Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Various Wal-Mart Released & Pre-Order Game Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2019 1:00 pm
Nov 19, 2014
73 posts
205 upvotes
Central AB
I settled with a Pokemon Shield pre-order for now.. [edit: Got Sword pre-ordered through amazon]
CaneBaller wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 2:04 am
Tried to pre-order Pokémon Sword/Shield and Links Awakening and it states the item is out of stock even though it lets you add it to the cart
Last edited by makarios on Jun 13th, 2019 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3168 posts
915 upvotes
BC
Yragorn wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:03 am
PS4 Collector is also back in stock
can't actually complete the order though
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2412 posts
1189 upvotes
rick_das wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:28 am

links awakening was also there
Let's you pre order but shows OOS at checkout.
Apr 8, 2007
149 posts
18 upvotes
Canada
Got Fire Emblem, thanks! Still waiting on Link's Awakening stock. Got to checkout and said it was OOS.

Has anyone seen any deals on The Witcher for Switch?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1790 posts
644 upvotes
Quebec
64$ for Link's awakening is overpriced, they graphics are meh, and it's the same game

Shoulve been 50$ max
May 25, 2009
406 posts
256 upvotes
Langley, BC
Thello wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 4:25 pm
Why does nobody understand how mail works? Walmart only has "day 1 delivery" if you live near their warehouse in Toronto. If you live in Vancouver, you're going to be waiting a week. On the flipside, if you buy from Best Buy and live in Vancouver they have a warehouse in Richmond, so you'll always get "day 1 delivery."

Any time anyone cites a business as having fast delivery or slow delivery, it demonstrates just how bought in people are to corporate marketing. Unless you're a private courier like Amazon, it's up to Canada Post (or UPS or whomever) and is 100% not to said company's fault or credit.
Not true, it also depends how quickly the store warehouse gets the products from the publisher too. That was a supply trouble with rockstar and amazon that's why many people who preordered RDR2 from amazon got delayed pretty bad, while best buy had no problem. Even from where I live, all 3 stores use Canada Post. Even though I always gets it next day whenever I received a shipping notice email, best buy 100% always ship on the day before launch with Canada Post Expedited while amazon use regular shipping either on the day before launch to 2 or 3 days after launch or worst case scenario 3 weeks later.
Thello wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 8:19 pm
You just proved my point. Unless they own a private courier, the store isn't to blame (or praise), it's Canada Post / UPS / another carrier. As colavs19 reiterated, with rare exceptions, delivery is influenced solely by your distance from the shipment's origin. "Free shipping" is standard regular parcel mail no matter who you're buying from; you can look up shipping times on Canada Post's website and they'll also tell you it's based on distance. Assuming they ship on release day, the corporation has nothing to do with when your parcel arrives.
If the corporate store warehouse couldn't get the games before launch date, then it is the corporation's fault. Hence the RDR2 fiasco.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2412 posts
1189 upvotes
Amazon has Link's Awakening up now @ $79.99. Don't they have some kind of price guarantee, where they should match Walmart at $64.99?
Apr 8, 2007
149 posts
18 upvotes
Canada
Third Eye wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 8:12 am
Amazon has Link's Awakening up now @ $79.99. Don't they have some kind of price guarantee, where they should match Walmart at $64.99?
I believe it only matches if the competitor is in stock.
Aug 2, 2017
6 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
Does Bestbuy price match on preorders?
Nov 18, 2015
702 posts
249 upvotes
Kanata, ON
yomayo wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 8:32 am
Does Bestbuy price match on preorders?
I tried to them to match the pre-order price for the Sega mini console from Walmart a CSR said they do not price match pre-orders.
Aug 2, 2017
6 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
Damn that sucks, I hope Walmart restocks...
Jun 12, 2019
1 posts
If my pre-order for Astral Chain went through on Wal-mart but then got cancelled within 4 hours, should I bother re-ordering? Anybody know if Amazon has price matched Wal-marts pre-sale for Astral Chain yet?