Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Wal-Mart - DSLR camera/lens clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2017 6:06 pm
Jul 11, 2005
37 posts
7 upvotes
JoCaron1980 wrote: Ive found the same deal at best buy last week. Its a hot ticket item! grabbed it first chance I got
can you post your best buy receipt?
Dec 18, 2009
103 posts
49 upvotes
Ottawa
AncasterRFD wrote: Tiny sensors in smartphones cannot compare to the quality of light captured by big sensors in APS-C or FF cameras. I shot this from ~25ft with a 135mm lens, the RAW image is a bit dark. Using a smartphone, you would need a telephoto attachment beyond the built-in 2x lens (if it has one) and it would still be full of noise grain with muddy colours. Phones lack dynamic range and exposure latitude that this T5 would beat, you can do wonders with good lenses. Megapixel and size of final product is only one story especially in lowlight settings.

That is an an amazing picture
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2015
1112 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto
Sinnister wrote: That is an an amazing picture
I agree. This could go on a National Geographic magazine cover
Jun 19, 2017
15 posts
8 upvotes
See 2 threads on cheap DSLR in Walmart, I post my finding in both to fellow rf-dealers. The address I visited yesterday afternoon was 1280 Fanshawe Park Rd. West in London, ON. They have these in locked shelf in front of the photo lab.
T5 IS W/75-300 $259, was $649.98
EF 75-300 III U LENS $107, was $268
image.jpeg
Sep 23, 2012
156 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
Went to my local Walmart yesterday, and unfortunately the red D3200 still scanned at $489 Disappointed But Relieved Face
wamman21 wrote: Which color of D3200 did you get? My local Walmart only have a red one with the new VR II lens, which is still scanned at $489. Did see a black display one at another Walmart priced at $239, but it comes with the old VR lens.
Apr 19, 2017
126 posts
11 upvotes
Any signs of the D3400 going on clearance? I would think if they're getting rid of cameras it would have gone with the rest.

Holding on to the other two camera but strongly prefer a Nikon as I'm already invested in that lens system.
Sep 6, 2014
28 posts
8 upvotes
Levis, QC
At my local Wallmart they had the Nikon D3200 with the 18-55 VR II but it scanned at $520 :(
Oct 30, 2014
83 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal, QC
As far as I saw in Montreal area, the deal was only on Canon and sony camera. I could manage to grab a Canon SL1 at Cote-des-Neiges last week, but it was the last one left!
May 22, 2006
103 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
NilDesperandum wrote: I wager that you will not find a comparable or better product currently on the market for $159 or less.
Why debate, when there is none to be found! If you find any in GTA or Ottawa do PM me immediately. TIA
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4899 posts
100 upvotes
Local
How did you shoot that photo? Was it with the kit lens or a wider prime lens? What settings on the camera did you use?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
john widow wrote: How did you shoot that photo? Was it with the kit lens or a wider prime lens? What settings on the camera did you use?
If you mean me, one of Canon's sharpest and fastest focusing lenses, 135L. EXIF says f/2 on a 6D, 1/160, I can't remember why I had it at ISO100 (which to me is a mistake) but the same thing can be done on a T5, with higher ISO, will easily get you a fast enough shutter speed. I wish I didn't sell that lens, I no longer have the 6D either.

Lenses make a huge difference, 100L Macro at f/5:

That said, people who buy $159 bodies probably won't buy $1K+ lenses or need them, I just happen to be a wedding photog who uses two bodies, L lenses, and edits.

The 50mm f/1.8 STM is an amazing wide aperture prime for only $150, pm at Staples, use coupon etc http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/can ... 73954.aspx
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1527 posts
878 upvotes
Markham
So which one is better?

Canon T5, ,Canon SL1 or Nikon D3200? (at the current Walmart clearance prices)
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
theastroboy wrote: So which one is better?

