 512MB of RAM versus 1GB, will make a significant impact, also resolution is better on the RCA, processor is better on the RCA, newer version of Android on RCA, slightly better camera on RCA (but both suck).

Otherwise they probably both suck in similar ways, cheap built quality and crappy screens.
When I googled the 9" part number, the instructions come up in PDF on the Curtis website and it says 1GB ram for memory.... If anyone has the 9" tablet maybe they could confirm.
Nov 17, 2013
27 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
No, that never occurred to me. Thanks for the reminder. I will from now on.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
U4IA wrote: When I googled the 9" part number, the instructions come up in PDF on the Curtis website and it says 1GB ram for memory.... If anyone has the 9" tablet maybe they could confirm.
The ok was comparing the RCA (1gb, faster cup, lolipop, no case/keyboard) with the process (512mb ram, slower cpu, kit kat, keyboard,case)
Dec 28, 2011
664 posts
421 upvotes
OAKVILLE
Just picked up the last RCA Voyager II in store (Burlington) for $49.97. They still have a Voyager I if anybody is interested. Same price. Happy Hunting!
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2237 posts
570 upvotes
Kelowna
This would probably be good for kinds around the house. I actually use an old blackberry playbook in the back of a headrest so my son can watch shows on long drives and it seems to work well. What are these dollarama tablet mounts people were describing? I actually rigged the tablet up to one of those headrest mirrors you use with infants, attached with velcro command strips.