Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Walmart US] AT&T 25gb + unlimited talk/text on prepaid for $40 USD - Canadian Usage

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2019 5:16 am
May 19, 2008
379 posts
67 upvotes
superdeal007 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 9:28 pm
Thanks so my postal code is m1t3v3. so 13300?
Yes. This can be used at gas stations too in the US
Sep 21, 2012
37 posts
9 upvotes
NANAIMO
Found a few of these on eBay..

About to purchase, my understanding is that it has to say "Only at Walmart" on the front right of the box to be eligible.

Now some of the ones I found on ebay have this on the inner flap..

Can anyone confirm if this has to be a phone purchased since June? what if it's older? I don't know which one to get from eBay as I can't get to the states.

the front:

can anyone shed some light on this? pls?
Jun 19, 2019
562 posts
341 upvotes
"Centre of the …
dc2000 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 2:57 am
Found a few of these on eBay..

can anyone shed some light on this? pls?
Cross reference current Walmart.com ATT prepaid phones here.

https://www.walmart.com/browse/01-att-a ... id:8106188

Inside Flap of my box. ....v
Images
  • IMG_20190718_033030.jpg
Last edited by HalfTrack on Jul 18th, 2019 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
(*) (*)
tekraM oT tneW eiggiP elttiL sihT
pnɹıub ʇıɯəs oɟ nuıʌəɹsɐl pəɔəıʇ' ʇəllıub ʇɥə ʇɹnʇɥ qəɔoɯəs ɐ ɹəʌolnʇıouɐɹʎ ɐɔʇ
13 Horror Films $20 or Free if you Don't Fall Asleep or Die of Fright! Sat Oct 26.TO.
Jun 19, 2019
562 posts
341 upvotes
"Centre of the …
JINWON wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 8:06 pm
Yes. For your billing zip code, use the numbers from your postal code and add two 0s at the end
Generally this works but sometimes you'll generate a postal code from different countries than Canada or USA.
(*) (*)
tekraM oT tneW eiggiP elttiL sihT
pnɹıub ʇıɯəs oɟ nuıʌəɹsɐl pəɔəıʇ' ʇəllıub ʇɥə ʇɹnʇɥ qəɔoɯəs ɐ ɹəʌolnʇıouɐɹʎ ɐɔʇ
13 Horror Films $20 or Free if you Don't Fall Asleep or Die of Fright! Sat Oct 26.TO.
Dec 15, 2009
360 posts
39 upvotes
GTA
If i want get on this plan, i will need to buy the att prepaid phone from US Walmart and att prepaid sim card than use my canadian credit card pay the first month to do activation ? or i have to buy the $50 prepaid card from Walmart to do activation? thx
Jun 7, 2009
445 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
Update:
I've had two people reach out to me and offer to put credits back on my account after my disastrous experience AT&T Prepaid Support.

The Social Media Manager that I've been working with for the longest time
As well as a person from the AT&T Office of the President

Once I get the port done.....(annoying landline port), I'll have to contact them for a balance credit to my account.
May 19, 2008
379 posts
67 upvotes
superdeal007 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 9:45 am
If i want get on this plan, i will need to buy the att prepaid phone from US Walmart and att prepaid sim card than use my canadian credit card pay the first month to do activation ? or i have to buy the $50 prepaid card from Walmart to do activation? thx
The sim card is already preinstalled in the phone. you can use a cdn cc. When you activate you can immediately opt for autopay so it is only $40. Btw, I have an extra phone to sell. I don't need after all.
Nov 24, 2018
25 posts
17 upvotes
Nam5588 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 2:22 pm
Hi guys, has anybody noticed that their AT&T SIM card is taking quite a while to get recognized when in Canada? I apologize if this was brought up already.

I am using a dual-sim phone, with AT&T as the preferred SIM for calls, text, and data, and Speakout Wireless as the other SIM. When I reboot the phone, or turn the airplane mode off, Speakout SIM comes up within two seconds, while AT&T Sim takes its time to be recognized on the network, probably longer than a minute.

Could I do anything in the settings to speed up AT&T SIM card getting on the network? I have the ATT Phone and ATT Nextgenphone APNs (were created automatically). "Choose the network operator/ carrier" option is disabled/ grayed out for AT&T sim.

Thanks!
I think this might just be a roaming thing, I traveled back and forth a lot earlier this year and noticed my AT&T phone was always slow to connect in Canada while my Bell phone was slow to connect in the US.
Nov 24, 2018
25 posts
17 upvotes
The screwed up bonus data thing seems to be AT&T-wide and not just for this deal or Canada. I'm on the 8GB+8GB deal (got it before the 25GB deal came out) and noticed it's also showing me no data consumption, when I've obviously been using it.
May 19, 2008
379 posts
67 upvotes
ATT really dropped the ball on this. What a nightmare. who is in charge of their system? Didn't test it out enough and now a big cleanup to do. Even though it is painful it is still worth it as long as I don't have to call Customer Service again and feel that Rogers is better in that department.
Jun 17, 2019
11 posts
3 upvotes
Niagara Falls
beezus888 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 3:07 pm
ATT really dropped the ball on this. What a nightmare. who is in charge of their system? Didn't test it out enough and now a big cleanup to do. Even though it is painful it is still worth it as long as I don't have to call Customer Service again and feel that Rogers is better in that department.
If your experience has gone off without a hitch (as our family’s has) it’s a dream come true! Three lines of unlimited talk, text, and basically unlimited data in all three North American countries for $100 USD a month? We would be paying a gazillion CAD for anything close to this level of feature set in Canada (not to mention that no current plan in Canada can compare).

Being from a border town, this was an amazing find! Much obliged, OP. Grinning Face
May 19, 2008
379 posts
67 upvotes
NiagaraRapsFan wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 4:26 pm
If your experience has gone off without a hitch (as our family’s has) it’s a dream come true! Three lines of unlimited talk, text, and basically unlimited data in all three North American countries for $100 USD a month? We would be paying a gazillion CAD for anything close to this level of feature set in Canada (not to mention that no current plan in Canada can compare).

Being from a border town, this was an amazing find! Much obliged, OP. Grinning Face
Yes you are one of the lucky ones. No cdn company can match this deal and the fact it is prepaid is icing on the cake. Hopefully my bf takes me to Mexico soon so I can try out the phone there without any overages!
Jun 17, 2019
11 posts
3 upvotes
Niagara Falls
beezus888 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 4:38 pm
Yes you are one of the lucky ones. No cdn company can match this deal and the fact it is prepaid is icing on the cake. Hopefully my bf takes me to Mexico soon so I can try out the phone there without any overages!
Yes, we recently went to Cedar Point in Ohio and it was nice to not give AF about roaming anymore.
Jan 7, 2014
7 posts
Vaughan
How did you use your Canadian cc. Do you use your home address with a zip code from the 3 numbers oranfd 00!or do you use a made up address that is in that zip code. I also saw the option for different countries
May 19, 2008
379 posts
67 upvotes
Davec28611 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 5:16 pm
How did you use your Canadian cc. Do you use your home address with a zip code from the 3 numbers oranfd 00!or do you use a made up address that is in that zip code. I also saw the option for different countries
I used my cdn Addy with the zip code derived from the 3 numbers in my postal code plus 2 zeros.