Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Walmart Sansa Fuze MP3 player 8Gb $79.00

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2009 7:11 am
Tags:
None
Mar 29, 2009
5 posts
1 upvote

[Walmart] Walmart Sansa Fuze MP3 player 8Gb $79.00

Nice player for the price..this is the one that takes high capacity micro SD cards.
35 replies
Jun 28, 2006
448 posts
326 upvotes
sale or regular price?
potentially hawt
Oct 12, 2004
240 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Good sound quality from an MP3 player, I like it much better than my iPod Nano 3G. Interface is not as good on the other hand.

The Micro SDHC slot is great because those things only get cheaper and cheaper over time. So when you run outta space, just pick up a MicroSD to get more.
Mar 29, 2009
5 posts
1 upvote
This is the sale price....picked one up this afternoon.
Oct 26, 2006
585 posts
63 upvotes
East GTA - Durham Re…
I purchased one of these for my dad last month.

For $80 bucks its a good deal.

For video, its alright. You have to convert all the files properly to avi or WMV first before converting it to the FUZE format. I use Pazera_Free_MP4_to_AVI_Converter its fast enough

On a recent dual-core PC its not that bad.

I don't mind as its not mine.

8GB and expandable with microsd SDHC and the files integrate into the library. AND long battery life

Good.

Dave
Jul 25, 2006
917 posts
44 upvotes
Hamilton
This is in the Wal-mart flyer so you might have luck PMing FS which has it for $129.99. I've been waiting for some of the Samsung players to go on sale, but this is a good price for an 8G expandable player.

Wal-mart flyer (pg 22)

Link

Future Shop

Link
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1327 posts
993 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
I bought one of these for my mom, way better deal than Ipod. You can get a 16gb micro sd for $50 now, (see thread) making this a 24gig player. The memory works seamlessly. FM radio is also really good. If you like good sound you may want to upgrade the earbuds, they are okay, but not great.

Check out these reviews:http://www.consumersearch.com/search/reviews/sansa+fuze
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2003
4067 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Contrary to the above poster's opinion, I've read lots of complaints on this player and others from Sandisk about how long it takes to rebuild index of a memory card. The bigger the card is, the worse it gets. One reveiwer on anythingbutipod.com said a full 8gb card of mp3's takes 15 minutes to refresh, imagine how long a 16gb card would take. Bottom line is that if 8gb isn't enough, you may want to look elsewhere. That said, I can see 16gb MicroSDHC's going for under $20 within a year or so.

Do your own homework and decide! :confused:
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1327 posts
993 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
I put an 8 gig card in the Sansa i bought for my mom, and I'm pretty sure it took a lot longer, maybe an hour or more, to load the music onto it. Not that I did it the best way, I don't know, I think it was Windows Media player sync.

But that Didn't bother me personally, because with that quantity of music on there, 16GB, that is a mother of a music collection.

Is the Ipod a lot faster at sync? I hope it does something better than the fuze besides flipping album art.

32 Gig cards may be available a year from now.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2006
3430 posts
53 upvotes
London
Decent player but pretty good price!

Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
247 upvotes
I have the sansa e280 from a couple years back. Works fine and it's 8 gb but has earphone problems with ear phones that have an L-shaped end. It looks more durable than this one so I'm wondering if this is worth the $80 or if I should stick to my current one.

Sansa e280:
[IMG]http://www.reviewzine.com/images/mp3pla ... player.jpg[/IMG]

Fuze:
[IMG]http://digitalteknique.com/wp-content/u ... a-fuze.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4181 posts
1 upvote
I use a Sansa Clip which is sonically identical to the Fuze. This is hands-down one of the better sounding MP3 players. I find the quality to be as good as my first gen iPod shuffle (RIP). At this price, I probably would have got it over the Clip.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
1272 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa
I got a Sansa e280 8 GB and got a lot of "black screen" and no response problems.
It turns on but no display at all.

The price looks so good but does anybody experience similar problem with this new Sansa? Fuze
Mar 29, 2009
5 posts
1 upvote
Nettles wrote: I have the sansa e280 from a couple years back. Works fine and it's 8 gb but has earphone problems with ear phones that have an L-shaped end. It looks more durable than this one so I'm wondering if this is worth the $80 or if I should stick to my current one.

Sansa e280:
[IMG]http://www.reviewzine.com/images/mp3pla ... player.jpg[/IMG]

Fuze:
[IMG]http://digitalteknique.com/wp-content/u ... a-fuze.jpg[/IMG]
Tiger Direct has refurbished e280s on sale for $69. which I looked at as well. I thought the build seemed a little better on the Fuze when holding each in hand, so I spent the extra $10 and got new.

Has been working flawlessly. Tranfer speed is about the same as any other device I have used..no worse not any better.

By refresh I think they mean booting first time after after loading music to the SD card instead of internal memory. It does this once..then boots regularly after that?

Sound is excellent.
Dec 26, 2004
829 posts
58 upvotes
I bought the fuze a few weeks back when futureshop had their one day sale for $79.99. I got it for $75 from Staples and added $25 worth of stuff and used the $20 off $100 coupon that staples had sent many of us. Good sound, easy to use, although I don't think the screen size makes it very good for watching video.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5962 posts
1066 upvotes
Calgary
In term of pure MP3 player, the Fuze is better than View. And there is no comparsion between Fuze and e200 series. The Fuze wins by a landslide.

Currently, I am using EP-630 with my Fuze. My order of Head-Direct RE-02 is coming, it will be interesting to see if the Fuze is as good as others claim.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
However the e200 has rockbox going for it.

http://www.rockbox.org/

Play any format of music file. Play divx avi video files. Much nicer and customizeable interface. Even play doom (not that you'd really want to).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)