Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

[Walmart/Amazon USA] - Verizon Moto E4 - $39.88

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2020 11:58 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
5777 posts
5131 upvotes
Toronto

[Walmart] [Walmart/Amazon USA] - Verizon Moto E4 - $39.88

Great deal if you can either drive to the border and pickup or have an amerifriend that can either pick this up for you from Walmart Stores or purchase online at Target.com and price match it. Target.com also ships to Canada but charges extra shipping/customs

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Verizon-Moto ... 10&veh=aff

Unlock codes are available on ebay.com and are as cheap as $2. Confirmed to be working on GSM providers (you may need to update the APN settings though)

I have successfully price matched at Target.com myself.

UPDATE: Target also has this on sale now for ($39.99 - $49.99 USD depending on weekly sales): https://www.target.com/p/verizon-moto-e ... nk=sametab

UPDATE 2: Price Drop for Amazon.com to $39.88 USD!
Also available on Amazon.com for $39.88 USD + Shipping to Canada (approx $10): https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Cell-Ph ... +with+plan
Last edited by aasoror on Aug 8th, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: updated title
[AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz |RTX 3060ti FE | Samsung EVO960 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB | Phanteks P300]
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8898661390.png
Feedbacks:
RFD Ebay HoFo Heatware
Thread Summary
- aasoror: added Q&A

Q: whats so special about this phone anyway ?
A: Marketed as the XT1767PP this phone was supposed to have no GSM support and limited LTE support to be used on Verizon network. Once unpacked it turns out to be the XT1767 which can be used (once SIM unlocked) on various US/CA carriers.

Q: "Does" it hot ? 😉
A: Least Canadian price for the unlocked version is $215 @ pc-canada, carrier version is $200 @ freedom

Q: So what is needed to get it up and running with my carrier ?
A: nothing much:
- head to ebay and grab a $2 xt1767 unlock code.
- replace Verizon sim with your own prior to the first boot, turn the phone on, enter the unlock code when prompted.

Q: Ok, connected to my carrier network but getting no data, whats up with that ?
A: Make sure you have the correct APN settings.

Q: Ok, connected to my carrier network, data working fine, can't make/receive voice calls/sms, whats up with that ?
A: Check your cellular network settings, and manually select your network.

Q: Can I get rid of the annoying "this SIM is not from Verizon" popup whenever I restart the phone ?
A: Yup, connect to the phone over adb then execute the following command the reboot the phone:

Code: Select all

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.motorola.setupwizard.phoneservice
Alternatively you can go with the full debloating procedure as detailed by AnalogTrail in walmart-walmart-usa-verizon-moto-e4-39- ... #p28213186

Q: Whats the best way to get this phone into Canada ?
A: Aside from traveling to walmart/target to pick up one (most stores are OOS), phone can be shipped from amazon for $50 USD all in (Amazon Global shipping options all include pre-paid custom clearance, so you pay nothing at the door).

Q: But Amazon page title says "Boost Mobile" not "Verizon", if I order now which one would I get ?
A: Amazon confirmed repeatedly that everyone would get a "Verizon" regardless of the title (since there is only one XT1767PP model which is the VZW one). That said, if in doubt you can always confirm with amazon support over chat, in case they messed up and some how sent you a boost mobile they will take it back without an issue.

Instructions to remove bloatware @ walmart-walmart-usa-verizon-moto-e4-39- ... #p28213186
AnalogTrail wrote: After spending a day or so playing around with this Verizon MOTO E4, the heavy Verizon branding was getting on my nerves. I've created a list of commands you can paste into a batch file (or run individually) to debloat, remove the "Verizon SIM nag" and update the network mode to LTE/WCDMA/GSM Auto mode (4G/3G/2G) to reflect how our Canadian phones are configured (No CDMA). These changes are SEMI-PERMANENT, meaning that after a factory reset, the phone will revert to having the Verizon apps and settings again.

I've gone through the removed apps myself to make sure it doesn't affect anything non-Verizon related. These instructions can be found all over the web (Reddit and XDA are great sources with a hugely talented community contributing to their respective forums), but I thought it may be useful to people who haven't done anything like this before.

