Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Walmart - Telescope (525x) Orbitor Land&Sky Telescope Combo $30.00!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2005 4:17 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 8, 2001
588 posts
53 upvotes

[Walmart] Walmart - Telescope (525x) Orbitor Land&Sky Telescope Combo $30.00!

Got this today on a huge sale (regular $99.97) - $30.00. It may be cheap, but hey - my son will gladly use it for $30.00!

Model #OR6030 - Two telescopes (the big one can go to 525x and the small travel one can do 30x).

Beware though, the first Walmart I went to was $30.00, the second was on sale for $80.00 - so may not be $30.00 everywhere!
23 replies
Nov 20, 2004
878 posts
26 upvotes
Richmond Hill
that thing's everywhere! ahhhh
someone gave that to me
for some reason, all my scopes are upsidedown :p
i tried flipping the lens but i dunnno
lol
not bad anyways
Banned
Mar 21, 2003
3085 posts
Here in Toronto
jusane wrote:that thing's everywhere! ahhhh
someone gave that to me
lol
not bad anyways
???

Care to elaborate.. or at least make sense?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7714 posts
244 upvotes
jusane wrote:that thing's everywhere! ahhhh
someone gave that to me
lol
not bad anyways
Translation:

This thing must be popular... I see it everywhere. Someone gave 1 to me before. For some reason everything is upside down. I try to flip the lens but it doesnt work.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Nov 6, 2003
254 posts
8 upvotes
probably means the pics are upside down. This is for viewing the stars and moon, etc. You have to get a different lens to spy on your neighbours.
Jul 11, 2003
247 posts
2 upvotes
If you see things upside down, you have a refractor. If you want to check out the hot babes next door you need a reflector. That is, you need a telescope with a mirror

Cheers
eeee
Apr 26, 2003
872 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
if anyone want to get start on astronomy, this scope is definitely not something you're looking for
the zoom rate is only a marketing thing, sure it sounds good and all, but the image you get at the lens is not worth the money you're putting in this

if you go on some astronomy sites, users actually throw these kind of scopes directly into the trash because these scopes have the potential to destroy their hobby
Feb 17, 2005
482 posts
St. Catharines
Yes, as AnimeEd said, these things are garbage. Don't waste your money. You'll just end up frustrated trying to use it.

The reason things are upside down, is because you're using a mirror diagonal. It's the eyepiece holder that has the right angle in it. Using a reflector will not fix this. In fact, it will most likely also flip the image left to right. You need to use a terrestrial telescope which has a third lens that inverts the image, or get an image erecting prism (which will likely cost more than this 'telescope').
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2002
2944 posts
69 upvotes
Markham
andicus wrote:Yes, as AnimeEd said, these things are garbage. Don't waste your money. You'll just end up frustrated trying to use it.

The reason things are upside down, is because you're using a mirror diagonal. It's the eyepiece holder that has the right angle in it. Using a reflector will not fix this. In fact, it will most likely also flip the image left to right. You need to use a terrestrial telescope which has a third lens that inverts the image, or get an image erecting prism (which will likely cost more than this 'telescope').
Have to agree with the last two posts...most scopes that advertise based on magnification aren't very good...a good scope is gonna cost at least $200 and up depending on the size of it and focal length. For $30, it would probably be better to buy binoculars instead...I ended up buying a half decent set of Bushnell binoculars from Crappy Tire for $50...work better than my friends 600x magnification scope...LOL...
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1084 posts
3 upvotes
I bought this one at Costco last year for $300 CDN .... sick telescope...

finds all the planets electronically (i.e. can give you a guided tour of the galaxy... all you have to do is point it at the North star and then choose where you want it to go from there on the controller)

http://www.celestron.com/prod_pgs/tel/nx114slt.htm
Create your own custom Avatar @ AbiStation
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1344 posts
92 upvotes
My first scope was a cheap 60mm refractor and it included an erector eyepiece. For $30 it's ok for terrestial viewing or looking at the moon.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1456 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
If you are a newbie and not sure what to buy, have a look at of 1st chapter of this book. To keep up with the RFD tradition: try search your local library
You may be stressed, but so am I, this is not settled. What? Ultra ********? Violently funny?
Resistence is futile, you get what you paid for, discover the exceptions, enjoy life
[OP]
Dec 8, 2001
588 posts
53 upvotes
albertanewbie wrote:It may be cheap, but hey - my son will gladly use it for $30.00!

That is why I made this comment when I posted it.
× < >