• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 3:05 pm
[OP]
May 21, 2015
590 posts
270 upvotes
Sarnia, ON

Walmart for tires of course

They were never on my radar as the place to go for anything auto repair related and maybe not on yours either.. However I was needing new tires on my 015 Forester to replace the original Yokohama's and so I checked into Consumer Reports ratings where their recommendation was the all-season General Altimax RT43 . Armed with that tidbit of info I visited a couple of local tire shops and Canadian Tire asking for their respective on the road prices. All 3 came back at roughly $800. It was purely out of interest that I thought to ask at Walmart and was very surprised when the guy quoted me $575 so of course I bit and had them ordered and installed a few days ago. So far so good.. What I noticed pretty much right away as I got on the 402 was how much quieter they are than the stock Yokohama's. But no, I still won't be taking a car to Walmart or Cantire for that matter, for repairs, but if you are looking at tires seems they can be a good deal.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
1190 posts
1040 upvotes
GTA
The Altimax RT43 seems like a great tire, really well reviewed. I was closely considering a set for my car, but just couldn't find any locally. Didn't think to check Walmart. Glad to hear you got a good deal on them.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4826 posts
1225 upvotes
Alberta
Most of the Walmarts around me, the auto dept. is now run by Mr. Lube. Got tires balanced there, no problems.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2437 posts
800 upvotes
GTA
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 9:24 pm
Most of the Walmarts around me, the auto dept. is now run by Mr. Lube. Got tires balanced there, no problems.
Do you happen to remember what they charge for tire installs?