[Walmart] Sandisk Cruzer 16 GB USB 2.0 & 3.0 flash drives $5.88

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2018 11:39 am
[OP]
Dec 23, 2015
504 posts
448 upvotes

[Walmart] Sandisk Cruzer 16 GB USB 2.0 & 3.0 flash drives $5.88

If you need some inexpensive 16 GB drives you can live with USB 2.0 speeds $5.88 seems a pretty decent price. Looks like they are available online and in store.

** Edit - Thanks to Dough4you for adding the link to the 3.0 version https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sandisk-co ... AqD7bLWUPI
Last edited by 6060842 on Aug 15th, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
55 replies
[OP]
Dec 23, 2015
504 posts
448 upvotes
Just remembered I have some unused BestBuy reward points that are going to expire soon. Guess I'll go PM and use em up.
Sep 26, 2012
137 posts
64 upvotes
Edmonton
At this price doesnt really matter...but, I have received counterfeit sandisk drives sold and shipped by Amazon.ca...obvious when compared to reviews on youtube, and their transfer speed. Ive read staples has had issues with their supply chain too. Some reviews on Walmart.ca indicate these are very slow, may be counterfeits too?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
23292 posts
9728 upvotes
Ottawa
Perfect timing, as I need more for the office.
Dec 12, 2012
313 posts
170 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP. I need a couple of cheapies when I hand stuff out. They don't come back all the time!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5043 posts
311 upvotes
DrPoopee79 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 2:08 pm
At this price doesnt really matter...but, I have received counterfeit sandisk drives sold and shipped by Amazon.ca...obvious when compared to reviews on youtube, and their transfer speed. Ive read staples has had issues with their supply chain too. Some reviews on Walmart.ca indicate these are very slow, may be counterfeits too?
It is generally slow even if it's not counterfeit. Reads should be okay (20MB/s). Writes range from 5-10MB/s
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1781 posts
547 upvotes
TO
DrPoopee79 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2018 2:08 pm
Amazon is crawling with counterfeits, shipped and sold by amazon makes no difference since it's comingled with whatever everyone else sends in. They just pick one from the bin without knowing who sent it in and sell it to you.
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Sep 26, 2012
137 posts
64 upvotes
Edmonton
Emailed Sandisk CS, Their brand protection team wanted pictures of the drives, verified they are fakes shipped and sold and shipped by Amazon.ca. Drive properties show "VendorCo ProductCode USB Device". Now they want pictures of the packaging and invoice. Their approved re-seller list excludes both Amazon and Walmart. Approved seller list
Jun 26, 2004
500 posts
163 upvotes
DrPoopee79 wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 9:04 am
Emailed Sandisk CS, Their brand protection team wanted pictures of the drives, verified they are fakes shipped and sold and shipped by Amazon.ca. Drive properties show "VendorCo ProductCode USB Device". Now they want pictures of the packaging and invoice. Their approved re-seller list excludes both Amazon and Walmart. Approved seller list
To be fair, their approved seller list also includes Future Shop and Black's Photography...
They do list Walmart in the US as well, so I'm slightly skeptical as to how up-to-date this list actually is.
Amazon is all kinds of awful though when it comes to these counterfeits.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
1806 posts
852 upvotes
Waterloo
Excellent reviews for the USB3 version:

"★★★★★
5 out of 5 stars.
· 5 months ago
Best price

Needed wide mouth jars to use with my jar sealer adapter for my vacuum sealer. Best price I found"
Nov 10, 2013
200 posts
57 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
thanks grabbed the 3 they had in Maple (Mj Mac and Dufferine)
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
1139 posts
422 upvotes
Can we PM BB for cheaper? Do they have this? :)