• Nov 12th, 2018 3:28 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 25, 2006
317 posts
114 upvotes
Ottawa

Walmart Beer

Not sure if Walmart sells beer in other provinces, but beer is now being sold at select Walmart locations in Ontario. Hopefully it gets rolled out to the rest soon. It will be interesting to see if they will offer it at a little better prices than the rip off Beer Store. I'm not holding my breath though.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1403 posts
566 upvotes
Quebec
I don't see any actual beer in their beer lineup.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1061 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
marksmithy69 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 9:52 am
It will be interesting to see if they will offer it at a little better prices than the rip off Beer Store. I'm not holding my breath though.
I like to be proven wrong, but I think that's not going to happen with the LCBO monopoly and the law of Ontario government. I believe LCBO set the price for all retailers in Ontario.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1090 posts
791 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
marksmithy69 wrote:
Not sure if Walmart sells beer in other provinces, but beer is now being sold at select Walmart locations in Ontario. Hopefully it gets rolled out to the rest soon. It will be interesting to see if they will offer it at a little better prices than the rip off Beer Store. I'm not holding my breath though.
Since June 2017 they have been selling beer in Ontario.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
4673 posts
2052 upvotes
Toronto
Come and get it... before thirsty vikings drink it all!

I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Jun 30, 2014
203 posts
42 upvotes
ON
bingo_jake wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 9:56 am
I like to be proven wrong, but I think that's not going to happen with the LCBO monopoly and the law of Ontario government. I believe LCBO set the price for all retailers in Ontario.
That is correct. I was at a brewery recently and they told me that the price at the brewery and LCBO is same as they're not allowed to offer any discounted prices. The only advantage of buying there is that the beer is fresher.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1090 posts
791 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
ViperVi wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 9:59 am
The only advantage of buying there is that the beer is fresher.
And you can buy chicken wings, video games, a new shirt for when you stain yours with the wings and beer. Can't do this at LCBO or beer store
Aug 9, 2018
6 posts
6 upvotes
You’re a little late on this one, they’ve been selling it at certain locations for well over a year. Pot is legal too, BTW.
Jun 7, 2017
418 posts
526 upvotes
New Brunswick
Gotta get me some of that Great Value Lager Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jan 31, 2010
348 posts
103 upvotes
St. John's
The Newfoundland Liquor Mafia will never allow this
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13394 posts
2207 upvotes
Toronto
marksmithy69 wrote:
It will be interesting to see if they will offer it at a little better prices than the rip off Beer Store. I'm not holding my breath though.
Walmart would actually be smart to offer "Dollar beer" in Ontario, since they are a discount retailer, but who knows what brand you'll get for that? :twisted:
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
10094 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
The one near my house has it (morningside and 401). It's great. Can get it until 11pm. The funny thing is not that long ago, they moved the chips aisle right where the beer is. Going there after 10, it's pretty crowded there. Not good for a dad of young kindergarden and pre-school kids stuck at home when I do my basic shopping after the kids go to bed and clean up around 10pm. It's good in the convenience, but not good in how convenient it is if you're trying to cut back.
Dec 8, 2015
63 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Love the convenience and the one stop shopping. Price is the same which is fine.
May 7, 2008
576 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not sure that's true.

At Amsterdam Brewery in Toronto, the 25 cases (yes 25 and not 24!) is significantly cheaper than LCBO/Beer Store
ViperVi wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 9:59 am
That is correct. I was at a brewery recently and they told me that the price at the brewery and LCBO is same as they're not allowed to offer any discounted prices. The only advantage of buying there is that the beer is fresher.