Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

[Warm] $69.96 Pre Order: For various new video game titles [PS4, XB1, Switch]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2018 9:54 am
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
4200 posts
1668 upvotes
Toronto

[Walmart] [Warm] $69.96 Pre Order: For various new video game titles [PS4, XB1, Switch]

41 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Yoshi (Nintendo Switch) Preorder – Release date: Dec. 31, 2019
Metroid (Nintendo Switch) Preorder – Release date: Dec. 31, 2019

Yikes!
😱
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4434 posts
2954 upvotes
b0ne wrote: Yoshi (Nintendo Switch) Preorder – Release date: Dec. 31, 2019
Metroid (Nintendo Switch) Preorder – Release date: Dec. 31, 2019

Yikes!
Just a placement holder as Nintendo hasn’t announced a final release date
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1321 posts
1276 upvotes
...or wait one month after release and pick the game up for $50 or less.

Example:

AC odyssey release October 5, 2018 and recently on sale for $25-$40
shadow of tomb raider September 14, 2018 and recently on sale for $40
Mar 31, 2006
331 posts
564 upvotes
Coquitlam
Is this a part of their Cyber Monday sale...if so 69,96 though is a deal...is kinda a sad one.
Nov 18, 2018
44 posts
50 upvotes
Not sure if this applies as much to Switch games. Especially Metroid. These flagship games don't usually go on sale, do they?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1401 posts
3722 upvotes
New Brunswick
zylonite wrote: ...or wait one month after release and pick the game up for $50 or less.

Example:

Those all released close to Black Friday. You'll be waiting a while for the ones releasing in January like RE2 and NSMB
Sep 12, 2016
137 posts
242 upvotes
It's a waste of time pre-ordering from Walmart.

Warning:
- They will not let you change credit card information and keep the same item price.
- Their customer service over the phone is laughably bad.
- They sometimes deliver late for no apparent reason, even though they use UPS (scheduled pickups only on certain days?)
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1401 posts
3722 upvotes
New Brunswick
Amazon has a bunch of these on for the same price too, if you prefer.
Jun 7, 2017
241 posts
34 upvotes
Is 69.96 going to be the new price for E3 pre orders? I certainly hope not :(
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1488 posts
344 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Despite the downside listed above, at least you can return the product in store to Walmart and get refund. Return shopping to Amazon isn't free unless you state it as defective, etc. Oh wait... Lol
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2905 posts
2130 upvotes
Parksville, BC
zylonite wrote: ...or wait one month after release and pick the game up for $50 or less.

Example:

Can't see Metroid dropping that fast... unless they mess it up.
May 2, 2018
24 posts
23 upvotes
CyniC- wrote: Despite the downside listed above, at least you can return the product in store to Walmart and get refund. Return shopping to Amazon isn't free unless you state it as defective, etc. Oh wait... Lol
I would be extremely careful doing this. Just had an absolute NIGHTMARE refunding this past week. All their online orders need to go through a separate computer which just constantly "loads" and was not allowing the associate to initiate a refund.

Order summery for my Let's go Pikachu was $50 plus tax ($56 total). Shipping e-mail (AKA receipt) showed $62.96 ($50 + $5.40 GST and +$7.56 PST). Brought it to my local Walmart to refund as the tax charged was 25%, and wanted to keep my Let's go Eevee instead but was told there were NOTHING they could do for me and literally told me to f*** off and call Walmart's number instead. I argued with them for at least 15mins before they caved in and did a manual refund of $62.72 on my card and gave me 20 cents in cash...

Needless to say, I will never ever order from Walmart's online store again.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5063 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
snorlaxsteals wrote: I would be extremely careful doing this. Just had an absolute NIGHTMARE refunding this past week. All their online orders need to go through a separate computer which just constantly "loads" and was not allowing the associate to initiate a refund.

