Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Star Wars Battlefront II PS4 and Xbone $9.96 PM

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 11:49 am
Apr 11, 2009
675 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
undacova wrote: For some reason my Walmart doesn't consider their own website as comparable to in store items so best they would do is match it since it's not a sticker price but an "online" price
I tried to price match at BB but it was out of stock so it didn't work
Went to Wal Mart and saw the game was for $29 but still went to pay for it. The guy scanned it and I showed him the online page for 9 something. He did some manual overwrite? and I got it for the online price.
Walk around and come bk to do same for the xbox version but the guy said he wasn't allowed to do what he did for me for the ps4 one since they can't price match their own website (whack if you ask me). The online price is diff because they want to promote ppl buying from online on their site. That's the reason he gave me.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3576 posts
2980 upvotes
Markham
Scorpionsy wrote: No, the SCOP was not against the sticker price which was $29.96....but against the online price which should had reflected on the store price as well...and since it did not and the price online is the current correct price....SCOP was applicable and accepted.
I actually tried that reasoning when I got mine but the cashier told me they don’t apply SCOP to their online prices. If the disk had 9.96, then yes, I would have got it for free, but at least they matched the online price.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
undacova wrote: For some reason my Walmart doesn't consider their own website as comparable to in store items so best they would do is match it since it's not a sticker price but an "online" price
sandini_power wrote: I tried to price match at BB but it was out of stock so it didn't work
Went to Wal Mart and saw the game was for $29 but still went to pay for it. The guy scanned it and I showed him the online page for 9 something. He did some manual overwrite? and I got it for the online price.
Walk around and come bk to do same for the xbox version but the guy said he wasn't allowed to do what he did for me for the ps4 one since they can't price match their own website (whack if you ask me). The online price is diff because they want to promote ppl buying from online on their site. That's the reason he gave me.
HDawg wrote: I actually tried that reasoning when I got mine but the cashier told me they don’t apply SCOP to their online prices. If the disk had 9.96, then yes, I would have got it for free, but at least they matched the online price.
Guys, that is just a bunch of BS being fed to you by Walmart CSRs who don't know what they are talking about and they know it. The price of the item's SKU is matching both in store and online....it's the same item...by the same store...online or offline does not matter. This is a corporate pricing decision and it should apply accross the board whether online or in store...and it does not specifially say that the price is an online only promotion or price....it is the price of the item. Sometimes stores do not get their prices updated in time and that is what SCOP is there for. Once a store realizes this or it is brought to their attention by a customer...they give the customer the SCOP price (Free for $10 or less or $10 discount if the correct price is above $10) then they go in their internal pricing system (per store) and correct the price.

Any resistence to this is either BS on their behalf or even ignorance and lack of knowledge. You have to challenge them on the spot to prove what they claim...and they will not be able to prove it...and you will get what you are legally entitled to. Remember, Walmart chose to participate in the SCOP system and should honour such a choice.

I know some of you don't want the hassle of standing your ground when you have a right to, but I don't like it when I know that I am right and someone just tries to give a BS reply to deny my request which I have a right to. This happened several times throughout the years with BB (and Futureshop back in the day) and I always stood my ground, politely but firmly, and always got the PM or SCOP deal in the end after a little push back from my side. Don't be discouraged or shy from asking what is rightfully yours in any situation. Cheers!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: No, the SCOP was not against the sticker price which was $29.96....but against the online price which should had reflected on the store price as well...and since it did not and the price online is the current correct price....SCOP was applicable and accepted.
Stop spreading misinformation. This isn't how scanner code of practice works
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
User381785 wrote: Stop spreading misinformation. This isn't how scanner code of practice works
Where is the misinformation? The item scanned for a highter price than it should have been set at by the system...that is Scanner Code of Practice. Just because it showed the correct price online but was incorrectly displayed at the store is grounds for SCOP. Same store...same item number...different higher price in store (does not matter if it is online or in store). You don't know what you are talking about. If this was misinformation...then I would not have gotten the deal for free. This was not a lucky shot!

"What is the Scanning Code of Practice

The Scanning Code of Practice, or the Scanner Price Accuracy Code, was set forth by the Retail Council of Canada. Here’s what it says.

- On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store [yes, this was the case with the online price being advertised for a lower price], the lower price will be honoured; and

(a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less [yes, it was less than $10], the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge [Which is what they honoured in my case]; or
(b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the correct price.''

'Nuff said!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Nov 17, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
In store it is also $9.98 November 18th. Just confirmed as I work at Walmart 👍🏻
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
2253 posts
5010 upvotes
Batarang wrote: Image
Yeah, you just mentioned Friday on the Thursday before. Which it was regular price, still is. The sale at BB starts the upcoming Friday of the 23rd.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2668 posts
1399 upvotes
North York
rofl ... NBA LIVE 19 ..... for 19.99 like what... 2 months after release and still no one is touching this turd....

