Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Sega Genesis mini release Sept 19 available NOW Vaughan Walmart store 3145 $99.96

May 28, 2008
244 posts
100 upvotes
Vancouver
bombdiggity wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 4:29 pm
Everything sounds good but just wish it came with the 6 button controllers like other regions. Would come in handy with more titles when this gets hacked instead of needing to spend more to get them.
Officially licensed Retrobit 6 button controller:
https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Bit-Offici ... WVSR7NAWR9

I'm getting the 8 button clear blue (which is more like the original Sega Saturn controller):
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10039 posts
2665 upvotes
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:37 pm
The only thing that might hurt this system a bit is that they released collection sets a few times over the years on different systems. But I doubt it will ever drop to the extent the psone did. This actually has hype, actually has good reviews, etc. The psone originally had hype before the games were announced. Then they had only people wanting to cancel preorders and wondering what Sony was doing choosing such a lacking game lineup. Then it had bad reviews on top of it. Sony dropped the ball.
Sony really did blow it with the PSOne mini. What a disaster.

As long as they don't build too many of these - they should sell just fine. May see some discounts again Black Friday. Lowest price so far is $79.99.

Like another poster said, another issues is use. I have played my NES mini maybe 10 times. I'm buying the Sega but people who don't play their previous retro consoles may not shell out for these.
Sep 14, 2018
62 posts
59 upvotes
neonic wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 5:47 pm
From ebgames page:

Guess they changed it - I have mine on pre-order from amazon since e3, and nothing yet :(
I also pre-order from Amazon and just got a notification saying it'll be delivered Sept 19
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2281 posts
2068 upvotes
kq76 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 5:21 am
Officially licensed Retrobit 6 button controller:

I'm getting the 8 button clear blue (which is more like the original Sega Saturn controller):
Exactly what I mean by needing to spend more to get them. $20 USD each x 2 is more than half the price of the mini. I guess we can hope they get discounted at some point...
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19003 posts
5901 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Mine is out for delivery from the Walmart $80 deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
716 upvotes
Toronto
yeah mine is out for delivery from amazon $80 too
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Nov 19, 2017
560 posts
1351 upvotes
Toronto
Got my Amazon $80 order delivered an hour ago. They used a bubble envelope instead of a box.
Nov 18, 2015
892 posts
295 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Mine is out for delivery, purchased from Amazon.
Jul 23, 2008
810 posts
155 upvotes
Any reason to buy this instead of playing all the library of Sega on the psx mini ?
Sep 28, 2010
789 posts
188 upvotes
Surrey
you can still get these fairly easily unlike the nintendo systems, and probably will have no issues during xmas either. Excited for mine, it's also out for delivery!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10039 posts
2665 upvotes
Just got my $79.99 preorder. Whooot!
Jan 9, 2016
28 posts
70 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Mine got delivered today from Walmart. I don't even remember ordering it but I guess I was under typical RFD effect when i ordered - Buy now thing later LOL

On a serious note, it is still BNIB and if someone wants it in Mississauga (Erin Mills/Thomas St), I am willing to give it out at CP ($79.99 + tax).
If not, this is going back to Walmart this weekend.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13886 posts
4091 upvotes
Montreal
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:28 am
These things will be $29.99 in no time. Mini console fatigue is in full force
Not to mention "how many times can you play the same old games over and over?" - I have the PS2 collection, the PSP collection, the PS3 and XB360 collections, the PS4 collection... my God, enough is enough and I really hoped the mini-console would supply a few classics, but with the majority being new, unreleased titles (which there are a TON). I a not paying $100 just for World of Illusion, Landstalker, Light Crusader, Alisia Dragoon, and the Monster World games.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13886 posts
4091 upvotes
Montreal
tostaky wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 1:12 pm
Any reason to buy this instead of playing all the library of Sega on the psx mini ?
Can't think of one.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.