Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Star Wars Battlefront 2 $39.96

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 8:13 pm
87 replies
Oct 4, 2008
76 posts
152 upvotes
ontario
For the very few people who are considering purchasing this....
First don't.
Second xbox has it on sale for digital, $32.
Third if you are absolutely going to buy it, buy it used so EA doesn't get the profits.
Jan 25, 2010
149 posts
257 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just an FYI OP, anyone who posts about this game is in for a bad time. The game is full of microtransactions and has really pissed off the gaming community.
Oct 27, 2006
903 posts
201 upvotes
robotfood wrote: Just an FYI OP, anyone who posts about this game is in for a bad time. The game is full of microtransactions and has really pissed off the gaming community.
you clearly haven't played the game.

Season 2 is going to be coming out soon, haven't played it in a while. There were never any micro transactions when I played. However I do wish I waited for it to be this price.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
4118 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
JnJosh wrote: you clearly haven't played the game.

Season 2 is going to be coming out soon, haven't played it in a while. There were never any micro transactions when I played. However I do wish I waited for it to be this price.
That's because the huge negative press they got hit with caused them to disable them. They already stated they were putting them back in at a later time. I'm not playing this trash game, so I don't know if they are already back or not.

Avoid this game. Vote with your wallets. If you buy it you're going to see EA and others continue to do this.

OP, your thread is going to get downvoted because of the (well deserved) mass hate EA gets for this pay to win game.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Whew!
I thought you were gonna post it @ $19.99 or so.
Amazon had an XBox One Warehouse Deals copy for $34, so I picked it up and oddly it arrived new & sealed.

Looks and plays stunningly on an XBox One X in 4K...droooool!!!!!
Not interested in the online portion,I wanted it strictly for the campaign and offline 10 vs 10 bots/skirmish matches.
Loving it so far, killer single-player game. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

While I agree with the shadiness of the whole Loot Crate debacle, it's still a great and highly polished game that's a lot of fun even if you're not into the whole competitive online stuffs.

OP, I'll upvote ya, cause those will be few and far between here.
Nov 11, 2014
247 posts
195 upvotes
Markham, ON
Was $29.97 at costco for the apparent select few that are interested in this game.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
I'd like to buy this for under $15 just to play some space battles and single player stuff. Any suggestions on where to buy used without getting ripped off?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1746 posts
3106 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Note to self. Never post starwars battle front regardless how cheap it is.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6109 posts
7131 upvotes
Whitby
engineered wrote: I'd like to buy this for under $15 just to play some space battles and single player stuff. Any suggestions on where to buy used without getting ripped off?
Kjijii, ebay or ebgames. Used. Don't pay anymore than $30 for this thing. (even that is too much)
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4439 posts
2955 upvotes
Woah! wrote: Whew!
I thought you were gonna post it @ $19.99 or so.
Amazon had an XBox One Warehouse Deals copy for $34, so I picked it up and oddly it arrived new & sealed.

Looks and plays stunningly on an XBox One X in 4K...droooool!!!!!
Not interested in the online portion,I wanted it strictly for the campaign and offline 10 vs 10 bots/skirmish matches.
Loving it so far, killer single-player game. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

While I agree with the shadiness of the whole Loot Crate debacle, it's still a great and highly polished game that's a lot of fun even if you're not into the whole competitive online stuffs.

OP, I'll upvote ya, cause those will be few and far between here.
Im in the same boat, more interesting in the campaign mode. That's what I was waiting for, an unbiased review of the campaign mode. I'll wait till it drops to the 19.99 ps4 sweet spot.

And I hate and I'm jealous of you being the king of amazon open box/warehouse deals lol
Nov 22, 2016
277 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto
It's cheaper on EA website for $31.99 and it has been decreasing in price for every 3 weeks sale EA had, first it was 40% off (second week after release) then 50% and now its 60% off on their site. Soon it might get added to EA Access, EA took a huge hit releasing a famous brand game with trivial amount of content and predatory practices with MTX!!

As per microtransactions and stuff it has been disabled but rng `star cards` still plague the game and it is getting its season 2 with more content and just had a new patch which was mostly fixes etc. They are slowly adding content which should've already been in the game. So, for $30 its worth it if u are a Star Wars fan~
😱-Deals!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3285 upvotes
I plan to wait for $10 bargain bin for this game. Won't lie I wanna play the story (I'm a sucker for Star Wars) and it is pretty, but I refuse to give EA the semblance of money for this game and will wait until the whole game collapses and everyone is dumping copies on the cheap.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
dyalect wrote: Kjijii, ebay or ebgames. Used. Don't pay anymore than $30 for this thing. (even that is too much)
Yea, I'd be happy to pay $5-10 for it, but I can't find it that cheap.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1069 posts
2119 upvotes
5252525111 wrote: For the very few people who are considering purchasing this....
First don't.
Second xbox has it on sale for digital, $32.
Third if you are absolutely going to buy it, buy it used so EA doesn't get the profits.
The Mob mentality against this game is actually hilarious. This game deserves criticism, but more so for being a lazy re skinned money grab of basically the same game (Battefront 1) If you have not played/owned the first its definitely worth it IMO if your a fan of the star wars universe. The P2W/Microtranscation thing is something that you need to be carefully with in pretty much any game moving forward. Due to "Whales" (customers who buy a stupid amount of micro transactions) this trend is taking hold in the gaming industry in general. Until people start voting with their wallets it will continue in all aspects of AAA games. Be smart and know whats going on rather than just grabbing a pitchfork and joining the mostly uneducated mob.
May 31, 2015
29 posts
9 upvotes
London, ON
Too expensive. Basically not willing to pay anything for this game. I'll download it free of cost. Not even one dollar more.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
robotfood wrote: Just an FYI OP, anyone who posts about this game is in for a bad time. The game is full of microtransactions and has really pissed off the gaming community.
It's comments like these that are examples of how misinformed people are about the game and how easy it is jump on the bandwagon to hate the game.

There are no micro transactions... you can't buy loot boxes in it's current state. Progression will be overhauled and no one has a clue as to what it's going to look like. Could be better, could be worse... But no one is in a position to say.

That said, I agree to not get it at $40. The game still does well but the PR around this game has been a disaster. $40 is it's general price these days and you can bet it'll crash in price over the next few months. By Christmas, it'll be $20 or less. (I would guess an EA access game by end of the year)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
witenite wrote: Im in the same boat, more interesting in the campaign mode. That's what I was waiting for, an unbiased review of the campaign mode. I'll wait till it drops to the 19.99 ps4 sweet spot.

And I hate and I'm jealous of you being the king of amazon open box/warehouse deals lol
LOL!!!!

At least I'm the King of something, Thx!

I felt the same way as you do, was gonna wait for $19.99-$29.99 and pick it up for the PS4, figured it'd look great on the Pro.

Then that damn Warehouse Deals reared its ugly head and I bought an XBox One X Scorpio Edition.

So now I needed something purty to look at other than Forza Horizon 3, figured that this game would be a fantastic candidate, and I'm not disappointed in the least.

For $35 it's well worth it, single-player is awesome, and the rest is just gravy.

After all, it's fricken' Star Wars....