488 posts
993 upvotes
Mississauga

[Walmart] Walmart backpack , jewellery- ring- clearance

6 replies
Mar 22, 2011
526 posts
87 upvotes
I have to admit that these Heys backpacks aren't very good in quality, but the customer service at Heys is amazing. I bought a kid backpack made by Heys and the loop to hang the backpack up on a hook frayed within a day. My 4 year old kid didn't yank on it. It only carried a light lunchbox. Called their customer service and sent them pics. They saw that it was a defect and sent a new bag.

BUT, that bag was also poorly sewn (detached shoulder pads). It came right out of the shipping box like that still in the wrapper. And back it went to Heys. Again, they sent me another new one (no questions asked). And 3rd time, the loop frayed after one day. I had examined it when I received it and you can kind of see it kind of separating at the loop. Heys saw the pics and took it back.

Still waiting for the replacement bag in the mail.
Quality wise - you get what you pay for. But the company, Heys, has really good customer service.
Jul 11, 2015
203 posts
95 upvotes
Victoria, BC
what a hot combo for a sale! children's Backpacks and jewelry, dang, walmart sells jesus pieces hey? ive always wanted a big chain with a cross on it :P
You're the average of the five people, you most associate with.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2304 posts
538 upvotes
Toronto
jandb wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 11:52 am
I have to admit that these Heys backpacks aren't very good in quality
We've bought these Heys backpacks on clearance at walmart for the past 4 years...we've mostly been satisfied, especially considering the prices we got them for (i.e. $5/$8). However, this years batch is noticeably inferior in quality (i.e. material doesn't seem as think/durable). Seems apparent that they cut some corners/used lower quality materials for this years supply. I had a look at them in-store to see if I could grab a couple for little niece/nephew when they drop in price but will probably pass on them as I still have an extra Monster High and Batman one that I got last year for my own kids. Still an okay buy for the price...if the kid uses it for the rest of the school year you'll undoubtedly get your money's worth out of it.
Last edited by Fightguard on Sep 25th, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 19, 2013
142 posts
55 upvotes
Surrey
Why aren't they on clearance in store yet? I'm hoping they get reduced further in a month, like last year
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2304 posts
538 upvotes
Toronto
rtmrrtmr wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 7:26 pm
Why aren't they on clearance in store yet? I'm hoping they get reduced further in a month, like last year
yeah...the cheaper ones will eventually get down to $2 and the higher priced ones will go down to $4 or $5 based what has happened in years past.
However, next time you're in-store try scanning them. A couple of stores I've been to prior didn't have the clearance signs up but they did scan at the lowered prices.