• Jun 15th, 2017 11:44 am
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1106 posts
276 upvotes
Winnipeg
aasoror wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 9:22 pm
But they do have electronics to purchase. The promo is applicable at any of the lowblows stores enrolled in PC points program, while they no longer have an electronics dept they don't send the electronics they receive for the no tax event back after the no tax event is over, so the offer is available for any leftovers at the stores (probably why the offer appeared "after" the no tax event, to help clear out the stores), any new electronics they do have this week (they have a printer advertised for this week) and the next couple of weeks (you can usually push personalized offers over for a week or two), and for the prepaid phones PC mobile desks have.

Also note that these are personalized offers depending on your shopping habits, so there is also a chance that you wouldn't have received this offer if you didn't make your latest electronics purchase during the no tax event ;)
Not sure why you care so much about my offer, when it occurred or whatever? Seem a little over interested to me.
Lorenzo
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
1128 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
So i have the 65" rev C. And have an OTA HD antenna. With the old tv I used to get cbc, global with position A and city and cfto if I move the antenna slightly to position B.
now with the new TV.. After the autoscan I get the stations at position A. But how do I add the channels for position B. With the older tv I could manually "add" channels into the lineup. Can't seem to find any way to do that.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12744 posts
4681 upvotes
Kitchener
lorenzo1000 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 5:11 pm
Not sure why you care so much about my offer, when it occurred or whatever? Seem a little over interested to me.
Couldn't care less about your offer (or anyone else's), just answering the question you asked me :)

Point was, as I initially said, getting current promo applied on previous purchases is always a "huge" YMMV, nothing wrong with trying, but if people played it and was turned down they shouldn't be that upset about it as it's rather a "courtesy" from PC and not an "obligation".
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12744 posts
4681 upvotes
Kitchener
TLSRULZ wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 11:40 pm
So i have the 65" rev C. And have an OTA HD antenna. With the old tv I used to get cbc, global with position A and city and cfto if I move the antenna slightly to position B.
now with the new TV.. After the autoscan I get the stations at position A. But how do I add the channels for position B. With the older tv I could manually "add" channels into the lineup. Can't seem to find any way to do that.
You can't manually add channels, I think your options are:
- get another antenna at position B and use a combiner (or reverse a splitter first and see if you can get away with it).
- use an amplifier see if you can pick up B position channels while antenna is still at position A.
- move the antenna from position A to position B mid the auto-search (right before frequencies of position B channels are scanned).
Oct 8, 2015
123 posts
76 upvotes
Did you guys encounter any problem after re-plugging the TV?

I got my Haier 49" 4K from Costco last month, and recently I found that sometimes when I unplugged the TV and replugged it back, the indicator light stayed off, which means the TV is not powered and I could not turn on the TV. I'll have to replug and replug to another outlet and after 10 minutes the TV can be powered on again. I don't think it's capacitors problem since there's no way they need to be charged for more than 10 min!

Can I do exchange in Costco?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12744 posts
4681 upvotes
Kitchener
naticom wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 9:29 am
Did you guys encounter any problem after re-plugging the TV?

I got my Haier 49" 4K from Costco last month, and recently I found that sometimes when I unplugged the TV and replugged it back, the indicator light stayed off, which means the TV is not powered and I could not turn on the TV. I'll have to replug and replug to another outlet and after 10 minutes the TV can be powered on again. I don't think it's capacitors problem since there's no way they need to be charged for more than 10 min!

Can I do exchange in Costco?
Take it back, they will exchange it without question (for 90 days)
Dec 11, 2005
61 posts
5 upvotes
Just a followup, after having the REV C RCA for approximately 2 months, still super happy. I just recently connected an hd cable box to it and was wowed again. Thanks again to aasoror for the continued insight!
Aug 23, 2015
80 posts
18 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Canadian Tire has the 49" for $399. I bought with 10% off gift cards from Rexall.

Works great, seems to have avoided some of the issues that the 55" has.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3179 posts
82 upvotes
What's the cheapest the 49" has gone for? Feels like I've seen it for low $3xx?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
12744 posts
4681 upvotes
Kitchener
For $500 you can get the 55" Haier from Costco for 90 days return policy ($510 shipped for non-members and $510 instore including 3 years warranty for members).
But the Fluid comes with a $100 Roku premiere+ and you can purchase extended warranty from the source, get $25 off with their newsletter signup.