For people who haven't done anything like this with a phone before, you'll need to download two packages. (see post #450)

The first one is an installer for the Moto E4 Drivers located here: https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhel ... 6720,10216
The second one is a package consisting of ADB/Fastboot tools from Google (Standalone): https://developer.android.com/studio/re ... tools.html

Steps:

1) Install the driver package using the executable file
2) Extract the Platform Tools to your desktop
3) Open up "Notepad" and paste the following text:

Once the text is pasted, click on File, Save As, then (THIS IS IMPORTANT) change the Save As Type as "All Files" and then type in "debloat.bat" (without quotes) and save the file into the same folder on your desktop that contains the Platform Tools.

4) Enable developer mode and turn on USB debugging by following the guide here: YouTube - Enable ADB
5) Plug in the phone to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure you authorize the USB Debugging prompt by tapping "OK" on your phone.
6) Double click on the debloat.bat file you created earlier. Wait until you are prompted to unplug and restart the device (less than 30 seconds).

That's it. These changes are semi permanent. If the phone is FACTORY RESET, the disabled Verizon apps will show up again (along with the Verizon SIM nag).

**EDIT**
Or if you just want to download everything in one shot, unzip, install drivers and run the batch file, here you go: Debloater Download

**EDIT 2** Looks like the file at the first provider where I uploaded the file reached its bandwidth limit. Uploading to a different provider and updating link above. I also created a how-to video however, YouTube for whatever reason decided it was "violating its community guidelines" (I checked, and it wasn't) and removed it.
2174 replies
Apr 4, 2011
5 posts
4 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Will this phone work with Fido?
Same phone is selling for $200 CA outright from Freedom.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Can anyone here (RFD) confirm that this can be unlocked, and also that it's compatible with the big 3's LTE network?? On SD it mentions that data will work not voice.
Jun 1, 2008
721 posts
245 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If someone gets it to work on Freedom Mobile with the LTE working let me know!
Feb 19, 2008
92 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Target only matches online prices not in store prices. Just talked to them. Reading the links above several mentions of this phone requiring a month minimum paid Verizon service which would pretty well ruin the deal. Also the discussions in the link seem to suggest this is CDMA only, which worries me.
Dec 18, 2004
128 posts
73 upvotes
Mississauga
maritrunks wrote: I have successfully price matched at Target.com myself.
okiwan wrote: Target only matches online prices not in store prices. Just talked to them.
How do you price match at target.com? I assume you order first then give them a call. I guess it depends on the csr you get if they would approve the price match with in store prices.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4100 posts
2979 upvotes
Kitchener
PaullieDeal wrote: Will this phone work with Fido?
Same phone is selling for $200 CA outright from Freedom.
Looking at the specs, looks like it'll work on Telus/Koodo/PM
Why can't we all just get along?
Feb 19, 2008
92 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Yes you order and then match. It's a gamble, but I guess if they decline you can just cancel the order. I'm still not sure that the phone will work on networks in Canada, or if you're forced to pay for service in US. A whole different gamble...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
okiwan wrote: I'm still not sure that the phone will work on networks in Canada, or if you're forced to pay for service in US. A whole different gamble...
Why would that be
Feb 19, 2008
92 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
RFDQ1016 wrote: Why would that be
Several comments in the SD thread. Confusing so I'm not sure what to make of it.
"
Went to pick up the phone from Walmart and the cashier eas telling me I need to activate the phone on the spot. I told them I have a verizon prepaid already an want to swap the Sim. After 10 minutes of arguing she finally called a manager for an override."
"Quote from enriqueo View Post :
SO, what I'm reading here's phone CAN NOT be unl ocked wihout at least 30 days VZ service, Am I right?
Ish. You probably don't actually need to wait 30 days, but you'll need to PAY for 30 days of service.

I honestly don't see much of a deal here unless you're using it with Verizon prepaid. Otherwise, the phone actually costs closer to $80 (tax and fees) and it's still CDMA-only. If I could pop my VZW SIM (post-pay) into it and have it work, that might be something.

