• Jul 21st, 2017 8:03 am
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1131 posts
284 upvotes
Winnipeg
Saiash wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 2:17 pm
I have a 49" 4K RCA. I would like someone to tell me the defect which are there in the picture screen.
I'm sure there may be some slight banding. How is it with actual content? I think that's what really matters. Surely people don't stare at logos and black screens on TVs looking for imperfections constantly?
Lorenzo
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1131 posts
284 upvotes
Winnipeg
Nuprapture wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 2:23 pm
TV #2. It wasn't meant to be
Looks to be damaged from shipping? Bad luck.
Lorenzo
Dec 13, 2016
60 posts
3 upvotes
lorenzo1000 wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 2:29 pm
I'm sure there may be some slight banding. How is it with actual content? I think that's what really matters. Surely people don't stare at logos and black screens on TVs looking for imperfections constantly?
Hi Lorenzo,

There is a definite vertical band on the left side of the screen when I watch sports channel. I showed the logo screen because it is easy to locate in a screenshot.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12844 posts
4788 upvotes
Kitchener
Saiash wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 2:17 pm
I have a 49" 4K RCA. I would like someone to tell me the defect which are there in the picture screen.
Thats DSE (dirty screen effect), and we have certainly seen worse.
How bad is it during with regular content ?!
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12844 posts
4788 upvotes
Kitchener
Nuprapture wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 2:23 pm
TV #2. It wasn't meant to be
ouch, whats wrong with your Karma man ? any way, take it back and if there is no more to exchange just wait for next months no tax event.
Dec 13, 2016
60 posts
3 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 3:00 pm
Thats DSE (dirty screen effect), and we have certainly seen worse.
How bad is it during with regular content ?!
There is a definite vertical band on the left side of the screen when I watch sports
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12844 posts
4788 upvotes
Kitchener
Saiash wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 3:08 pm
There is a definite vertical band on the left side of the screen when I watch sports
If you are within the retailer return policy then just take it back for an exchange/refund.
I wouldn't count on RMA'ing this (though it won't hurt trying if its your only option), manufacturers are usually "reluctant" when it comes to acknowledging that screen quality issues is significant enough for an RMA.
Dec 13, 2016
60 posts
3 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 4:23 pm
If you are within the retailer return policy then just take it back for an exchange/refund.
I wouldn't count on RMA'ing this (though it won't hurt trying if its your only option), manufacturers are usually "reluctant" when it comes to acknowledging that screen quality issues is significant enough for an RMA.
I have got RMA need to see if Curtis can fix this issue.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10026 posts
3465 upvotes
Saiash wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 4:31 pm
I have got RMA need to see if Curtis can fix this issue.
It can't be fixed. Now you're going to wait for two weeks without a TV while waiting for Curtis to replace the TV. A simple exchange at RCSS would be way simpler. Chances are your replacement set will be just as bad or else similar. You guys just can't expect perfect uniformity at this price. The panels in these TVs have probably been rejected by Samsung for reasons such as this. If you're fussy, a cheap tv like this is just not for you.
I am a Koodo customer, a Zoomer customer, and a Public Mobile customer.
Dec 13, 2016
60 posts
3 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 4:41 pm
It can't be fixed. Now you're going to wait for two weeks without a TV while waiting for Curtis to replace the TV. A simple exchange at RCSS would be way simpler. Chances are your replacement set will be just as bad or else similar. You guys just can't expect perfect uniformity at this price. The panels in these TVs have probably been rejected by Samsung for reasons such as this. If you're fussy, a cheap tv like this is just not for you.
I do understand that you cannot expect normal screen quality from these kind of cheap TV brands. Just wanted to get confirmation from you guys. I am past RCSS return policy period.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1546 posts
162 upvotes
Calgary
aasoror wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 3:02 pm
ouch, whats wrong with your Karma man ? any way, take it back and if there is no more to exchange just wait for next months no tax event.
I returned the physically broken one.

I still have the first one, so I'll call Curtis to see if they'll exchange it for me. I'm hoping to find a way to keep it since I also had the 20% back in PC points, meaning I got it for $518 after tax net of the $130 points and no-tax event. I'm in Calgary, so not sure if they have a depot anywhere here.

If all else fails, it's going back. Too bad for such an awesome deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4338 posts
1973 upvotes
Vancouver
Still enjoying our 55" we bought during boxing day. No real issues.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1131 posts
284 upvotes
Winnipeg
Nuprapture wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2017 6:16 pm
I returned the physically broken one.

I still have the first one, so I'll call Curtis to see if they'll exchange it for me. I'm hoping to find a way to keep it since I also had the 20% back in PC points, meaning I got it for $518 after tax net of the $130 points and no-tax event. I'm in Calgary, so not sure if they have a depot anywhere here.

If all else fails, it's going back. Too bad for such an awesome deal.
Yes that's unfortunate...hope it works out for you.
Lorenzo
Aug 27, 2012
169 posts
55 upvotes
Calgary
Was playing with settings on my 55" and I can't seem to get my colors right. I mean it's not horrible, but noticeably worse than my old Sony Bravia, which I put next to my RCA 55" for calibration purposes. Faces are bleak in comparison and the biggest problem that I have so far is that turquoise colour is rendered blue on RCA and I can't seem to find how to fix it which is driving me crazy.

I am at the point where I think that there's an issue with my set's panel. Can someone check what colour is their default Netflix profile selector icon on their 55" RCA? It should be turquoise but on my set it is full on blue no matter what settings I change. I have tried three different devices for video input (Xbox One, PS4 and Apple TV) all of which show it in turquoise on my old Sony Bravia which matches my Macbooks screen nicely and it's blue on RCA no matter what.

Would love to know if this is an issue with my unit or all RCA's suffer this and this can be fixed adjusting settings.