Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Stanley Power Horse Grounded 8- Outlet Upright Power Center $12 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2017 12:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2013
1057 posts
5174 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA

[Walmart] Stanley Power Horse Grounded 8- Outlet Upright Power Center $12 (YMMV)

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/stanley-po ... 0190509900

Product Features Portable design - fold, wrap cord and carry anywhere 8 covered grounded outlets keep dust out 3 transformer spaced outlets Rubberized comfort grip and non-skid footings Angled design allows for wrapping additional extension cords Stand-up design keeps outlets off the ground 6' vinyl cord AWG 14/3 SJTW 125 volts, 15 amps, 1875 watts
Product Features
Portable design - fold, wrap cord and carry anywhere
8 covered grounded outlets keep dust out
3 transformer spaced outlets
Rubberized comfort grip and non-skid footings
Angled design allows for wrapping additional extension cords
Stand-up design keeps outlets off the ground
6' vinyl cord
AWG 14/3 SJTW
125 volts, 15 amps, 1875 watts

JJ_Rizvi
18 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1758 posts
172 upvotes
Burlington
The stores near me are limited stock and $25 according to the website.
Aug 30, 2017
33 posts
18 upvotes
$24.99 on the shelf at Richmond Hill Walmart, was able to price match to the online tag. Thanks, OP!
Dec 19, 2008
60 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Safety note for any of the reel types that the cord should be fully unreeled when used with a heavy load (like a motor) as the coil could cause overheating of the coiled cord (due to magnetic effect) and possible fire. I have seen that effect on a friends reel which completely melted the coiled portion of the cord's insulation.

This is echoed by a reviewer on Walmart's web site:
"Bought several of these units for use by a sewing group to power their sewing machines and task lights. They are very light and operate smoothly. They have an ON-OFF switch that incorporates a circuit breaker to help protect from overloading. Testing demonstrated that it is VERY IMPORTANT to pull out the entire cord, as directed by the manufacturer, if using this unit to power anything other than a very light load. On any load more than half the rated current of 13 AMPS, the wound up cord can become dangerously hot !! On one unit the 'dust cover' broke off one outlet on the very first withdrawal of the machine plug. This should be covered by warrantee."
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
7347 posts
928 upvotes
Montreal, QC
16/3 is very light gauge, I will keep the load under 10A
Aug 1, 2005
477 posts
54 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 11:36 am
Feel cheap, passed
Same. Reel had good reviews on amazon, but when I felt it, didn't even feel like it would hold up to even light duty home use. Felt like it was worth about $12. Passed as well.
The sawhorse seemed cheaper and even more of a gimmick.

Thanks for posting though.
Nov 16, 2006
487 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Picked 1 up in Oakville Dundas and Trafalgar. Just what I needed for work around the house. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
2952 posts
783 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
If you are in the West Island area and looking for one of these, check out the Pointe-Claire or Kirkland stores. Each location had about 2-3 of each model on the shelf (some different packaging also?). The Pointe-Claire store had the price labelled as $24.xx but they scan at $12. Kirkland showed the $24.xx price AND the lower $12 price.
Nov 14, 2006
38 posts
13 upvotes
Montreal
deals46 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 1:50 pm
If you are in the West Island area and looking for one of these, check out the Pointe-Claire or Kirkland stores. Each location had about 2-3 of each model on the shelf (some different packaging also?). The Pointe-Claire store had the price labelled as $24.xx but they scan at $12. Kirkland showed the $24.xx price AND the lower $12 price.
Got one from Pte-Claire store thanks. 3 more left on the shelf.
This store seems to be phasing out most of their DIY stuff. The shelves are real mess!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
1903 posts
697 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 11:18 am
16/3 is very light gauge, I will keep the load under 10A
hmm.... the OP says 14/3
"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!" -- Aragorn
Hath no loyalty to any ISP, for you shall receive none!