Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2051 posts
271 upvotes
York
inferno wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 3:59 pm
I can't believe I'm saying this...but WM wins E3...big fail on BB/Amazon's part
WM has won the E3 sales 2 years running now. Hands down...
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Dec 29, 2010
77 posts
7 upvotes
Walmart is the best and they have the best track record of day 1 deliveries.
Dec 19, 2006
350 posts
232 upvotes
Burnaby
Moses23 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 4:04 pm
Walmart is the best and they have the best track record of day 1 deliveries.
Why does nobody understand how mail works? Walmart only has "day 1 delivery" if you live near their warehouse in Toronto. If you live in Vancouver, you're going to be waiting a week. On the flipside, if you buy from Best Buy and live in Vancouver they have a warehouse in Richmond, so you'll always get "day 1 delivery."

Any time anyone cites a business as having fast delivery or slow delivery, it demonstrates just how bought in people are to corporate marketing. Unless you're a private courier like Amazon, it's up to Canada Post (or UPS or whomever) and is 100% not to said company's fault or credit.
Aug 1, 2010
704 posts
403 upvotes
Thello wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 4:25 pm
Why does nobody understand how mail works? Walmart only has "day 1 delivery" if you live near their warehouse in Toronto. If you live in Vancouver, you're going to be waiting a week. On the flipside, if you buy from Best Buy and live in Vancouver they have a warehouse in Richmond, so you'll always get "day 1 delivery."

Any time anyone cites a business as having fast delivery or slow delivery, it demonstrates just how bought in people are to corporate marketing. Unless you're a private courier like Amazon, it's up to Canada Post (or UPS or whomever) and is 100% not to said company's fault or credit.
100% True. Vancouver here - Get Day 1 deliveries from Amazon, 1-2 days from BB and up to a week from Walmart.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6441 posts
2280 upvotes
Canada
Thello wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 4:25 pm
Oh the media doesn't help either ... a CanadaPost or Purlator delivery driver took a leak on someone's shrubs last week and Amazon got blamed.
Dec 19, 2006
350 posts
232 upvotes
Burnaby
raspeed wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 5:00 pm
Oh the media doesn't help either ... a CanadaPost or Purlator delivery driver took a leak on someone's shrubs last week and Amazon got blamed.
Technically that was an independent contractor hired by Amazon. But little did you know Amazon employed that man solely for his bush-pissing prowess.
Nov 5, 2004
625 posts
51 upvotes
Laval
Any chance that games that are OOS will come back in stock?
Apr 24, 2014
41 posts
13 upvotes
Sydney
Does Walmart charge at time or pre-order? Or when it ships
Aug 23, 2013
999 posts
274 upvotes
Scarborough
BryanS85 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 5:32 pm
Based of the replies I got, it's when the game ships.
May 10, 2010
212 posts
358 upvotes
London
BryanS85 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 5:32 pm
When it ships. I've placed two pre-orders and no charges have been made to my credit card.
Feb 4, 2009
51 posts
12 upvotes
sunshine1206 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 5:24 pm
Any chance that games that are OOS will come back in stock?
There's always a chance, but I wouldn't count on it.
Sep 9, 2015
12 posts
3 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
I pre-ordered Fifa 20 this morning and received that '3-day cancellation' email.
After that email, I received this email from Walmart.

"To our valued customer,

You may have received an email stating that your pre-order item will be cancelled if not shipped within 3 days.

The email you received was sent in error and your pre-order item is not in backorder status and is not at risk of being cancelled. Rest assured, we have reserved this product for you and it will ship out on time, as scheduled.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding!

Sincerely,
Your friends at Walmart.ca "

I guess it is all good...?