Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Walmart: Starting Fri 2 Aug to 8 Aug Wii U Basic set $199.

Dec 22, 2009
220 posts
33 upvotes
sheepdogexpress wrote: I was thinking of getting the target deal but wii U sales have being catastrophically bad.

400 thousand units till the end of june and the beginning of the year.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/6/459369 ... sole-sales

The above doesn't help as it seems that nostalgia and sequel to old franchises are the key to success. Nintendo needs to become a software maker ASAP.
Speaking of sheepdogexpress, hello sheep.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2013
1836 posts
98 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Not sure why people go out of their way to hate the Wii U and Nintendo. If you don't like it then don't buy it. $400 is chump change if you're actually an adult with a job.

So far I've played through Adventure Land, Super Mario Bros U, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Super Metroid, Pikman 3, since I bought the system at launch. I think there are at least a few more games coming out that are worth playing. That's well worth the $400-$500 I've spent so far.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
1543 posts
301 upvotes
SuperGameBoy wrote: Not sure why people go out of their way to hate the Wii U and Nintendo. If you don't like it then don't buy it. $400 is chump change if you're actually an adult with a job.

So far I've played through Adventure Land, Super Mario Bros U, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Super Metroid, Pikman 3, since I bought the system at launch. I think there are at least a few more games coming out that are worth playing. That's well worth the $400-$500 I've spent so far.
The problem is they spec'ed the console as last generation while pricing it similar to next generation. This is a complete screwover for next gen third party developers. Basically games being developed for ps4 and xbox one won't be developed on the same graphics engine and they will need a completely different team to make the games for the WiiU. Most developers are better off just taking old xbox360 or PS3 titles and porting them to the wiiU. With its small hardware base, it isn't worth making completely new games for it. I think ubisoft said they haven't broken even yet from zombieU, which considering they have a pack in version, is really bad sales.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/09/zombiu-no ... t-3874655/

This is Nintendo acting like arrogant old Nintendo thinking first party titles will be enough to sell the system and leaving out third party developers. When next gen consoles come out, its going to be even worse when all these new ps4 or xbox one titles coming out, while Nintendo simply releases more and more sequels to existing franchises. And this is one of the big reasons why even first party franchises might not even save the system.

Nintendo games have rarely been about graphics and really changing he gameplay of existing franchises. A lot of people are happy playing such games on their old Wii and may not buy a WiiU just to enjoy these franchises in HD. The casual gamer is the least likely to pay Nintendo's asking price for a new console and they are the most likely not to care about graphics.

I think Nintendo is better off as a software maker because this way, we won't have to deal with inferior hardware and they will still be in a position to make peripherals.
Feel the wraith of the Old English Sheepdog.
Banned
Mar 20, 2011
1324 posts
822 upvotes
Bowmanville
SuperGameBoy wrote: Not sure why people go out of their way to hate the Wii U and Nintendo. If you don't like it then don't buy it. $400 is chump change if you're actually an adult with a job.

You make a really good point, there. If you have the money and enjoy what you spend it on, why does anyone have the right to criticize your decision? Who cares what other people think? You earned your money and you earned the right to spend it as you will.

Nintendo's not "done", they're having a bad run. (really bad!) They've always had solid games, and I'll bet everyone in this thread has owned at least one Nintendo console. I'll also bet, that within 2 years, everyone in this thread will own a WiiU. The price will be right and the first party titles will be magical once again.
You just proved signatures work!

Now who would go and edit my signature for no valid reason, especially as it never violated any of the posted terms.... :lol:
Jan 25, 2006
332 posts
39 upvotes
Hmmm, come to visit the thread to read about the deal. Instead, its 18 pages of arguing and bickering........God Bless RFD!!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1237 posts
415 upvotes
So how's everyone liking their wii-u. Took forever to update and transfer wii crap. really liking the remote play it works on my bed yeah. Really disappointed with virtual console though besides super Mario world and super Metroid and I geuss earthbound (never played yet) there isn't that much at $7.99 for a snes game ouch,. But for $150 overall cant complain gamepad has short battery life but has really good browser and switching Netflix from the screen to gamepad is super quick and good feature when wife wants to watch something else.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
thetick wrote: So how's everyone liking their wii-u. Took forever to update and transfer wii crap. really liking the remote play it works on my bed yeah. Really disappointed with virtual console though besides super Mario world and super Metroid and I geuss earthbound (never played yet) there isn't that much at $7.99 for a snes game ouch,. But for $150 overall cant complain gamepad has short battery life but has really good browser and switching Netflix from the screen to gamepad is super quick and good feature when wife wants to watch something else.
Get Sonic,your wife gonna like it.
25 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

Gamescom lineup
http://gamesector.net/2013/08/10/ninten ... -line-up/?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Banned
Dec 3, 2010
2615 posts
383 upvotes
Sarnia
thetick wrote: So how's everyone liking their wii-u. Took forever to update and transfer wii crap. really liking the remote play it works on my bed yeah. Really disappointed with virtual console though besides super Mario world and super Metroid and I geuss earthbound (never played yet) there isn't that much at $7.99 for a snes game ouch,. But for $150 overall cant complain gamepad has short battery life but has really good browser and switching Netflix from the screen to gamepad is super quick and good feature when wife wants to watch something else.
Short battery life. LOL .... 4 hrs ...

Uh really should people be playing this long anyway ?
Money = evil
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1237 posts
415 upvotes
DeViLzzz wrote: Short battery life. LOL .... 4 hrs ...

Uh really should people be playing this long anyway ?
browser and Netflix use up most of time...and playing super Mario world in my bed lol
Jan 23, 2009
53 posts
3 upvotes
yeah this system isnt probably worth picking up until theres a mario / zelda title imminently releasing :P smash bros doenst cut itttt!
May 19, 2013
409 posts
4549 upvotes
Vaughan
harrylakers242424 wrote: Has anyone tried pming at ncix? I think it might work.
1) This deal has been over for awhile.
2) NCIX PMs are terrible so I doubt it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)