Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Schumacher Jump Starter + Power Pack 800AMP (SL1317) $69.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2020 11:05 pm
Dec 10, 2012
919 posts
551 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TorontoEh wrote: Guys, I'm a newbie to this charging category, the battery inside my 2012 Camry is 12V, what battery charger+tender would you recommend from CT/WM or AMZ to keep it connected for longer periods?

I bought a motomaster elimintaor one last week and it has 1V/4V charge rates and not sure if it will even charge?
1V/4V charge is not voltage(V) but amps(A) current. It should work fine to keep your car battery topped up.

It will charge at 4amps until the battery nears full then will trickle charge at 1 amp until full. When the battery discharges to a certain level the cycle repeats.

2012 Camry means the battery is 8 years old, most car batteries end of life is around 7 to 8 years so your probably ready to replace the original battery.

For a few bucks more I'd recommend getting an AGM battery. The tech is just that much better then standard lead acid batteries.
Aug 5, 2012
260 posts
126 upvotes
Richmond Hill
FFWD wrote: I got the Type-S jump starter from Costco in the GTA for $80. It doubles as a wired/wireless charging station and the Costco warranty.return policy made it a no-brainer.
Based on the prints on the box, I doubt it will start any engine other than smallest engines found in sub compact cars. The specification did not list jump start power.
Jun 4, 2004
537 posts
329 upvotes
Mississauga
roosterOON wrote: Based on the prints on the box, I doubt it will start any engine other than smallest engines found in sub compact cars. The specification did not list jump start power.
Actually it does on the side of the box that lists the specs - 200-350 Amps, but as you should know, that means nothing. What matters is whether it actually works or not, but I'm in no rush. Costco wouldn't carry it if it didn't work. The last lithium jump starter I got from them lasted about 5 years and I abused it - always forgot to charge it which eventually killed it. Of course Costco gave me a refund which I used to buy this one.
Jun 4, 2004
537 posts
329 upvotes
Mississauga
But I have to say, Schumacher is a good brand, and I trust that the SL1317 should work well too.
Nov 20, 2019
12 posts
2 upvotes
i returned recently. i used for start my rogue due to dead battery, cant even start it and finally need find a truck to start it. unless u fully charge every day or every time otherwise not working.
Feb 18, 2007
465 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote:
Bottom line, there's no such thing as a free lunch. With current battery tech, what you're looking for doesn't really exist. Whether you care to understand how batteries work and how to use them best, doesn't change the fact that they still work that way. This is not to say one of these couldn't start a car while both it and the car are at -25C, but it's going to be a lot tougher and will depend on things like the size of the motor, how well it turns over/how much energy is needed to do so, and how dead the main battery is. It's just a bad idea though really, when you could just go inside and warm it up for like 20 minutes or so and save yourself still being stuck.

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/art ... mperatures
https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php ... _batteries
The only thing i'd be using this for is jumping my car in freezing winter conditions where there is NOWHERE warm to go to.

When i've driven 2 hours up an FSR in the middle of **** nowhere.

And you're telling me it won't work for my purpose. GG