Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Star Wars Battlefront II PS4 and Xbone $9.96 PM

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 11:49 am
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
LOL! Thanks OP for sharing this deal!

I have been so busy lately dealing with stuff that I have not gone deal hunting for videogames that much over the last couple of months.

But I was interested in the single-player offline campaign mode of Battlefront II, so for $9.96 was a no brainer (and Yes, EA sucks big time for trying to milk as much money out of people with loot boxes and microtransactions to get ahead quicker and easier in the game....it's disgusting practice....and something I would never pay for with real money personally).

However, I used my RFD skills and got the game for FREE! Paid $0 ....so it makes it even sweeter for me! Suck on that.....EA!

Here's proof! :)

~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5819 posts
3844 upvotes
West Vancouver
Slowly making its way to the 0.99$ bin.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: Slowly making its way to the 0.99$ bin.
Until it's there, don't buy, downvote, and move on. Apologies to OP.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Nov 17, 2007
565 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
Scorpionsy wrote: LOL! Thanks OP for sharing this deal!

I have been so busy lately dealing with stuff that I have not gone deal hunting for videogames that much over the last couple of months.

But I was interested in the single-player offline campaign mode of Battlefront II, so for $9.96 was a no brainer (and Yes, EA sucks big time for trying to milk as much money out of people with loot boxes and microtransactions to get ahead quicker and easier in the game....it's disgusting practice....and something I would never pay for with real money personally).

However, I used my RFD skills and got the game for FREE! Paid $0 ....so it makes it even sweeter for me! Suck on that.....EA!

Here's proof! :)

I'll bite. How was it free?
Came for the deals...stayed...for the deals.
May 3, 2017
36 posts
11 upvotes
AA7HBS wrote: I'll bite. How was it free?
Probably sticker price was different than what it scanned at and according to the law, if that item is under$10, you get it for free.
Nov 25, 2015
289 posts
186 upvotes
York, ON
AA7HBS wrote: I'll bite. How was it free?
Probably traded a bunch of games towards it would be my guess.
Nov 14, 2018
162 posts
104 upvotes
Hi everyone Im really new in the gaming world and I would like to know how to get games on discounts at Best buy, I heard some people mentioned a 20% is that correct if yes, how do I get the discount? Do I have to sign in some sort of membership or how does it work. Thanks for you time.
Aug 3, 2018
131 posts
324 upvotes
Carlos18 wrote: Hi everyone Im really new in the gaming world and I would like to know how to get games on discounts at Best buy, I heard some people mentioned a 20% is that correct if yes, how do I get the discount? Do I have to sign in some sort of membership or how does it work. Thanks for you time.
Best Buy price matches their competitors so if you find a game you want at a good price, just go into BB and show them the ad and they beat the advertised price by 10%.
Jan 31, 2008
389 posts
429 upvotes
Etobicoke (Toronto),…
Carlos18 wrote: Hi everyone Im really new in the gaming world and I would like to know how to get games on discounts at Best buy, I heard some people mentioned a 20% is that correct if yes, how do I get the discount? Do I have to sign in some sort of membership or how does it work. Thanks for you time.
It also has to be a Canadian retailer. Physical store or digital are both acceptable. Just show them proof.
Jul 2, 2016
888 posts
2358 upvotes
Thanks op. Just picked it up at Walmart. It is showing $29.96 in store but they lowered it to $9.96.
Feb 6, 2012
33 posts
11 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion
Got rejected at Best Buy since it was out of stock.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
AA7HBS wrote:
I'll bite. How was it free?
DanishP003216 wrote:
Probably sticker price was different than what it scanned at and according to the law, if that item is under$10, you get it for free.
nordwitcher wrote: Probably traded a bunch of games towards it would be my guess.
And I will share the answer...but DanishP003216 wins the guessing prize...lol!

Nordwitcher, no that could not have happened because Walmart does not do game trade-ins.

I used the SCOP factor...because the game was marked for $29.96 and luckily the employee knew that anything up to $10 in price should be free...which this game's price is for.

