Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Walmart: ON Whey Gold Standard $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2009 11:41 am
Tags:
403 replies
Sep 7, 2007
92 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Never knew Walmart sold ON Whey. Nonetheless, I think this is the best deal for the 5lb-ers.
Banned
May 9, 2006
152 posts
18 upvotes
I know some people swear by ON Whey, but I've been using the 5 lb. tubs of "Winning Combination" 100% whey protein which goes on sale at London Drugs for $30-$35. It seems very similar in terms of isolate content and texture. The amino acid profile is just slightly different.

http://www.winning-combination.com/Winn ... otein.html
(The tub looks different than the photo on that page.)
May 21, 2006
105 posts
7 upvotes
good price, and with my brother's discount this will be 45.00

thanks op, i needed to restock
May 21, 2006
105 posts
7 upvotes
sky7i wrote: I know some people swear by ON Whey, but I've been using the 5 lb. tubs of "Winning Combination" 100% whey protein which goes on sale at London Drugs for $30-$35. It seems very similar in terms of isolate content and texture. The amino acid profile is just slightly different.

http://www.winning-combination.com/Winn ... otein.html
(The tub looks different than the photo on that page.)
sky7i, how's the mixability of that powder

what makes ON so great is that you can mix it with a spoon and it has decent flavour. no need to mess around with the shaker
Jul 19, 2003
731 posts
4 upvotes
this is a good price, jump on this
don't forget to neuter your pet
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
flavours?
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
May 20, 2007
1432 posts
142 upvotes
noktrnl wrote: can anyone confirm for the GVR?
+1

My tub of 5lbs is running out
Nov 8, 2007
667 posts
388 upvotes
Did Whey Protein get more expensive? I haven't used it for maybe 4 years now but I'm thinking of getting back on. I used to pay around $50 for ON 5lbs after bulk discount at sndcanada.com but now the prices are $65.

I used to love the ON mint chocolate but its not on the site. I hope they didn't stop making it! :(
Sep 27, 2007
256 posts
148 upvotes
Vancouver
I remember the days when 5lbs ON's were as low or even lower than 20$ :(
Dec 6, 2006
102 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
A year or two ago ON used to be some of the cheapest Whey out there, less than $40.
Aug 20, 2006
11 posts
Ottawa
Does anyone know how large the scoop is and how many grams of protein it contains ?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1229 posts
615 upvotes
Montreal
Wow! I ordered a 10 lbs from suppcanada ~2 months ago for 103$. The price is now 120$?!?!?!
Jan 11, 2006
53 posts
I asked one of the guys at SND about this, and he said ON has been getting so many published accolades in the past year that they've steadily increased their prices. He told me it's now overpriced and there are a number of options that would be better value, including those mentioned in this thread.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2457 posts
19 upvotes
If this is isolate then it's definately a good price @ 10/pound.
Sep 4, 2007
765 posts
335 upvotes
ice_lbc wrote: Does anyone know how large the scoop is and how many grams of protein it contains ?
30 gram scoop and 24 grams of whey isolate/concentrate protein.
Sep 4, 2007
765 posts
335 upvotes
ClubberLang wrote: If this is isolate then it's definately a good price @ 10/pound.
It's actually a combination of isolate and concentrate.
Jul 19, 2006
692 posts
100 upvotes
ON's protein is decent, they have improved their flavours over the years and the mixability is quite good because it is an isolate & concentrate mixture (Milk , Egg and Casein proteins are inherently harder to mix). There is a fair bit of overhead on marketing that goes into the product price that has driven the cost up, but it also in large part due to increases in whey prices. We have seen the cost of most proteins increase. not just ON. Nutritional information can be seen http://www.optimumnutrition.com/product ... p-201.html , 24g Pro / 29.4g Scoop, so 82% which is quite good for a mix.

There are other cheaper options out there; Dymatize is quite good, especially their Cafe Mocha. Selection is quite limited in Canada; so if you're not willing to order from the US this is a decent deal for this protein, however you can get better deals by shopping from online Canadian supplement stores (I.e. https://www.svncanada.com/cart_product. ... 625&type=1 ). You can get the cheaper ones, but often they taste weak/bad (EAS comes to mind). Or if you don't mind ordering from the US, there are huge deal to be had; I personally do my shopping from www.nutraplanet.com who is having a 10% off the entire site sale starting Jan 1st w/ Free shipping over $100.