Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Walmart - Westinghouse 40 " 1080p 120 hz TV $298 Free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2013 12:52 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2741 posts
467 upvotes
koffey wrote: anyone mount this yet? or can verify if a standard mount works? i read a post where someone said that the mounting holes are not 'standard'. need confirmation.
The holes are standard but you need spacers since the holes are recessed. There was a reviewer on amazon who have good tips.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15846 posts
10525 upvotes
Toronto
Cheers. Getting this for my gym. I was going to get it for replacing a 5yr 27", but 40 would be too big too replace it. And I didn't want it mounted. But if ok to mount, gym is it.
Mar 29, 2006
360 posts
22 upvotes
cheapbastage wrote: The holes are standard but you need spacers since the holes are recessed. There was a reviewer on amazon who have good tips.
The holes are not standard size. (Wall Mount: 266mm x 275mm)
http://westinghousedigital.com/products ... 0t-series/

This user on Amazon has the detailed instructions of how to mount and what to buy:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R26U40GKIX ... deID=&tag=

Gonna buy it now and give it a try.
Jan 26, 2004
381 posts
232 upvotes
Georgetown
- just received the TV. TV looks ok, the powerbar is kinda dissapointing, but its ok - i can live with it.

TV is kind of thin but the build quality is not so great, which is ok again

I turned it on, and realized the pictures is little bit blurry, for non-HD channels , i cannot read fine words written under the Channel Logo for example... Sony TV logo looked like this:

I tried the same channel on my Toshiba 37" LCD, and the logo was much clear and readable.

Any recommendations? did I get a defective peice? are there any settings i can play with to fix this.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2845 posts
293 upvotes
yh1219 wrote: Canada Post always doing the same trick. It is not depending on the time of the year. They just stick a 'fail to delivery' notice on your door without attempting to ring your door bell. Or they just drop the item on your deck and leave.
It probably depends on the delivery person in your area. I've had a couple different ones at my place but they've both been great. Canada Post also delivered to my house properly on Saturday (and maybe Sunday, I don't remember now) during Christmas holidays. (said they had a lot of packages so were doing weekends too)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
mackey2001 wrote: - just received the TV. TV looks ok, the powerbar is kinda dissapointing, but its ok - i can live with it.

TV is kind of thin but the build quality is not so great, which is ok again

I turned it on, and realized the pictures is little bit blurry, for non-HD channels , i cannot read fine words written under the Channel Logo for example... Sony TV logo looked like this:

I tried the same channel on my Toshiba 37" LCD, and the logo was much clear and readable.

Any recommendations? did I get a defective peice? are there any settings i can play with to fix this.
play around with your settings, these almost always have to be setup to your liking when new, start with Contrast and Hue.
May 1, 2007
159 posts
35 upvotes
Ordered the TV and a kettle together on Dec 27, received only the kettle on Dec 31, asked the driver if there is a TV also there, he said no, so I assume it may come in on a different time. Jan 2nd checked my order # it said both items is delivered (WTH). Called up Walmart, CS say that I will need to go by the local Canada post in my area check to see if the TV is there (Huh?), and since my order said delivered if I all for CS @ Canada Post they would just tell me to call WM, + I will need to wait till Jan 9th is the last day for them to deliver before WM can do a claim with Canada Post (hmmm), I think I may just return the damn thing. Canada Post is a joke when come to holiday delivery.
Sep 14, 2010
591 posts
217 upvotes
canada post left me a paper and i had to pick it up at the post office because of the size of the box. mosy likely what happened to some in this thread also but they didnt bother writing down the reason
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1708 posts
697 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
townie22 wrote: play around with your settings, these almost always have to be setup to your liking when new, start with Contrast and Hue.
Recently purchased the TV and I had the same issue with picture quality. The HD channels weren't the greatest and non HD wasn't any better.

I spent a good few hours playing with the settings and finally got fed up and brought the TV back. I like a great deal, but expected a somewhat passable picture...didn't happen.
Nov 11, 2010
415 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
gves02 wrote: Recently purchased the TV and I had the same issue with picture quality. The HD channels weren't the greatest and non HD wasn't any better.

I spent a good few hours playing with the settings and finally got fed up and brought the TV back. I like a great deal, but expected a somewhat passable picture...didn't happen.
I dont have a HD source, so just assumed that the picture quality was below par as it was cable plugged in directly. Planning to buy a WD media box this weekend and testing the performanece with HDMI
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2741 posts
467 upvotes
freakoutguy wrote: I dont have a HD source, so just assumed that the picture quality was below par as it was cable plugged in directly. Planning to buy a WD media box this weekend and testing the performanece with HDMI
The tv probably doesnt have the best processor/scaler, so if you feed it a non-native format it probably wont look as good as it should. Top brands tend to have really good scalers that even make non-hd sources look pretty good. Some cable boxes can passthrough the signal or process it depending on the settings on the set-top box. This is truly "trial and error".
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
my buddy was looking for a decent, low price tv, ordered for him, Thanks OP.
Nov 11, 2010
415 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
cheapbastage wrote: The tv probably doesnt have the best processor/scaler, so if you feed it a non-native format it probably wont look as good as it should. Top brands tend to have really good scalers that even make non-hd sources look pretty good. Some cable boxes can passthrough the signal or process it depending on the settings on the set-top box. This is truly "trial and error".
Hmm..so if use a "true" HD source such as 1080 MKV rip transmitted through a media player, will this TV show it's true potential?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1241 posts
620 upvotes
The 6ix
Wow. Canada post is piece of sh*t. I've been at home all day and when i checked my shipment progress they said they came but noone was home. Now i have to go the depot to pick it up. Talk about poor business practice, bunch of lazy slobs.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2741 posts
467 upvotes
freakoutguy wrote: Hmm..so if use a "true" HD source such as 1080 MKV rip transmitted through a media player, will this TV show it's true potential?
Sure,If that is what your going to use it for. The best test would be a BluRay though.
Jul 1, 2005
539 posts
45 upvotes
Burlington
[quote="gves02" post_id="16096903" time="1357236375" user_id="43391"]Recently purchased the TV and I had the same issue with picture quality. The HD channels weren't the greatest and non HD wasn't any betterQUOTE]

What did you have it hooked up to? Was it HDMI @ 1080p? Was the video you were watching a true 1920x1080 source? Mine looks great for both PC output and ATSC channels @ 1920x1080 and 1280x720 - default TV settings, no calibration.
Mar 5, 2012
757 posts
486 upvotes
Canada
I think the Canadian Post employees do it on purpose. They do not want to carry the TV to your door... :facepalm:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)