• Jun 25th, 2019 1:00 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2251 posts
490 upvotes
Belle River
Thello wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 4:25 pm
Why does nobody understand how mail works? Walmart only has "day 1 delivery" if you live near their warehouse in Toronto. If you live in Vancouver, you're going to be waiting a week. On the flipside, if you buy from Best Buy and live in Vancouver they have a warehouse in Richmond, so you'll always get "day 1 delivery."

Any time anyone cites a business as having fast delivery or slow delivery, it demonstrates just how bought in people are to corporate marketing. Unless you're a private courier like Amazon, it's up to Canada Post (or UPS or whomever) and is 100% not to said company's fault or credit.
I think most RFD'ers know the difference between the delivery time and when the item ships and are rightfully blaming the store. I think the case your describing is not common on RFD, we're experienced complainers around here.
Aug 1, 2010
704 posts
403 upvotes
hystavito wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 7:41 pm
I think most RFD'ers know the difference between the delivery time and when the item ships and are rightfully blaming the store. I think the case your describing is not common on RFD, we're experienced complainers around here.
Not exactly - every thread you see people bashing Walmart/BB/Amazon etc. and praising the other. When in reality, the deciding factor on the delivery date is where you're located in Canada.
Dec 19, 2006
350 posts
232 upvotes
Burnaby
hystavito wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 7:41 pm
I think most RFD'ers know the difference between the delivery time and when the item ships and are rightfully blaming the store.
You just proved my point. Unless they own a private courier, the store isn't to blame (or praise), it's Canada Post / UPS / another carrier. As colavs19 reiterated, with rare exceptions, delivery is influenced solely by your distance from the shipment's origin. "Free shipping" is standard regular parcel mail no matter who you're buying from; you can look up shipping times on Canada Post's website and they'll also tell you it's based on distance. Assuming they ship on release day, the corporation has nothing to do with when your parcel arrives.
Jun 16, 2009
942 posts
828 upvotes
Thello wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 8:19 pm
You just proved my point. Unless they own a private courier, the store isn't to blame (or praise), it's Canada Post / UPS / another carrier. As colavs19 reiterated, with rare exceptions, delivery is influenced solely by your distance from the shipment's origin. "Free shipping" is standard regular parcel mail no matter who you're buying from; you can look up shipping times on Canada Post's website and they'll also tell you it's based on distance. Assuming they ship on release day, the corporation has nothing to do with when your parcel arrives.
Umm, actually...
Our friend works at corporate in Mississauga, and Walmart does have to blame with shipping. For example I recently had to find a filler product (shampoo) for an online order, and the generic shampoo that was available in store took a whole week longer to arrive than the other, more specialized items did. It is Walmart that chooses the most cut-rate shipping company, and they were getting a lot of complaints because of this. Our friend shared this with us as we asked why some things from Walmart took so damned long to ship.

Straight from the horse's mouth.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Sep 12, 2016
63 posts
118 upvotes
Is it possible to preorder the games in-store honouring the online prices?

I have had awful luck with years-out preorders with Walmart.ca due to their awful payment method change policy, super antiquated. Last year I had my wallet stolen and the Walmart.ca online support were 100% useless.
Dec 2, 2007
953 posts
60 upvotes
Saskatchewan
this has probably been asked as well, but are there any digital pre-order sales on the microsoft store or anywhere? or only physical copies during e3?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2251 posts
490 upvotes
Belle River
Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition Xbox One in stock again
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/cyberpunk- ... 0200127538

Thello wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 8:19 pm
Sorry I didn't word it well, I'm talking about when it leaves, when the store says OK it's been shipped. I think that most of these types of complaints on RFD are people who understand that difference.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
1872 posts
378 upvotes
Montreal
PS4 Collector is also back in stock
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1338 posts
1769 upvotes
Ottawa
hystavito wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 11:48 pm
Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition Xbox One in stock again
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/cyberpunk- ... 0200127538

Sorry I didn't word it well, I'm talking about when it leaves, when the store says OK it's been shipped. I think that most of these types of complaints on RFD are people who understand that difference.
Yragorn wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:03 am
PS4 Collector is also back in stock
I think it's bugged, StockTrack says:
Online stock: 2147483647 (AcceptingPreorder)
Feb 7, 2007
4 posts
1 upvote
Surrey
marvel alliance just came back on

links awakening was also there
Nov 19, 2014
73 posts
205 upvotes
Central AB
Anyone able to complete the pre-order for Pokemon Sword? I'm getting out of stock error during checkout :/
Eramo88 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:44 am
Pokemon Sword and Shield also seem back in stock
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/pokemon-sw ... 0199680035
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/pokemon-sh ... 0199679985
Kouyo wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 1:07 am
Is the cheapest going price for three houses $64.xx?
Yes, cheapest. At the moment amazon has price matched walmart.
Jul 19, 2013
23 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
Tried to pre-order Pokémon Sword/Shield and Links Awakening and it states the item is out of stock even though it lets you add it to the cart