[Walmart] [WM] RCA UHD 4K TV 49"/55"/65" $398/$468/$798 Shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2017 10:58 am
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2153 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone missed out, I got the 55" RCA I would sell at cost (bought for the points).
Send me a message - located in Mississauga.

Tested and its a perfect unit.
Last edited by ashihtaka on Apr 2nd, 2017 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 29, 2016
38 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver,BC
Anyone able to get into the advanced settings by pressing Menu 1147 for the RCA 65 INCH TV with model #RTU6549?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2008
4736 posts
403 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Nuprapture wrote:
Apr 1st, 2017 11:40 pm
Has anyone encountered this issue with theirs? Can this be fixed, or is it a return?
Serial number is A1611
Model is RLED6515-UHD-C

Who is that girl?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Aug 2, 2009
10 posts
27 upvotes
Markham
rendered22 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 9:39 am
I can't get this RCA 4k 55" TV to work with my Rogers 4K box remote control for the life of me. Anyone know the proper code to get volume to adjust, as well as the power ON/OFF and input selector? With this TV? Thanks in advance!

Here is the remote:

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I have the same remote as rendered22. I was able to pair this remote to my RCA 55 4K TV (A1701 modal) to turn it on and off, but the volume buttons don't work. I can see the lights on the TV blink each time I press the volume keys, but the volume doesn't change. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, when I try to watch 4K content on my roger's box, I get the following message "This is a 4K UHD content that requires a HDCP 2.2 compatible 4K TV for display. Please call us at 1-888-ROGERS1 for more information". If I change the input to another HDMI port and then back to the HDMI port that the Roger's box is attached to, then I can watch that 4K channel. This is kind of annoying...anyone experience this?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
9025 posts
2972 upvotes
My05Toy wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 8:08 am
I'm hoping someone can help with this. I have the same remote as rendered22. I was able to pair this remote to my RCA 55 4K TV (A1701 modal) to turn it on and off, but the volume buttons don't work. I can see the lights on the TV blink each time I press the volume keys, but the volume doesn't change. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, when I try to watch 4K content on my roger's box, I get the following message "This is a 4K UHD content that requires a HDCP 2.2 compatible 4K TV for display. Please call us at 1-888-ROGERS1 for more information". If I change the input to another HDMI port and then back to the HDMI port that the Roger's box is attached to, then I can watch that 4K channel. This is kind of annoying...anyone experience this?
For the HDCP error with the Rogers box, the trick is to turn the TV on *before* the Rogers box. I'm not sure why this makes a difference. The other thing you can try is unplugging the Rogers box, then plug it back in after 10 seconds. The problem should go away once the box reinitializes. My Rogers 4k box only does this very occasionally. What I tend to do is use the TV on a different input, then turn on the Rogers box, then switch to that input, and I never have a problem.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1098 posts
271 upvotes
Winnipeg
My05Toy wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 8:08 am

I might have asked you before but did you try another hdmi cable?
Lorenzo
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5551 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver
Saw these on sale at the front of the store in Richmond on No. 3 road.

Was also no tax weekend as well.
Jul 19, 2011
484 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
I'm seeing people getting the 49" for $176, which is lower than the price indicated in the title of the thread... What were the lowest prices for the 55" and the 65", and are any of the three models still available?

Also, can anyone confirm the input lag and 4:4:4 chroma on these units?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
9025 posts
2972 upvotes
gromacs wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 1:13 pm
I'm seeing people getting the 49" for $176, which is lower than the price indicated in the title of the thread... What were the lowest prices for the 55" and the 65", and are any of the three models still available?

The input lag on the 55" model is excellent. I can confirm that it can only do 4:2:0 chroma at 4k resolution at 60hz. Others will argue and post conflicting information, however I can confirm that is the best I could do both with a GTX 1060 and a GTX 1070. Perhaps AMD hardware is different. The chroma test is difficult to conduct properly which is why I think we have the conflicting information. Rather that conducting the test, people just need to look in their graphics card control panel. If the control panel says it's running at 4:2:0 chroma, there is no way on earth that the card can magically be running at 4:4:4 chroma.

I will also tell you that IMO the TV looks *great* even at only 4:2:0 chroma. Perhaps I'm just not fussy enough to care. Would I rather 4:4:4 chroma? Absolutely. However at this price, 4k looks miles better than 1080p, chroma or no chroma. IMO.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12552 posts
4532 upvotes
Kitchener
gromacs wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 1:13 pm
I'm seeing people getting the 49" for $176, which is lower than the price indicated in the title of the thread...
Customer returns, open box, final sales and not 4k, extreme YMMV.
What were the lowest prices for the 55" and the 65",
The prices in the title, yesterday there was an extra "no tax" and a $30 turkey for each $250 of purchases, some also got a personalized 20% in PC points offer.
and are any of the three models still available?
Depends on store, might want to call and ask.
4:4:4 chroma 4k@30 confirmed on all models.
4:4:4 chroma 4k@60 confirmed on 65" and mixed reports on 55".
4:4:4 chroma 4k@60 confirmed on the 49" Avera rebrand of the 49" RCA.
Panels response time listed in the panel specs on the links in the OP, input lag for the 55" Haier rebrand measured at 27ms.
Jul 19, 2011
484 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you both for the information, appreciate it.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12552 posts
4532 upvotes
Kitchener
beleii wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 3:35 am
Anyone able to get into the advanced settings by pressing Menu 1147 for the RCA 65 INCH TV with model #RTU6549?
fern54 wrote:
Apr 1st, 2017 7:00 pm
Is there another version of this tv? I have the RCA 65 with 2 legs but the menu is different than what's shown in the manual in the OP. I also have no optical port, the menu 1147 code does not work and Harmony cannot find the model. Mine is the RTU6549
You might want to open a ticket with RCA, tell them that you need to adjust overscan or something and the only way to do it is from the service menu else you are going to return the set, see if you can get them to give you the new code.

Code: Select all

1-800-968-9853
customerservice@curtisint.com
sales@curtisint.com
inquiries@curtcoint.com
Last time I only got reply from customerservice@curtisint.com but its just a CC to add the other emails so nothing to lose.
Good luck
Dec 13, 2016
30 posts
1 upvote
I have a 49" 4K RCA. I would like someone to tell me the defect which are there in the picture screen.
Images
Dec 13, 2016
30 posts
1 upvote
I see a vertical band on the left side of the screen and another light vertical band on the right side as well. Please confirm if I am correct?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel