Can you elaborate on this?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
2885 posts
225 upvotes
CALGARY
daedalus2004 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 7:46 pm
ya the only way to use a giftcard as far as i can tell would be to do a return/rebuy instore when you get the tv..kind of silly but whatever..
Thanked..
Called there Customer Service and they said the Walmart store and online are different and they wont be able to do that in store. I will still try doing that - if not no big deal as Walmart GCs are very easy to use up in couple of visits.
For Sale in Calgary :
PS4 GAMES - NHL 16 + NBA LIVE 16 + Assassin's Creed Syndicate = $85
Nov 11, 2010
225 posts
32 upvotes
GTA
Pika wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 11:21 pm
I ordered the TV on the 25th and received it today, I'll my impressions. The picture isn't best, but it's good for a TV with its current price tag and features. I tested 2 DVDs on my Xbox 360 to see if there would be a soap opera effect that a user on Amazon mentioned on their forum but both movies played at their regular speeds. The UI is basic in terms of looks, it doesn't have much options, and the internal clock malfunctions (I've set it twice, and the date changed to Jan 3, 2013 after I shut it off). The controls(which are touch only) are nice when they function correctly, the first time I tested them they would only the control volume, touching one control often affects another. The remote doesn't look great, but it works great and has most of the same functions as remotes from other brands. The TV itself looks great, and I still think that it's worth the price despite the issues that I've experienced.
Is the TV stable when kept on a flat surface or does it have to be bolted down, as per the manual? I am not interested in wall mounting and want to place it on my TV stand.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1154 posts
265 upvotes
freakoutguy wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 6:25 pm
Is the TV stable when kept on a flat surface or does it have to be bolted down, as per the manual? I am not interested in wall mounting and want to place it on my TV stand.
It is fine on a flat surface like any other TV.
Just received mine (3 days early!)

Impressions: picture looks good even with SD source. HDMI 1080p sources look awesome.
This TV does NOT have a component input. I think it was listed in the specs but it does not actually have one. 2xHDMI and a VGA port are there though.

Overall great buy from the few hours it has been plugged in and i've been watching so far.

Thanks RFD.
Jun 11, 2009
767 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
Canucktim wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:09 pm
I don't know if I should return this insignia tv I bought on cyber mondy (http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ins ... 02636.aspx) for this one. I paid 318 all in for the insignia, the Westinghouse would be 359, any suggestions? Thanks!
Don't. For one inch and $40, its an hassle. This TV can't be wall mounted easily.
Mar 19, 2005
56 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
I hope everyone else who ordered has better luck than I did, but I wouldn't buy this again after my experience with the touch control glitches. I returned the Westinghouse(the return went smoothly for me) and bought the 120hz version of this Insignia http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ins ... 9ec3e2en02, the picture is better than the Westinghouse and the controls work, hopefully it doesn't goes into a frenzy the next morning this time.
Nov 11, 2010
225 posts
32 upvotes
GTA
Pika wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:30 pm
I hope everyone else who ordered has better luck than I did, but I wouldn't buy this again after my experience with the touch control glitches. I returned the Westinghouse(the return went smoothly for me) and bought the 120hz version of the Insignia in CanuckTim's post for 379.99, the picture is better than the Westinghouse and the controls work, hopefully it doesn't goes into a frenzy the next morning this time.
The Westinghouse is LED and the Insignia is LCD, but you are saying that the picture on Insignia is better?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3853 posts
607 upvotes
Granby
Pika wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:30 pm
I hope everyone else who ordered has better luck than I did, but I wouldn't buy this again after my experience with the touch control glitches. I returned the Westinghouse(the return went smoothly for me) and bought the 120hz version of the Insignia in CanuckTim's post for 379.99, the picture is better than the Westinghouse and the controls work, hopefully it doesn't goes into a frenzy the next morning this time.
touch control? you mean the remote?? i plan on using my harmony remote anywaz for this if thats the issue..
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2472 posts
201 upvotes
Whitby
Disciplinz wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 3:22 pm
Mines came DOA

Took me 1h to return at Walmart. Had 3 different manager look at it.

1 manager said they don't do return for items they don't sell at the store. Their scanner was not able to identify the item.
2nd manager didn't know ***** and made a big scene. 3 other customer service employee had to point out they do, do returns for online items.
3rd manger call headoffice
I took back a couple of games and a COD Black Op Vita bundle to the Ajax store. Had them open the shipping box to ensure it wasn't tampered with. They wouldn't accept it without the original email they sent as confirmation. I told them it was Black Friday priced, look at the flyer. They wouldn't budge.

I went home printed off the confirmation email and took it to the Whitby store which is closer to my house. Even with all the paperwork they gave me (via email and in the shipping box) they told me they didn't have proof I bought it from them because a price wasn't listed. It took 1/2 an hour and finally the CSR finally agreed to manually credit my card the sale prices.

Word to the wise, WalMart's online and in store system coordination are in the stone ages, be warned trying to return anything bought online in store.
Mar 19, 2005
56 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
daedalus2004 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:43 pm
touch control? you mean the remote?? i plan on using my harmony remote anywaz for this if thats the issue..
The Westinghouse had a touch sensitive strip instead of physical buttons, but only on the TV itself. The remote is the same as any other.
freakoutguy wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:01 pm
The Westinghouse is LED and the Insignia is LCD, but you are saying that the picture on Insignia is better?
My mistake, I meant this one
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ins ... 9ec3e2en02
Jan 18, 2008
445 posts
27 upvotes
Can anyone who got the tv tell me the actual width of it? I want to know the exact width from edge to edge (left to right).
Dec 26, 2012
605 posts
174 upvotes
Dr Butcher wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:54 pm
I took back a couple of games and a COD Black Op Vita bundle to the Ajax store. Had them open the shipping box to ensure it wasn't tampered with. They wouldn't accept it without the original email they sent as confirmation. I told them it was Black Friday priced, look at the flyer. They wouldn't budge.

I went home printed off the confirmation email and took it to the Whitby store which is closer to my house. Even with all the paperwork they gave me (via email and in the shipping box) they told me they didn't have proof I bought it from them because a price wasn't listed. It took 1/2 an hour and finally the CSR finally agreed to manually credit my card the sale prices.

Word to the wise, WalMart's online and in store system coordination are in the stone ages, be warned trying to return anything bought online in store.
Print this out:

http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore/cat ... urnsPolicy

Then print your receipt that you got via email or online (on their site) and take it to the store. If they give you hassle point out their policy.
Online Purchases
Returning an item to a store:
Bring the item you wish to return along with all original accessories, packing material, and your eCommerce receipt to a store.
If you do not have the eCommerce receipt, you will need to provide your name, email address, and/or order number, so the store can verify the order information with Customer Service.
Sep 14, 2010
323 posts
84 upvotes
freakoutguy wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 11:01 pm
he had a bad experience with the set. he wont be neutral now towards the picture quality ;)
× < >