Order summery for my Let's go Pikachu was $50 plus tax ($56 total). Shipping e-mail (AKA receipt) showed $62.96 ($50 + $5.40 GST and +$7.56 PST). Brought it to my local Walmart to refund as the tax charged was 25%, and wanted to keep my Let's go Eevee instead but was told there were NOTHING they could do for me and literally told me to f*** off and call Walmart's number instead. I argued with them for at least 15mins before they caved in and did a manual refund of $62.72 on my card and gave me 20 cents in cash...

I had same issue this week, their return site wouldn’t work. They told me to try another Walmart :facepalm:
Current KOODO customer😎
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4246 posts
1670 upvotes
Belle River
snorlaxsteals wrote: I would be extremely careful doing this. Just had an absolute NIGHTMARE refunding this past week. All their online orders need to go through a separate computer which just constantly "loads" and was not allowing the associate to initiate a refund.

I thought the forever loading thing with the new returns computer was just me :). At first they kept sending me away, 3rd time I said ok figure something out it's not fair that I have to keep coming back because your system sucks, so they did it the old way. That was months ago, I've returned things twice since, once the computer actually worked, the other they immediately did it the old way. Someone also told the computer worked for them not long ago, maybe it's improving.
May 2, 2018
24 posts
23 upvotes
hystavito wrote: I thought the forever loading thing with the new returns computer was just me :). At first they kept sending me away, 3rd time I said ok figure something out it's not fair that I have to keep coming back because your system sucks, so they did it the old way. That was months ago, I've returned things twice since, once the computer actually worked, the other they immediately did it the old way. Someone also told the computer worked for them not long ago, maybe it's improving.
I have no clue. It sounds like it's a hit or miss. So far for me though its been constantly misses lol. It's the most bizarre return system I've seen from a big retailer.
Dec 12, 2009
317 posts
175 upvotes

100% agree on this but I didn’t have any invoice issues. I actually had to end up going back to Walmart twice to try to return my E3 preorder of Fallout 76 as I figured it was a quick 5-10 minute refund. 1st visit there computer frozed and the customer service agent had to call head office to try to process the refund. They ended up asking me a bunch of questions like my email address and phone number when I thought they would have had this information with the order number. I ended up leaving without a refund as it took 40 minutes already and I was about to be late for work. 2nd visit on a different day the customer service agent tried to process the refund again and all I heard from him was “why is this not working again?” I was like not this again....the agent ended up asking me if I had any shopping to do while he tried to call head office again to process the refund. Needless to say the whole ordeal ended up taking 2 hours total to get my money back for that “turd” of a game Face With Tears Of Joy

I will definitely reconsider doing online orders with Wal-Mart. Sad thing is the Wal-Mart is only 5 minutes away from my house and it took 2 hours to get a refund.

There systems are so “ancient” considering how big of a company Wal-Mart is. Sad how they can’t even be bothered to invest a little bit of money in the infrastructure. I actually feel sorry for the people that work at customer service and can’t imagine the nightmares they will have this holiday season and after Boxing Day.
May 7, 2012
392 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve had 3 different occasions where my pre-ordered games from Amazon shipped late and didn’t arrive until the Wednesday or Thursday after. Two orders were way before CP strike, so unrelated.

Contacting their customer service about it, was a nightmare. In the same conversation, the agent went from blaming the manufacturer, to my address (I live in a city with Amazon warehouses and not a remote area), to blaming the courier.

After the third time, I’ve sworn them off for pre-orders. Since someone mentioned Amazon is offering the same price, I thought I’d share my recent experience with them.
Jun 30, 2017
367 posts
476 upvotes
hystavito wrote: I thought the forever loading thing with the new returns computer was just me :). At first they kept sending me away, 3rd time I said ok figure something out it's not fair that I have to keep coming back because your system sucks, so they did it the old way. That was months ago, I've returned things twice since, once the computer actually worked, the other they immediately did it the old way. Someone also told the computer worked for them not long ago, maybe it's improving.
I had the same problem too, the "key" thing to tell them is, you already call customer service and the manager told you to tell the store to do it the old way which is a no receipt refund, they just have to do that and then write down that they refunded an online order and you are good to go

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)