Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Walmart: Starting Fri 2 Aug to 8 Aug Wii U Basic set $199.

Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
I have a Wii U console for $192 after PM and a bunch of $5-$10 Wii U games and I still don't want it... well I'll play around with it for a bit this week then trade in the games and return the console within 30 days. but I already finished most of those games (batman, black ops 2, ac3) already on other platforms.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13138 posts
1954 upvotes
Toronto
I used the console for less than an hour yesterday and hated it. I packed up everything and returning tomorrow. I haven't opened any of the $10 games. I will stick to my PS3.
Banned
Mar 16, 2009
4857 posts
2030 upvotes
Fantaz wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2013 4:09 pm
I have a Wii U console for $192 after PM and a bunch of $5-$10 Wii U games and I still don't want it... well I'll play around with it for a bit this week then trade in the games and return the console within 30 days. but I already finished most of those games (batman, black ops 2, ac3) already on other platforms.
carmaster wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2013 4:55 pm
I used the console for less than an hour yesterday and hated it. I packed up everything and returning tomorrow. I haven't opened any of the $10 games. I will stick my PS3.
More satisfied customers. LOL

Nintendo: Problem? what problem? Everything is perfectly fine! *building burns down around Iwata in background*
<<< Did you find my post helpful? Click the THANKS button.

BOYCOTT Lenovo products || Read about #LenovoGate! Tweet #LenovoSUCKS @Lenovo & @Lenovo_Canada, Post @ facebook.com/lenovo
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3334 posts
593 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2013 4:55 pm
I used the console for less than an hour yesterday and hated it. I packed up everything and returning tomorrow. I haven't opened any of the $10 games. I will stick my PS3.
Yes honestly so far it's a big stinker, even my children think it's bad. If Wal-Mart's policy allows returns I might well take advantage of it.

The killer is how much of an eternity it takes to shuffle between menus.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13138 posts
1954 upvotes
Toronto
The software is so sluggish and it took over 1 hr just to download the update. Also the screen would always say out of range when I went into the next room not 10 feet away from the console. Downloaded a demo of NBA2K13 and played it on the tv, the lag was so bad. The hardware and software are such a joke. Playstation is ages ahead of Nintendo in all regards.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3334 posts
593 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2013 7:49 pm
The software is so sluggish and it took over 1 hr just to download the update. Also the screen would always say out of range when I went into the next room not 10 feet away from the console. Downloaded a demo of NBA2K13 and played it on the tv, the lag was so bad. The hardware and software are such a joke. Playstation is ages ahead of Nintendo in all regards.
So true, this is abominable, I have never used anything like this. So long.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1145 posts
133 upvotes
Belle River
Poutinesauce wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2013 7:32 pm
Yes honestly so far it's a big stinker, even my children think it's bad..
This is what has shocked me the most. I got one for my sister's kids for Christmas, they weren't excited at all, ok chalked it up to maybe just confusion over the fact they already had a Wii. Since then I occasionally ask and apparently they just don't care much about it. And yes the system overall is very slow, load times, menus, settings, etc. It's hard to comprehend how slow it is until you actually use one, and then you're like woah this is not what I expect from a device like this nowadays. Before that update awhile back, it was insanely slow :) .
Mar 24, 2009
34 posts
14 upvotes
red76deal wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2013 4:52 pm
you do realize the response time for the Vita/PS4 combination versus the Wii U is huge right? I can't remember the numbers but if your playing a 1st person shooter have fun with that.

The reason for this is simple....the Wii U was built with the controller in mind....on the PS4 making it work with the Vita was just an afterthought. If its a gimmick you might want to explain to me why Sony felt they had to copy the gimmick. I have it and i love it...it just doesnt work for every game but thats fine...its another option.
You do realize Sonys "afterthought" is a MUST for all PS4 games (except those that require the camera), right? Like the Wii U, all processing is done on the console and sent to the Vita, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that the Wii U has a latency advantage here. Sony is touting this as a major selling point, I highly doubt they're going to push out a turd.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1171 posts
15 upvotes
Scanned in at 149.99 at Target when I went to price match, looks like they are clearing it out too maybe. This is what it scanned in as, didn't have to price match.
Banned
Mar 16, 2009
4857 posts
2030 upvotes
quikkid wrote:
Aug 4th, 2013 9:53 am
Scanned in at 149.99 at Target when I went to price match, looks like they are clearing it out too maybe. This is what it scanned in as, didn't have to price match.
Crazy. Called the nearest target to me and it's $299.99

BOYCOTT Lenovo products || Read about #LenovoGate! Tweet #LenovoSUCKS @Lenovo & @Lenovo_Canada, Post @ facebook.com/lenovo
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1171 posts
15 upvotes
HeavyDutyKronos wrote:
Aug 4th, 2013 10:04 am
It shows as $299.99 on the shelf, but scanned in at $150
Banned
Mar 16, 2009
4857 posts
2030 upvotes
quikkid wrote:
Aug 4th, 2013 10:06 am
It shows as $299.99 on the shelf, but scanned in at $150
I had the kid scan it on the phone and he said $299.99; had a second location in another city scan it = $299.99 also.

Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
HeavyDutyKronos wrote:
Aug 4th, 2013 10:04 am
Never call... :facepalm: lucky that it didn't scan in at $149 over the phone.
Banned
Mar 16, 2009
4857 posts
2030 upvotes
Fantaz wrote:
Aug 4th, 2013 11:02 am
Never call...
Don't tell me what to do :P

Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1388 posts
253 upvotes
quikkid wrote:
Aug 4th, 2013 9:53 am
Thanks. Picked one up. Will make a nice gift.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
× < >