Nier Automata .... is a decent deal...
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
4036 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
Moeeed wrote: rofl ... NBA LIVE 19 ..... for 19.99 like what... 2 months after release and still no one is touching this turd....

It was actually $19.99 for a little bit on Amazon but delivery wasn't for a few weeks
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3576 posts
2980 upvotes
Markham
Moeeed wrote: rofl ... NBA LIVE 19 ..... for 19.99 like what... 2 months after release and still no one is touching this turd....

As a more arcade game, I love it. I am a basketball fan, but not a hardcore one and Live 19 has the right amount of sports sim and arcade gaming for me.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
Hartia0 wrote: Yeah, you just mentioned Friday on the Thursday before. Which it was regular price, still is. The sale at BB starts the upcoming Friday of the 23rd.
Just saying that it is going to be $10 at Best Buy like I said, so no need for doom and gloom if you missed out at Walmart.

Btw... if you REALLY want a good game at a fantastic price... Nier Automata at $20 is a STEAL. Go and get it if you don't have it already.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
2253 posts
5010 upvotes
Batarang wrote: Just saying that it is going to be $10 at Best Buy like I said, so no need for doom and gloom if you missed out at Walmart.

Btw... if you REALLY want a good game at a fantastic price... Nier Automata at $20 is a STEAL. Go and get it if you don't have it already.
Yeah i saw the nier price. Amazing price considering its 40 on the digital store. May just buy it to support the dev than to borrow it like i was orginally planning to.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1119 posts
847 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Not cool Black Friday Not Cool.

Making me buy Nier, StarWars and Detroit.

Already have GoW, RdR2. FC5, AC Origins to play
Feb 14, 2007
958 posts
316 upvotes
WayneB3265 wrote: In store it is also $9.98 November 18th. Just confirmed as I work at Walmart 👍🏻
i duno i went to the walmart at granville in bc as they have like 4 copies left and it's listed as 29.98 or something i asked the ladie she scanned it it's 29.98 i showed her the walmart website she said they dont' price match their website.
Feb 2, 2018
7 posts
2 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote: i duno i went to the walmart at granville in bc as they have like 4 copies left and it's listed as 29.98 or something i asked the ladie she scanned it it's 29.98 i showed her the walmart website she said they dont' price match their website.
I had the same problem at the Walmart I went to.
Mar 18, 2013
530 posts
1165 upvotes
Toronto
Just wanted to give feedback on SW Battlefront 2.

Below are MY OPINIONS, please dont hate me for it.

Picked up a copy yesterday morning at WM for $10 and beat the campaign by night...The story is ok but nothing Starwar...just a short side story.

IMO not worth $10 if you wanted to play the campaign only.

Now need to unload it on kijiji.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
husamus156 wrote: Not cool Black Friday Not Cool.

Making me buy Nier, StarWars and Detroit.

Already have GoW, RdR2. FC5, AC Origins to play
What about Spyro?

At least you're set for a while.
Henry626 wrote: Just wanted to give feedback on SW Battlefront 2.

Picked up a copy yesterday morning at WM for $10 and beat the campaign by night...The story is ok but nothing Starwar...just a short side story.

I kinda get the feeling it'll go free on PS+.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
Henry626 wrote: Just wanted to give feedback on SW Battlefront 2.

Who would buy a multiplayer online game for purely the single player?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: Where is the misinformation? The item scanned for a highter price than it should have been set at by the system...that is Scanner Code of Practice. Just because it showed the correct price online but was incorrectly displayed at the store is grounds for SCOP. Same store...same item number...different higher price in store (does not matter if it is online or in store). You don't know what you are talking about. If this was misinformation...then I would not have gotten the deal for free. This was not a lucky shot!

"What is the Scanning Code of Practice

The Scanning Code of Practice, or the Scanner Price Accuracy Code, was set forth by the Retail Council of Canada. Here’s what it says.

- On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store [yes, this was the case with the online price being advertised for a lower price], the lower price will be honoured; and

(a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less [yes, it was less than $10], the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge [Which is what they honoured in my case]; or
(b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the correct price.''

'Nuff said!
Depends too, if there is a PRICE TAG on the actual item, then it's supposed to be a price correction, not SCOP, SCOP applies to non-price ticketed items, usually applied against what the shelf tag would say. However, I have heard many stories of Walmart applying the SCOP, for various reasons. probably just easier to apply it rather than try to find reasons to debate it.
It used to be that the item say had a shelf tag showing a price, say $9.96, and the item ringing up at $29.96. Its great that is has now extended to flyer pricing.

The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.