Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Walmart US] AT&T 25gb + unlimited talk/text on prepaid for $40 USD - Canadian Usage

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2019 1:48 pm
Nov 2, 2018
132 posts
140 upvotes
Has anyone been able to get VoLTE to work?

I have WiFi calling working on my pixel 3 but when WiFi disconnects the call doesn't handoff to the mobile network and just drops.

Anyon else got it working?
Jun 17, 2019
11 posts
3 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Now into month 3, still no data consumption being recorded on our three lines. I use data in Canada ROGERS and USA AT&T... curious. Grinning Face
Nov 2, 2018
132 posts
140 upvotes
NiagaraRapsFan wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:14 pm
Now into month 3, still no data consumption being recorded on our three lines. I use data in Canada ROGERS and USA AT&T... curious. Grinning Face
WHAT!?

mine updates within minutes literally.
Sep 21, 2012
37 posts
8 upvotes
NANAIMO
percy wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 4:26 pm
I have a group with spots open. Link to details in my signature.
PM'd you - I don't see signatures on here for some reason?
Aug 7, 2015
109 posts
27 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Just received my bonus data this morning, took 7 days, left the sim in the cheap flip phone the whole time. Time to find a dual sim phone!
Nov 14, 2004
179 posts
74 upvotes
Kelowna
dc2000 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 3:46 am
PM'd you - I don't see signatures on here for some reason?
Sorry, here's a direct link.
t-prepaid-multi-line-group-discount-now-active-2295637/

TL;DR - One-month deposit required, then monthly pay-as-you-go. Monthly rate will range between $32.40 - $47.25 per month (dependent on # of members in group).
Apr 17, 2014
875 posts
323 upvotes
Corunna, ON
It's official, now into my third month of service and all my extra bonus data they messed with is gone. I'm now back to my standard 17 gig bonus with 8 plus 8 gig rollover.

This 33 gigs really sucks compared to 48.

LOL.
Nov 2, 2018
132 posts
140 upvotes
proplayer44 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 2:43 pm
It's official, now into my third month of service and all my extra bonus data they messed with is gone. I'm now back to my standard 17 gig bonus with 8 plus 8 gig rollover.

This 33 gigs really sucks compared to 48.

LOL.
How do you use so much! You must stream a lot?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6014 posts
220 upvotes
Scarborough
I was in NYC this pass week and everything was great. Using the phone for GPS, keeping in contact with our group and messaging friends while there.

It was great not having to worry about looking for wifi to use my phone.
Apr 22, 2015
213 posts
64 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
lithiumli wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 3:50 pm
I was in NYC this pass week and everything was great. Using the phone for GPS, keeping in contact with our group and messaging friends while there.

It was great not having to worry about looking for wifi to use my phone.
This is so true. Our family travels a lot and now all of them use my phone as a hotspot without me worrying about how much data has been consumed
Nov 2, 2018
132 posts
140 upvotes
ayosnato wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 6:35 pm
This is so true. Our family travels a lot and now all of them use my phone as a hotspot without me worrying about how much data has been consumed
Especially if you have more than one line... Only thing that makes me nervous is Rogers spotty rural coverage. Especially in the West. BC roadtrips will be a lot of long silences. That's why I didn't move my other family members and kept them on the $40 8GB Koodo plan.

Where Rogers goes down. Telus picks up. And with WiFi calling you can stay connected everywhere.
Apr 22, 2015
213 posts
64 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
techackz wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 8:43 pm
Especially if you have more than one line... Only thing that makes me nervous is Rogers spotty rural coverage. Especially in the West. BC roadtrips will be a lot of long silences. That's why I didn't move my other family members and kept them on the $40 8GB Koodo plan.

Where Rogers goes down. Telus picks up. And with WiFi calling you can stay connected everywhere.
That is where my Fido 3GB ($0 with unlimited usage until Mar2020) comes in. I also find Rogers coverage spotty in some areas but with Fido and its extended coverage, I always am connected and the family is happy. Although I do not understand why Fido and Rogers (sister companies) are so different in area coverage.
Nov 2, 2018
132 posts
140 upvotes
ayosnato wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 9:01 pm
That is where my Fido 3GB ($0 with unlimited usage until Mar2020) comes in. I also find Rogers coverage spotty in some areas but with Fido and its extended coverage, I always am connected and the family is happy. Although I do not understand why Fido and Rogers (sister companies) are so different in area coverage.

Rogers/Fido have the exact same coverage. At least the map seems to show.

They're both pretty spotty especially if you live and travel in a AB/SK or even BC. In SK, extended coverage is limited to 3G.
Jun 2, 2010
333 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
ayosnato wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 9:01 pm
But that’s not a fair comparison! The extended coverage with Fido/Rogers is actually the Bell and TELUS network. Rogers and Fido are the same — both access the Bell & TELUS network.

But AT&T Prepaid does NOT have extended coverage. You only access the Rogers/Fido network.
techackz wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 9:08 pm

Rogers/Fido have the exact same coverage. At least the map seems to show.
Correct. Fido is simply “Rogers 2”.
TELUS: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 15+10 GB Data
Koodo: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 8+9 GB Data