This wouldn't even work with the "free" Sprint unlimited deal because it's a prepay device, right? If it could, though, I guess you could see this as buying an $80 phone for use with $3-4/month "free" service."
"This is from the VENDOR who is selling the unlock code for 2.09 dollars
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221936302...rmvSB=true

For Verizon Prepaid G4 Play XT1609 / E4 XT1767 users: The phone will only be unlocked fully from Verizon MVNO. Some phones require at least 30 days of activation, while some don't. If you intend to use other GSM networks, only the data will work and voice feature will not work.
The unlock code(s) that you will receive is(are):
Network code (NCK)

Instructions

Please make sure your phone is eligible for the service before you place the order:
Your phone is locked to a particular network.
Your phone is asking for the network unlock code when an unsupported SIM is inserted.
If you are a Verizon prepaid G4 Play XT1609 / E4 XT1767 user, please acknowledge that the phone will only be fully unlocked from Verizon MNVO (some require 30 days of activation), and only data will work on other GSM networks.

So, where do we stand with ATT and T-mobile after 5 days , for those that used unlock code. Is this vendor just protecting himself, or does it UNLOCK voice-data on ATT and T-mobile for 1 week or more?

When I inquired about the ebay unlock code vendors disclaimer: "For Verizon Prepaid G4 Play XT1609 / E4 XT1767 users: The phone will only be unlocked fully from Verizon MVNO. Some phones require at least 30 days of activation, while some don't. If you intend to use other GSM networks, only the data will work and voice feature will not work."

He responded: "They don't work on ALL GSM networks. Only those that are supported by the phone band, will work fully. The rest won't.""
Apr 4, 2011
5 posts
4 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
The comments on the SD thread are confusing and seem to indicate there are alot of potential problems with using this phone off the Verizon prepaid network.
Doesn't seem like a slam dunk of buying a cheap unlock code off eBay and popping in a sim from my current carrier.
Dec 26, 2004
817 posts
492 upvotes
Mississauga
I picked up one from Walmart in Las Vegas.
Unlocked using EBay code, working flawlessly for the last 2 days with Telus/ public mobile.
Getting LTE speed.
Very good value of the money.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7258 posts
71460 upvotes
ARK wrote: I picked up one from Walmart in Las Vegas.
Unlocked using EBay code, working flawlessly for the last 2 days with Telus/ public mobile.
Getting LTE speed.
Very good value of the money.
Can you confirm that it is as simple as taking out the Verizon SIM card, putting in either a Telus, Bell or Rogers SIM card, power it on, enter the unlock code and the phone is able to make/receive calls and texts. You don't have to do anything in Setting, apn or download any app.
Would like to get 2 for the in laws.
Dec 26, 2004
817 posts
492 upvotes
Mississauga
hill15 wrote: Can you confirm that it is as simple as taking out the Verizon SIM card, putting in either a Telus, Bell or Rogers SIM card, power it on, enter the unlock code and the phone is able to make/receive calls and texts. You don't have to do anything in Setting, apn or download any app.
Would like to get 2 for the in laws.
Not sure about Rogers or Bell but my Telus and Public mobile sim worked without any issues.
The only thing which I did was to update the system, other than that, everything else was automatic.

I also tried this phone in the US on T-Mobile but I had to enter apn settings manually in order to make data work. Calls and text worked without any problems.

Also a word of caution, remove Verizon sim before turning on this phone for the first time.
If you are in the US and leave Verizon sim inside, it will activate and may lock this phone.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7258 posts
71460 upvotes
ARK wrote: Not sure about Rogers or Bell but my Telus and Public mobile sim worked without any issues.
The only thing which I did was to update the system, other than that, everything else was automatic.

I also tried this phone in the US on T-Mobile but I had to enter apn settings manually in order to make data work. Calls and text worked without any problems.

Also a word of caution, remove Verizon sim before turning on this phone for the first time.
If you are in the US and leave Verizon sim inside, it will activate and may lock this phone.
Thanks for the info. Should I take the SIM card out of the phone when I am in the USA, even if I don't power it on.
Might pick up a few for family and friends.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
too bad it's in store only, hot deal.
Apr 25, 2006
414 posts
38 upvotes
Calgary
Picked up 2 in Vegas yesterday, thanks OP!
Feb 2, 2017
224 posts
104 upvotes
I just picked this up in Michigan but the unlock code listing on eBay has expired. Has anyone used a different listing?
Public Mobile $38/month plan
Verizon Moto E4 $39.88

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)