• Oct 22nd, 2018 7:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19892 posts
3762 upvotes
Poormond Hill

[Walmart] Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. PS4/Xbox One. $49.96

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider for PS4 and Xbox One is on sale at Walmart for $49.96.
PS4
Xbox One
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
45 replies
Dec 11, 2010
821 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
wow game prices are dropping faster than ever
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1961 posts
198 upvotes
York
I'll wait for this one to drop to $29.99.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Jun 7, 2017
401 posts
507 upvotes
New Brunswick
miniflight wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 10:18 am
RDR 2 is out in a week and is gonna demolish fall charts, so other publishers are trying to get their sales in lol
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2743 posts
161 upvotes
Ottawa
miniflight wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 10:18 am
This was the same price as the pre-order back during the summer.

That's how much I paid.
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
No Xbox X win.... not a good way to start 2018 :(
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1052 posts
528 upvotes
Might as well wait until next year for the GOTY edition with season pass.

Ever better.. wait another 6 months afterward for that price drop Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 8, 2013
128 posts
42 upvotes
I don't remember new releases having these kinda discounts shortly after releasing, it's pretty nice, finally
Jan 20, 2011
74 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
BranCracker wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 10:30 am
RDR 2 is out in a week and is gonna demolish fall charts, so other publishers are trying to get their sales in lol
Honestly I would recommend saving your money and buying RDR 2 instead, I didn't like Shadow very much

Edit: I've played all three of the games in this series and I think this review says it pretty well: https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2018/ ... ll-circle/
Last edited by TwistedKestrel on Oct 18th, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3337 posts
869 upvotes
GNKRFD wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 10:49 am
I don't remember new releases having these kinda discounts shortly after releasing, it's pretty nice, finally
It's a reflection of how poorly this game is selling compared to everything else on the market now. A great game is no longer good enough and tomb raider In particular should have released on another day. Between Spiderman, Cod and RDR2, the game doesn't stand a chance to do well.

Will pick this up when I finish rise of the tomb raider... Which I got last year and has yet to be started.
Mar 15, 2009
175 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver
Unless you're really wanting to play the now then this is an OK deal.

However, with Black Friday in about a month, prices will most likely drop further.
Jan 12, 2017
117 posts
172 upvotes
I would wait. This game wasn't very good. It's the worst in the new trilogy imo. There is very little combat in the game and the story is weak. If you like exploration I think you may really like it because wandering around and finding/searching tombs is a nice slow-paced gaming ride. But if you actually expected good gun fights more than one every 2 hours then I would pass. You only get good combat towards the end of the game and most fighting early on is in confined areas and stealth based. Not what I wanted.
Dec 11, 2010
821 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
rudyjuly1972 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 11:11 am
I would wait. This game wasn't very good. It's the worst in the new trilogy imo. There is very little combat in the game and the story is weak. If you like exploration I think you may really like it because wandering around and finding/searching tombs is a nice slow-paced gaming ride. But if you actually expected good gun fights more than one every 2 hours then I would pass. You only get good combat towards the end of the game and most fighting early on is in confined areas and stealth based. Not what I wanted.
good to hear, rise of tomb raider was a flop for me so I don't plan to play the third one...first one was good though
Jan 22, 2017
169 posts
591 upvotes
GNKRFD wrote:
Mafia III came out at the beginning of October and by December it was $19.99.
That's the largest fall I remember although it has happened to a few games.
Sep 8, 2010
163 posts
81 upvotes
Ottawa
Awesome game. I finished it last week and it was a fun playtrough. I don't think the expansion pass or deluxe edition bonus are worth it. It gives you some unbalanced item at the start of the game which are not too good after a few hours. The expansion pass contains challenge tombs that might be nice but I don't think it's worth the extra cost.

With my first playtrough, I finished the game with 98% completion in about 30 hours.

I'd pick this up right now for 50$ if you intend to play it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5049 posts
739 upvotes
calgary
GNKRFD wrote:
With the exception of Nintendo games and Cod/GTA/RDR it's kind of the new norm now.

It'll be 30$ by black friday.