Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart US / AT&T

Locked: $40 AT&T 25GB Plan is BACK [Canada / US / Mexico Usage]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2021 3:44 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
Does anyone still need a group?

I'm willing to be admin if necessary.

Yes I'm the OP and I didn't even bother with this deal until now lol
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
3173 posts
1475 upvotes
vancityguy0 wrote: I really want what you're saying to be true, but...

No matter how much you and I feel the international boundaries between Canada and the US have blurred, you're still calling another country.

I don't think either country assumes continent-wide calling as a given. International calling still considered a bonus feature, even in the US, which is why it is advertised with the plan.
I agree that calling across the border is a premium, but North America is slightly different from the rest of the world since we can't automatically tell from the area code which country we are dialling. At the very least there should be a recording telling you you are dialling outside Canada. And I don't believe that's the case. There is just one universal message for all of long distance at least that's how it is under Koodo.
Apr 22, 2015
280 posts
94 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Not that my opinion counts for anything but if you have the same country code (+1 for US and Canada) then it should not be considered international or long distance
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
3173 posts
1475 upvotes
ayosnato wrote: Not that my opinion counts for anything but if you have the same country code (+1 for US and Canada) then it should not be considered international or long distance
In Europe they don't have long distance but they pay various minute rates if you go above your minutes to call to different carriers. But yes calling a number within US or Canada should be same price because there is no way for me to know what country I'm calling just from the area code unless I look it up first. It's best to use Hangouts for all calls. I am glad I don't have to deal with this anymore since I'm on the Fido tablet plan.
Nov 2, 2018
580 posts
871 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote: Does anyone still need a group?

I'm willing to be admin if necessary.

Yes I'm the OP and I didn't even bother with this deal until now lol
OP should change his user name to SavageSingh.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1354 posts
566 upvotes
Doing a final round up for anyone that wants a phone to ship to you on Sept 27th. I'll be south of the border next week, back on Thursday to ship on Friday (Sept 27th).

Pre-payment is required. Pricing details are here: walmart-us-t-25gb-unlimited-talk-text-p ... #p31406863
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.
Jan 4, 2007
355 posts
152 upvotes
What address are people using? Made up US one or their Canadian one?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Can I join a group? please msg me with instructions Smiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Open Mouth

I'm in Toronto
Last edited by fightbriz on Sep 18th, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 27, 2008
162 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
+1
Jan 5, 2015
7 posts
1 upvote
Oakville, ON
There are a few spots left in my group. Sending PM to you both today (fightbriz and UrbanBoy).
May 19, 2008
777 posts
365 upvotes
I have an extra Tetra phone with Walmart sim, opened and without the box. Never used. I did take pics of the info on the box. I don't need it now that the phone it was replacing mysteriously works again. Willing to sell for $80. Local deal preferred. I live north of the gta.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1359 posts
717 upvotes
Vancouver
techackz wrote: There are reports of people losing their promo on their 3rd renewal on Slickdeals. Anyone else facing any issues with lost promos?
Renewed for 3rd time and bonus data promo was applied.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1255 posts
1448 upvotes
49.2827°N 123.1207°W
brucele wrote: Renewed for 3rd time and bonus data promo was applied.
your group admin must be doing a good job managing the account ;)
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1041 posts
1292 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
yau1225 wrote: your group admin must be doing a good job managing the account ;)
What'$ the reclaimation directives in event of admin failure/retirement?
U still have to pay for goods/services U agreed to — even if U did so only unconsciously.
A Visa Canada survey of web shoppers, 1 in 4 said they read all the online text. 50% skimmed it & 27% Read Nothing at all before accepting a tainted offer.
Banned
Sep 15, 2019
95 posts
11 upvotes
I need a group, if you have an open spot, please PM me, reply here or both. Thanks

Thumbs Up Sign
Feb 19, 2011
324 posts
101 upvotes
Oshawa
Has anyone noticed an increase in battery drain since switching to the AT&T service full time?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2225 posts
765 upvotes
Halton
Isildur101 wrote: Has anyone noticed an increase in battery drain since switching to the AT&T service full time?
Yes. Most likely due to roaming. And possibly because of weak Rogers signal (where I am), which may cause the phone to keep searching for better signal?
Jan 5, 2015
7 posts
1 upvote
Oakville, ON
MoMoneyNow wrote: I need a group, if you have an open spot, please PM me, reply here or both. Thanks

Thumbs Up Sign
Replied to your PM
Feb 19, 2011
324 posts
101 upvotes
Oshawa
neptune wrote: Yes. Most likely due to roaming. And possibly because of weak Rogers signal (where I am), which may cause the phone to keep searching for better signal?
I have noticed when I go into my basement, that the Rogers service takes forever to switch from band 2 to band 12 ..... it sits with one bar of LTE service forever before switching. My Koodo service would switch very quickly to an alternate band whenever I went downstairs. I'm going to try a factory reset soon in any case, as I didn't do that when switching sim cards before.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Damn this is so tempting.

So people have been mostly using openphone.co for their local number/texting? Any issues?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)