Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

T-fal Easy Fry XL Air Fryer EY201850 4.2L capacity $68.88 + tax

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2019 12:13 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1298 posts
1770 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, I think this is good for cooking bacon and a whole chicken - my current actifry can't do those since the paddle is in the way.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2008
1132 posts
381 upvotes
EmmEmm wrote: probably a price mistake as I have never seen a 4.2L capacity at this price..
Saw it at the same price from CT last week, but check the review, look like you get what you are paying for ...
Jan 2, 2014
929 posts
679 upvotes
y2k-inc wrote: Saw it at the same price from CT last week, but check the review, look like you get what you are paying for ...
This.

My girlfriend and I were debating getting ourselves one out of excitement of the price, I settled her down to do a bit of research first because it's basically a cheaper model without ceramic etc and we decided against it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
If you have an oven with a convection setting, then you can do it over there.
tonershop wrote: Thanks, I think this is good for cooking bacon and a whole chicken - my current actifry can't do those since the paddle is in the way.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
I bought the 5.3 qt air fryer from Costco a couple months back, it's awesome. We use it daily and saves a lot of time. Thinking I'll buy this one from Walmart too and see how it compares as it's half the price of the one from Costco.

Thanks OP
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Aug 16, 2013
624 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered. $66.53 All in with the coupon code in Ontario. Let's see what's this all hype about Air Fryer is. Already have a big toaster oven.
Nov 7, 2018
185 posts
162 upvotes
Bought one last night but I've decided to go for the stainless steel version from Bestbuy for $98 instead. Matches my kitchen better. Cancelling the Walmart order.
Jan 21, 2017
569 posts
427 upvotes
First off, the Prestige one from Canadian Tire does not have a stainless steel basket. I think most are made with a Teflon coating. The coating does come off over time because even with the non-stick coating, food does stick to the basket at times, even if you rub some cooking oil before every use.

I have both, a convection toaster oven and an air fryer. The oven only gets used for frozen pizzas, every thing else goes in the air fryer. Nothing takes more then 20 mins to cook in the air fryer.

It doesn't have the fried food taste. It's really just a more efficient convection oven. If you do want the deep fryer taste, you can put canola oil in a zip lock bag and your fries or whatever else and give it a good shake before placing the food in the air fryer.

I don't know anything about this particular air fryer but it does look small. Even my XL sized fryer is only good for 2 servings. Has for the loudness in one of the reviews, it's definitely not loud enough to drown a conversation. I can barely hear it from the livingroom when it's on.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1298 posts
1770 upvotes
Toronto
lcmt wrote: If you have an oven with a convection setting, then you can do it over there.
That's true, but this seem like less mess. I am a big fan of the actifry, so I am hoping this is another good product. I am having doubts though, but it's only $69 risk.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2317 posts
1091 upvotes
Bought this for parents (christmas), she wanted one but I am not sure how well work this model will work for fried chicken wings, fries, shrimp etc. I nvr even knew these things existed until she she showed some ad online. How easy are they to cook, what timer settings, how fast and ease of cleanup? This thing looks cheap, all plasticky, really wonder if it can fry good food without turning itself into a fire ball?

All those nice pics they showed with device like the fried chicken looking all crispy, I am thinking they used a oil pot to fry the suckers, I really can't see how just hot air can turn into classic fried chicken with no or little oil. These devices look more like they steam food than fry it.

First time using Walmart online, what is their return policy if this is a dud?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2157 posts
3003 upvotes
leungsta wrote: Did some digging to see if I actually need one of these..

https://www.wired.com/story/air-fryers/amp
Very interesting article. I have long pondered the point of air fryer when I already have a convection oven and can't help but wonder how they are not exactly the same thing. Turns out they pretty much are!
Jun 10, 2016
641 posts
585 upvotes
Whitby
astrotrain wrote: Bought this for parents (christmas), she wanted one but I am not sure how well work this model will work for fried chicken wings, fries, shrimp etc. I nvr even knew these things existed until she she showed some ad online. How easy are they to cook, what timer settings, how fast and ease of cleanup? This thing looks cheap, all plasticky, really wonder if it can fry good food without turning itself into a fire ball?

All those nice pics they showed with device like the fried chicken looking all crispy, I am thinking they used a oil pot to fry the suckers, I really can't see how just hot air can turn into classic fried chicken with no or little oil. These devices look more like they steam food than fry it.

First time using Walmart online, what is their return policy if this is a dud?
you have 90 days to return to a store or send it back via post. and there is a 1 year from Tfal as well.

i think the basic concept is same for all Air fryers, circulating hot air and cooking the food via convection. I have seen my friends cooking the fries and wings by brushing very little oil on them. some cook it with no oil at all. I have tasted both but other than the flavor of the oil, I couldn't feel any difference in the texture of the food.

some will put the oil-fried fries say from McDonald's in the air fryer and you can see all the oil drains out in the tray and the fries are crisp again.. just sharing my encounters so far !!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
3072 posts
4255 upvotes
Winnipeg
Quoted from the article:
Regular frying vs airfrying: The rare dose of perfection is far better than the consistent drip of mediocrity! Lol
I'm not cheap, I'm frugal!!!
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
y2k-inc wrote: Saw it at the same price from CT last week, but check the review, look like you get what you are paying for ...
Which review is that ? actually most reviews are positive (as long as you know what you are getting into) .. The SS version (exactly same unit aside from SS "external" housing) selling at $180 at Amazon and $200 at CT just few weeks ago. It's a solid deal given all these air fryers are just convection ovens on steroids ;)
Oct 31, 2011
70 posts
128 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Hi, I apologies for not knowing how to send a private message. Is anyone able to share the Walmart.ca coupon code referenced? I’d like to use it and try my luck with this air fryer. Thanks in advance.
Mar 6, 2017
298 posts
231 upvotes
I'm new to air frying. After seeing this deal, I've lookup air frying and noticed several similar machines. I'm just wondering what is the difference between this T-fal Easy Fry from the OP and something like the T-fal Actifry Vista.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
walukupix wrote: I'm new to air frying. After seeing this deal, I've lookup air frying and noticed several similar machines. I'm just wondering what is the difference between this T-fal Easy Fry from the OP and something like the T-fal Actifry Vista.
The mixing paddle means you wouldn't need to turn stuff around for even cooking, that said, you can't paddle through everything ;)