Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Walmart - Westinghouse 40 " 1080p 120 hz TV $298 Free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2013 12:52 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 19, 2005
56 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks to the OP for the deal, and to the others who posted things about Westinghouse.
Aug 9, 2012
84 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
So whats the general info....is Westinghouse reputable? There company history is impressive, but don't know 'bout now a days. For anyone who got it, is it good? From previous posts, its all conflicting experiences...
Feb 11, 2008
544 posts
318 upvotes
Vancouver
blainehamilton wrote: Don't let the name put you off. My first lcd was a westinghouse 42" lcd from dell for about $800. 2007 or 2008 iirc.

Still going strong, used every day in the bedroom.
Bought the exact same one from the Dell sale back on 2007, still runs like new!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1780 posts
648 upvotes
St. John's
The brushed aluminum look is VERY nice.

If I needed a 40" right now, I'd definitely look into this!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
I grabbed a 32" Westinghouse from Best Buy middle of June 2007 for $550+, and it's the most used TV in our house, it's on for hours and hours every day through Shaw Digital Box, DVD Player and WDTV and it still works perfectly to this day.
Oct 4, 2010
348 posts
200 upvotes
Thanks for this just buy it really decent LED TV and for the price it's awesome
OP
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
I saw this deal a few days ago and was thinking of grabbing it. I searched a ton of different sites for reviews, and they were all pretty much split.

Negatives all said the same thing (sound isn't great, or pixels died quickly) and the positives said the same (great tv, great price, no complaints). I guess it depends if you get lucky or not
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1848 posts
1090 upvotes
thanks OP, bought 1.

Anybody can link what WMs return policy is for TVs?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Last time I checked westinghouse ceased to exist as a real brand and is just now a "brand name" (just like RCA) stuck on whatever products distributed by whoever currently holds the rights to the name.

For that reason reliability varies between one product to another and quality should be considered per each specific product (regardless of whatever horror stories you might hear on other products being marketed under the same name).

Amazon (mostly favourable reviews) http://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-UW40 ... ewpoints=1

Best buy reviews http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Westinghous ... Id=5290913

Given WM relaxed return policy I see no one going wrong with this purchase (as long as you can fit 40" TV in your car)
Aug 21, 2011
118 posts
35 upvotes
BC
I been looking into this as well. Does anyone know if this supports HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control)? I will buy it. If anyone has or tested it please let me know.

Thanks,
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
3261 posts
1220 upvotes
Thanks OP! A Nice "backup" TV in case my LG 42" 3D price error from New Egg doesn't come :mad:

...It's pretty sad that some of these TV deals are better than anything boxing day has to offer!
Dec 29, 2011
109 posts
114 upvotes
Halifax
Are you still able to return this if you aren't satisfied? I see it's a Clearance deal so it's stopping me from purchasing.
Nov 11, 2010
415 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
is there a co-axial outlet where one can directly plug in the cable wire? Also, I am assuming that there is no USB outlet?
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1708 posts
697 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Yes, anyone know walmarts clearance return policy?
Mar 24, 2006
654 posts
24 upvotes
bought one 42 inch westinghouse lcd during dell deals of day 6 years ago, very happy with the tv, used as the main TV, and still solid after 6 years
Feb 10, 2007
490 posts
249 upvotes
oakville wrote: bought one 42 inch westinghouse lcd during dell deals of day 6 years ago, very happy with the tv, used as the main TV, and still solid after 6 years
I have the same one purchased in the same sale and am watching it now. It held up great, no concerns over quality with Westinghouse in my experience.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)