Canon T5, ,Canon SL1 or Nikon D3200? (at the current Walmart clearance prices)
Personally SL1 because I prefer the touchscreen, Canon lenses, like the pancake 24mm which would pair well, and Canon colour rendering. SL1 is basically a smaller T5i with a fixed touchscreen, better than T5 which is kind of comparable to a T2i, my last choice out of the 3.

You'll have to do a google versus to see if D3200 features appeal more. The Nikon does have a bit more dynamic range and higher effective ISO, while it's extra MP's are inconsequential imho.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
AncasterRFD wrote: Personally SL1 because I prefer the touchscreen, Canon lenses, like the pancake 24mm which would pair well, and Canon colour rendering. SL1 is basically a smaller T5i with a fixed touchscreen, better than T5 which is kind of comparable to a T2i, my last choice out of the 3.

You'll have to do a google versus to see if D3200 features appeal more. The Nikon does have a bit more dynamic range and higher effective ISO, while it's extra MP's are inconsequential imho.
I own both the D3200 and T2i (equivalent of T5). I prefer the Nikon for photos, although both are great cameras. Reasons: Nikon D3200 is way better at high ISO, 6400 is useable which is pretty amazing for a crop sensor camera. The T5 sensor starts to fall apart somewhere in the ISO 2000s range. D3200 has better dynamic range, and the 24 MP gives you a bit more ability for cropping. Nikon has in body lens correction (very important if you shoot jpeg), and also lets you select a minimum shutter speed - this is hugely helpful. In Auto / P / Aperture Priority mode I find the Canon often selects a shutter speed that's too slow (1/30s or less), resulting in blurry photos and the need to use manual mode more than should be necessary. Also, if you like to select the focus point (as I always do), the Nikon lets you use the directional mode buttons, which is way easier than the weird wheel system on the T5 / T2i. I haven't used the SL1 but I believe most of my comments about the T5 should apply to it, as it is really just a shrunken T4i. As for colour rendering, I shoot in RAW and fix in post, so I don't care. I do find that the Nikon is better at selecting the proper white balance, the Canon is more likely to screw it up. This is only an issue for JPEG shooting.

The D3200 is one of my favorite little cameras and its high ISO ability is in between the 5D original and 5D Mark II. Those are older full frame cameras so it's a very good result. Additonally, for a consumer level camera, the RAW buffer is HUGE, and I could get by using it for paid shooting. With the T5, the buffer is much smaller (delaying your shooting speed).

However, the T5 is still a great camera, especially at this price. Hope this info is helpful to someone.
Mar 17, 2012
155 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
saw a display at cedarbrea mall walmart, Canon T5 with 75-300mm lens, it rang up $159. guy says they don't sell display model..
Jul 22, 2003
54 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
brandon1 wrote: I was trying out my newly bought Rebel T5, and I think there's a defect with my one. Getting most of my pictures with 1/2 - 3/4 covered by black from the bottom up. So more than half my picture is a black shadow. I've looked online and it could be a shutter issue where it's not fully opening. So the logic makes sense to me. Given this, I probably won't return the camera but was wondering how Canon customer service is about bringing it in to their Mississauga servicing location and having them look at it?
hi brandon1
did you take it in to canon? were they able to fix it. was there a fee?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1314 posts
399 upvotes
Winnipeg
Picked up the nikkor 55-200mm DX VR lens for 121. Something after taxes. Amazing deal for nikkor lens for my D5100 SLR.
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
Would of loved to get a Canon Rebel T5 for Pictures/Filming using the Custom Firmware.
---
Aug 13, 2014
37 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Same issue for me. There are a couple of display models at my Walmart but the guy working in the electronics department says they don't sell the display models. I don't think they even have the boxes.

I was hoping to upgrade from the original digital rebel that I have. I have a bunch of lenses bur really want a new body.

If anyone has any luck getting the guys to sell the display cameras PM me.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1584 posts
104 upvotes
Anyone looking for the 75-300? I am looking to get rid of mine ($107 + tax) new.
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)