Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Walmart spend $100 get $10 e-voucher

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2018 7:12 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1419 posts
5713 upvotes
Van Isle

[Walmart] Walmart spend $100 get $10 e-voucher

https://i.walmartimages.ca/img/landing- ... 1110_E.jpg

Must be redeemed between Dec 1-21st

Not redeemable on groceries
Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers
34 replies
Oct 3, 2014
303 posts
266 upvotes
Good promo, why are there people downvoting this?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2117 posts
1975 upvotes
crockpot wrote: Good promo, why are there people downvoting this?
$20 it’s because they are comparing it relative to other deals rather than looking at it as the absolute, $10 off.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1550 posts
2615 upvotes
Because they want $10 for free without purchasing the gift card, preferrably with absolutely no strings attached too.

Heck, check out the PayTM free $10 GC sign-up promo. Some people are still complaining that "it's too much work" and "I don't want to give my phone number".
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16313 posts
7943 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: It's a bad promo, because it's only a 5% discount when you think about it. Spend $200 to get $10 off? I wouldn't even bother.
$200 of regular spending (no product restrictions) and you get a bonus 5% off.

And yet "buy X get a GC" deals are upvoted and praised.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14335 posts
15670 upvotes
Oil Country
Lone_Prodigy wrote: $200 of regular spending (no product restrictions) and you get a bonus 5% off.

And yet "buy X get a GC" deals are upvoted and praised.
The coupon has a three week window when you can use it too. If you already shop there it's an okay deal, but I don't think anyone would go out of their way to get that coupon
Mar 11, 2018
130 posts
127 upvotes
crockpot wrote: Good promo, why are there people downvoting this?
Coz it looks like downvoting for some is almost like a sport. Short of a retailer having a firesale, it's hard for some to appreciate threads with people sharing info they wouldn't have had otherwise.

I am going to Walmart for shopping tomorrow and definitely appreciate the heads up on the deal (whether or not I take it...). Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2149 posts
2995 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: The coupon has a three week window when you can use it too. If you already shop there it's an okay deal, but I don't think anyone would go out of their way to get that coupon
Correction. It is 10% on top of discount that you normally don't get. Walmart sells a lot of stuff like dairy and grocery where you normally just don't get any discount at all. You are still getting saving.

Compare a 10% discount on daily necessary to other discount is just silly. It doesn't work like that.

The key point: Can you find a better discount? If not. Just leave it alone. This is great for many people who shop at Walmart a lot. $200 is nothing when it come to grocery.
Apr 2, 2008
702 posts
363 upvotes
Cucumference wrote: Correction. It is 10% on top of discount that you normally don't get. Walmart sells a lot of stuff like dairy and grocery where you normally just don't get any discount at all. You are still getting saving.

Compare a 10% discount on daily necessary to other discount is just silly. It doesn't work like that.

The key point: Can you find a better discount? If not. Just leave it alone. This is great for many people who shop at Walmart a lot. $200 is nothing when it come to grocery.
lol, you missed all the key points
1. It is 5%, not 10%. Spend $100 to get the coupon and then you have to spend another $100 to use the coupon, so $10 off on a total of min. $200. It's hard to get a perfect $100 purchase every time.
2. Dairy and groceries are excluded when redeemed (not sure about the initial purchase).

If you shop at Walmart anyway, it is a hot deal. If not, nothing for you.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1419 posts
5713 upvotes
Van Isle
Dont know about you gals/guys.....but I never turn down a free 10 bux if I am shopping at that business anyways. Possibly a little bit of over-thinking on this???
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14335 posts
15670 upvotes
Oil Country
katwittfan wrote: Dont know about you gals/guys.....but I never turn down a free 10 bux if I am shopping at that business anyways. Possibly a little bit of over-thinking on this???
But it's not $10 cash. It's a $10 off $100 coupon. You can find better coupons in the Staples coupon megthread. You also need to spend $200 at Walmart by December 21st, and as you indicated in the first post, the coupon can't be used on groceries.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1419 posts
5713 upvotes
Van Isle
fudge_u wrote: But it's not $10 cash. It's a $10 off $100 coupon. You can find better coupons in the Staples coupon megthread. You also need to spend $200 at Walmart by December 21st, and as you indicated in the first post, the coupon can't be used on groceries.
I thought i started a walmart thread?? bizarre.
Oct 18, 2015
388 posts
279 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
fudge_u wrote: But it's not $10 cash. It's a $10 off $100 coupon. You can find better coupons in the Staples coupon megthread. You also need to spend $200 at Walmart by December 21st, and as you indicated in the first post, the coupon can't be used on groceries.
RFD_mode_On
Can't you just buy something worth $100, get the e-voucher, return said item in store and get store credit (don't even need receipt), and use the store credit for your $100 purchase? So you are only spending $100 for the coupon, bringing the return to 10% instead of 5%?
RFD_mode_Off
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1167 posts
736 upvotes
Calabogie, ON
Up voted cuz this is $10 off spending I was already going to make....that's the definition of a good deal IMO.

I will never understand why people go out of their way to down vote something that is just now for them.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5954 posts
1588 upvotes
Toronto
eyeball123 wrote: RFD_mode_On
Can't you just buy something worth $100, get the e-voucher, return said item in store and get store credit (don't even need receipt), and use the store credit for your $100 purchase? So you are only spending $100 for the coupon, bringing the return to 10% instead of 5%?
RFD_mode_Off
Lol you've encapsulated the RFD spirit right there
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1734 posts
1888 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure when it ends, saw the banner throughout the site, but the voucher is good from Dec 1-21

Images
  • IMG_5046.JPG
Last edited by jasonchan on Nov 12th, 2018 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1873 posts
1664 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
This is a good deal/bonus for families/individuals who regularly use Walmart for their daily requirements and already spend $100+ every week.

Ps.....not everyone on this site is 15yrs old using mom's free home Wi-Fi. Some folks actually need deals like this as they are struggling to make ends meet.

Those of you downvoting deals like this.......need to get your head out of your azz.

Thumbs up OP.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)