At first the employee wanted to adjust the price down to $9.96...so I said that in this case to use SCOP and the employee immediately without any disagreement, said I was right and rang in the game for free to me.

Hope that helps! ;-)
Last edited by Scorpionsy on Nov 17th, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
George1616 wrote: Thanks op. Just picked it up at Walmart. It is showing $29.96 in store but they lowered it to $9.96.
Sinyk wrote: I picked it up at Walmart this morning. Scanned at $29.96, showed the guy their website price, and he knocked it down to $9 for me instead. Thanks!
mwatcher wrote: Had a bit of a prob at first with my local Walmart here as they said they couldn’t match any website prices. And of course I mentioned it’s your own store! Anyway, got it finally with the discounted price.
stevensi1018 wrote: Just went at my local walmart. It scanned at 29.96$ but showed the employee the website and she matched the price for 9.96$. Nice find, thanks a lot it will be worth it for the campaign

You guys should have done what I have and gotten it for Free using SCOP. See my posts above.

You can try to go back to the store if it's not a hassle for you and tell them you should have gotten it for free...unless they changed the price down now to the correct $9.96 internally in that Walmart branch after you brought it to their attention which is possible. But you can give it a try in case they did not yet.

Cheers!
Last edited by Scorpionsy on Nov 17th, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nov 6, 2011
706 posts
377 upvotes
Calgary
Scorpionsy wrote: You should have done what I have and gotten it for Free using SCOP. See my posts above.

You can try to go back to the store if it's not a hassle for you and tell them you should have gotten it for free...unless they changed the price down now to the correct $9.96 internally in that Walmart branch after you brought it to their attention which is possible. But you can give it a try in case they did not yet.

Cheers!
This only works if the sticker showed a lower price than what it scanned for. Eg: if it shows $9.96 on the price sticker but when they scanned the game, it comes up as $29.96. In this case you would get the game for me.

My WM experience in Calgary was a little off. The sticker read $39.96, scanned at $29.96 so the SCOP would have made it $19.96-ish. But it was better for me to argue against their online price or $9.96. The rep wasn’t interested in “price matching their own site”, but asked a manager who took care of it. $10 is not bad for the campaign.
Jan 30, 2014
158 posts
227 upvotes
Montreal
ps3playa wrote: This only works if the sticker showed a lower price than what it scanned for. Eg: if it shows $9.96 on the price sticker but when they scanned the game, it comes up as $29.96. In this case you would get the game for me.

My WM experience in Calgary was a little off. The sticker read $39.96, scanned at $29.96 so the SCOP would have made it $19.96-ish. But it was better for me to argue against their online price or $9.96. The rep wasn’t interested in “price matching their own site”, but asked a manager who took care of it. $10 is not bad for the campaign.
SCOP wouldn't have applied if the sticker price was higher and the item scanned for lower. You would have only got the game at the scanned price of $29.99 with no SCOP.

SCOP only works if the sticker price was lower than the scanned price.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1453 posts
2191 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, grabbed a copy at my local walmart. As for getting it for free, they were having none of that. Honestly, i make enough money that fighting for $10 was just too much a hastle. But i had to try. Free is free
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Cataradi wrote: SCOP wouldn't have applied if the sticker price was higher and the item scanned for lower. You would have only got the game at the scanned price of $29.99 with no SCOP.

SCOP only works if the sticker price was lower than the scanned price.
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote: Thanks OP, grabbed a copy at my local walmart. As for getting it for free, they were having none of that. Honestly, i make enough money that fighting for $10 was just too much a hastle. But i had to try. Free is free
No, the SCOP was not against the sticker price which was $29.96....but against the online price which should had reflected on the store price as well...and since it did not and the price online is the current correct price....SCOP was applicable and accepted.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
4036 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote: No, the SCOP was not against the sticker price which was $29.96....but against the online price which should had reflected on the store price as well...and since it did not and the price online is the current correct price....SCOP was applicable and accepted.
For some reason my Walmart doesn't consider their own website as comparable to in store items so best they would do is match it since it's not a sticker price but an "online" price