Hot Deals

[Walmart] [WM] RCA UHD 4K TV 49"/55"/65" $398/$468/$798 Shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2017 11:44 am
Feb 16, 2017
36 posts
15 upvotes
TLDR: 65” RCA looks pretty good you cannot go wrong for 730 all ina definite buy at this price! Enjoy RFDers!

Initial thoughts on the 65” 4k, so i bought it Saturday morning to see what I thought I had made my mind up and wasn’t going to get this but I figured I would save myself the 40 hours over getting a vizio m65, sony 850d, Samsung ks8000. Really for 730 fees in for a 65” I might as well try.

Brought it home set it up, upstairs initially beside my 7 year old sony 46” 1080p. first getting it out of the box was interesting by ones self, but I managed, I got the model with 2 feet firstly it has been posted here how far apart they are but that is really far fyi. Even with the feet installed it still seemed really woobly, and not very stable. Not that big of a deal unless you have clumsy people/animals in the home.

When I plugged it in I followed the instructions earlier in the thread to get to the other settings and set everything. i am coming from a 46” sony and a 50” panny plasma both of which I still think have pretty good pictures. Then I hooked it up to my pc(i5 4690k, R9 390) via hdmi. I put on a bunch of saved movies I had, Moana, Hell or high water, John Wick these were all very high bit rate files. Most of the were 5.5gb+. Now when playing stuff off my computer I was getting a really weird skipping and gittering, every 45 seconds it kind of looked like it was buffering which was super weird and I still have yet to figure out why. Now when play was running Moana looked really good all the colours looked really sharp, the waves crashing looked good which is a lot of movement. For some reason my computer did not like the resolution it did not fit on the screen half of my start bottom bar was cut off, I did not play with this long but it was a little weird and annoying.

After hooking the Tv up to my PS4 I tried a bunch of other stuff, the stuttering went away completely which was nice I played a bunch of stuff off Netflix. Now everything looked pretty decent but if there is a black beside a bright white or grey, I was ending up with some clouding? Not really sure how to describe it it kind of looked like a fog around it. For me I only really noticed it in the left hand side of the screen it was reasonably noticeable. Espically beside my other Tv with the same thing on it did not have the clouding. I am going to play with the settings to see if I can get rid of this. Other then that it looked pretty good I have a bit of a bright spot in the blacks near the bottom but its really minor. Oh and because someone is going to ask the speakers suck wich I am fine with I would be happy if someone sold a tv with out speakers at all and passed the savings along to the consumer, I was using this a in a 18’x22’x7.5’ room and it sounded tiny small, and had no depth. But theres a deal on kanto yumi right now buy those and you’ll have an great sound experience for cheap that will crush any tv speaker.

Overall as long as this keeps working for quite a while I will be very happy it was a awesome deal at 730 all in and I am very happy aside from the small gripes I had I am going to keep it and not return it. Pretty impressed by the colours and most of all the price! Enjoy people!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2156 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
Just posting again for anyone that missed the deal, that I bought the 55" 4k RCA which I can give for the same price as sale.
Located in Mississauga, send me a message if you would like to inspect/test.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12744 posts
4681 upvotes
Kitchener
behyndman wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 9:43 am
For some reason my computer did not like the resolution it did not fit on the screen half of my start bottom bar was cut off, I did not play with this long but it was a little weird and annoying.
Thats overscan, you can get rid of it from the service menu.
Apr 26, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
I apologize if I missed this in the thread, but what are you guys doing for soundbars? I'm looking to pick one up today that has HDMI in/out, so I'm guessing this tv (I have the 65) doesn't have ARC right? so I just go tv <- SB <- PS4 for example? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1106 posts
276 upvotes
Winnipeg
amplifiedonline wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 11:44 am
I apologize if I missed this in the thread, but what are you guys doing for soundbars? I'm looking to pick one up today that has HDMI in/out, so I'm guessing this tv (I have the 65) doesn't have ARC right? so I just go tv <- SB <- PS4 for example? Thanks!
I think it actually may have arc...should be something in the TV menu for HDMI controls regardless.
Lorenzo
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12744 posts
4681 upvotes
Kitchener
amplifiedonline wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 12:41 pm
That's what I get for asking before looking, thanks!
Wait, the 65" now has ARC ? which model is that ? the RTU6549 ?
Apr 26, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 1:45 pm
Wait, the 65" now has ARC ? which model is that ? the RTU6549 ?
To clarify here, I have not checked yet, I am still at work, I'll look when I get home, however I do have the RTU6549 model that others have been mentioning not being able to get into the service menu for, I'll report back later, thanks
Jul 23, 2011
309 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Glad to see more people getting in on this great deal!
I bought the 65" on boxing day. After an initial bad experience with a B panel, I have been enjoying my replacement C panel version for the last 3+ months.
It replaced a 7 year old 50" Sony. Yes there are better TV for the majority 1080p content that I watch but not at this price point!
I definitely see the vertical banding when watching hockey, but not to the extent that it's bothersome......and, well.....IT"S 65 INCHES!!!!!!!!!!

Also, watching my first bit of baseball on this right now.....The Jays look awesome 15 inches larger!!
Feb 8, 2015
343 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
I bought the 65" RCA c version with one stand last time when it's no tax event. My tv has dirty screen effect. When you turn it on and the RCA logo comes out you can see it clearly. Watching movies and shows are ok. But playing games on PS4 especially soccer game is very noticeable. I'm thinking to get an RMA..
Mar 30, 2017
1 posts
Is there a way to force 4:2:0 chroma so I can run 4k 60hz with my computer?
Jun 4, 2016
105 posts
37 upvotes
I can't get this tv to work with the volume buttons on the rogers remote. I've tried various codes. Has anyone had any luck?
Jul 23, 2011
309 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
The Rogers remote that came with the nextbox 3.0 (someone posted a pic earlier in the thread) will missy definitely work with full functionality with the c panel version of this tv. One has to follow the instructions on the back of the remote and wait what seems like an interminable amount of time. .. .. but it works... eventually..
Older Rogers remote, like the one that comes with the nextbox 2 will not work with any of these tvs..
I was able to get the newer remote to work with the b panel with very crippled functionality..
Jan 12, 2017
751 posts
102 upvotes
if u have an LG tv. the LG remote might also work! it works with my avera 49inch
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12744 posts
4681 upvotes
Kitchener
mikka2017 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 2:50 pm
if u have an LG tv. the LG remote might also work! it works with my avera 49inch
LG codes worked for the Haier too.
Sony codes worked for the RCA (at least the 55").