Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Sony PS4 DualShock 4 (wave blue) - 39.96

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2019 12:57 pm
Nov 20, 2013
986 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
FleshMoulder wrote: Repeating with myself: "I don't need it, I already have 2 and a Switch with 4 controllers."
This is a PS4 controller you don't need to include the switch controller into your count. So.... Buy the PS4 controller lol
The only thing I know for sure... is that I know nothing.
1. Water 2. Sugar 3. Barney
Jul 22, 2009
464 posts
480 upvotes
Oakville
geogolem wrote: FYI.. I think this is the older model.. i.e. no lightbar on front and other minor changes ..

It's still a good deal nonetheless...

The reason I believe it's the older model is because I had this colour before... The newer model is midnight blue.. I'm not 100% sure but FYI in case it makes a difference to anybody
This should be the newer one for the following reasons:
a. Walmart's ad uses the picture of the blue one with the light bar
b. Playstation's website calls it wave blue: Link

Too bad they don't have a discount on the switch pro controller this week.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1743 posts
1521 upvotes
St Catharines
LezOLee wrote: This should be the newer one for the following reasons:
a. Walmart's ad uses the picture of the blue one with the light bar
b. Playstation's website calls it wave blue: Link

Too bad they don't have a discount on the switch pro controller this week.
Yep, has the light bar on the touch pad and dark blue rear shell as opposed to the black rear shell on the original model.

Definitely a revision 2 controller.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3285 upvotes
It's even a revision controller? Guess that's my lunch trip tomorrow god damn...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2674 posts
972 upvotes
Montreal
scottmg wrote: Doesn't EB games give more than $40 for a used controller?
No, they just recently dropped to 40$ TIV on their special Thursday promo
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
FleshMoulder wrote: Repeating with myself: "I don't need it, I already have 2 and a Switch with 4 controllers."
I'm trying to resist too. I have two Dualshock 4 controllers that I got when the PS4 first launched. Both are in excellent condition.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
2254 posts
660 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Does anyone know how to use the stocktracker for this? i just get online stock without a colour option
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
Looks like it's time to upgrade my last 2 first gen controllers now that I replaced the sticks on them.

Buy these and hope EB games does another $40 trade event and snag some psn cash cards.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
2254 posts
660 upvotes
Richmond, BC
uklamen wrote: Looks like it's time to upgrade my last 2 first gen controllers now that I replaced the sticks on them.

Buy these and hope EB games does another $40 trade event and snag some psn cash cards.
wouldn't you be losing out on taxes? $39.96 + taxes is less than a $40 PSN card. unless there's some trickery here haha
Last edited by syn3rgetic on Jan 9th, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 20, 2010
629 posts
631 upvotes
I wish they would produce some more Sunset Orange :( , I was hoping to grab that one on sale to round out my 4 for my collection. Should have got one full price sooner apparently as they are nowhere to be found.
Jun 14, 2016
597 posts
349 upvotes
Calgary
Is this the lowest a revision controller has been since release?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
syn3rgetic wrote: wouldn't you be losing out on taxes? $39.96 + taxes is less than a $40 PSN card. unless there's some trickery here haha
If you mean the controller + tax will cost more than a $40 PSN card, then yes that's correct. Not sure it really matters though.

I also don't think you can get $80 of PSN cards either so I'll be paying a bit more for $100 card and paying for gas to go to both places... not to mention the lost hours.

I don't really care about it being equal, just care about refreshing my gen1 controllers and offloading the old ones for a decent value. Downsized from 8 controllers down to 5 a few trade in events ago. Only two first gen to swap out now that they didn't take before because of stick tear.
Oct 13, 2009
40 posts
16 upvotes
Saskatoon, Sk
Totally agree with you, I love that color scheme and was waiting for it to go on sale and boom. Nowhere to be found.

Going to try to snag one of these tomorrow for sure.

I got 2 launch controllers... one where the sticks are stripped of rubber and one where the same is happening + the options button is stuck/mushy
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
xristophoros wrote: they don't seem to have this controller at bb or eb games... must be discontinued, hence the price.
Walmart would not put a discontinued item in a national flyer. It may be a model specific to Walmart.

The fact that it specifies blue though will make PM at other retailers difficult, if not impossible.
Last edited by Kurtz7834 on Jan 9th, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
It's possible all the controller colours ring in at $40 tomorrow, we'll have to wait and see. Seems kinda silly to only put one colour on sale. I suspect all the controller colours will be this price.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
2254 posts
660 upvotes
Richmond, BC
uklamen wrote: If you mean the controller + tax will cost more than a $40 PSN card, then yes that's correct. Not sure it really matters though.

I also don't think you can get $80 of PSN cards either so I'll be paying a bit more for $100 card and paying for gas to go to both places... not to mention the lost hours.

I don't really care about it being equal, just care about refreshing my gen1 controllers and offloading the old ones for a decent value. Downsized from 8 controllers down to 5 a few trade in events ago. Only two first gen to swap out now that they didn't take before because of stick tear.

I totally missed your comment about refreshing your old controllers. Totally get it now. i thought you were just bringing the new ones in and trading them in for $40. i'm an idiot go figure.
Sep 19, 2007
263 posts
83 upvotes
Just wondering if the controller are being put as clearance or it's a regular sale? Since according to Walmart pricing policy they can do the price guarantee if it's in sale and not for clearance items. I might get it today and then get it adjusted tomorrow.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)