Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

[WM] RCA UHD 4K TV 49"/55"/65" $398/$468/$798 Shipped

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2018 9:08 am
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener

[Walmart] [WM] RCA UHD 4K TV 49"/55"/65" $398/$468/$798 Shipped

Seems the RCA 55"/65" did so well in RCSS last boxing week that WM decided to stock them.

The 55" UHD RCA is selling for $468 + EHF + taxes (lowest was $400 + EHF with no taxes @ RCSS last BF), available in store and online with free shipping.

This is the same Haier branded set Costco selling for $500 in store and $530 online (aside from iffy working ARC, CEC and photo/mp3 player these are the same down to firmware bugs and panel issues).

The RCA 65" is selling for $798 with free shipping seems to match the ProScan version offered @Visions for $1k and (same Haier set Costco selling for $750 in store and $830 online)

TVs @ WM carries 30 days exchange/refund and additional warranty can be purchased in store.

Based on reports on both the RCA and Haier sets, sets with manufacturing date in October and later are not suffering from the messed up yellow issue.

Yellow issue is not applicable to the 49"/65" sets.

What panels are inside these sets ?
For the 49" 10-bit "simulated" SPVA LSC490FN Samsung panel

For the 55" (depending on the production year):
- 2016 55" 10-bit "simulated" IPS HV550QUB BOE panels.
- 2017 55" 10-bit "simulated" SPVA LSC550FN18 Samsung panel

For the 65" (depending on the stand configuration, box lists a B or C right on it).
- B version (two legged stand which seems to be the one available at WM) LSC650FN08 (SPVA, simulated 10 bit, made by Samsung).
- C version (single stand) T650QVR01.5 (AMVA3, native 10 bit, made by AUO).

How to check for the manufacturing date ?
For the RCA, the manufacturing date is part of the serial number stickered on the box. Serial number starts with "AYYMMDD" so serials starting with "A1610" should be fine.

How to check for the messed up yellows issue ?
You don't need any input for the check, just turn on the TV, press "menu" button, then hit "1147" to bring up service menu, check the color of the service menu option selection frame.
- yellow/lemon-yellow : good set.
- olive green : affected set.
Furthermore, if you have an access to a browser load RGB yellow on the TV and judge for yourself how "yellow" is your "yellow" :)

Any chance for a PM ?
Yes, Canadian Tire carries the 55" version for $700 (you can use the online product page to check for stock in stores near you), while few have reported success PM'ing RCSS during boxing week sale, it remains a huge "YMMV" because CT locations are independently managed and additional restrictions to the PM policy can vary from one store to the other. A successful PM would get you the TV for $468 + $46 in CT money.

Any calibration settings ?
Check the owner's thread: rca-haier-55-65-uhd-4k-tv-owners-thread-2069609/

719 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16640 posts
7971 upvotes
PMing this TV at Canadian Tire would be a pretty good deal. At these prices it's just an ok deal though. I mean, the TV is still a good deal at that price, it's just we have seen them much cheaper.

So long as you guys aren't in a rush I would suggest waiting for the next sale at RCSS. Hopefully there will be another no tax day and cheaper prices than this.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
SickBeast wrote: So long as you guys aren't in a rush I would suggest waiting for the next sale at RCSS. Hopefully there will be another no tax day and cheaper prices than this.
True, though its not like everyone is holding a purchase for the next limited stock and limited return policy no tax event at RCSS, so for people that are going to bite anyway from Costco this is a very viable option: cheaper, no membership required, ship to home for free, elaborate return policy and purchasable additional warranty.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16640 posts
7971 upvotes
aasoror wrote: True, though its not like everyone is holding a purchase for the next limited stock and limited return policy no tax event at RCSS, so for people that are going to bite anyway from Costco this is a very viable option: cheaper, no membership required, ship to home for free, elaborate return policy and purchasable additional warranty.
I guess the downside to buying these online would be that you can't verify the serial number before you purchase one to make sure you're not getting a lemon with the "yellow" issue. You're right though, these are cheaper than buying online from Costco, it's definitely a decent deal.

I'm *extremely* pleased with my 55" 4k Proscan TV. I've been watching 4k Netflix on it and the picture quality is stunning. If you guys want a great box to make these TVs "smart", I highly recommend the Roku Premiere Plus, they are $85 at the Source if you use the $25 off coupon. It will give you 4k Netflix and (soon) 4k Amazon Prime Video, both in HDR (not that HDR matters for these particular TVs).
Oct 12, 2011
473 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote: Seems the RCA 55"/65" did so well in RCSS last boxing week that WM decided to stock them.

The 55" UHD RCA is selling for $468 + EHF + taxes (lowest was $400 + EHF with no taxes @ RCSS last BF), available in store and online with free shipping.

This is the same Haier branded set Costco selling for $500 in store and $530 online (aside from iffy working ARC, CEC and photo/mp3 player these are the same down to firmware bugs and panel issues).

The RCA 65" is selling for $768 with free shipping seems to match the ProScan version offered @Visions for $1k and (same Haier set Costco selling for $750 in store and $830 online)

TVs @ WM carries 30 days exchange/refund and additional warranty can be purchased in store.

Based on reports on both the RCA and Haier sets, sets with manufacturing date in October and later are not suffering from the messed up yellow issue.

Yellow issue is not applicable to the 65" sets (assuming Haier and RCA are rebranding the same sets).

What panels are inside these sets ?
For the 55" most reports are about 10-bit IPS HV550QUB panels, more specifically:
- HV550QUB-B10
- HV550QUB-B05
- HV550QUB-B81
p.s. Latest reports are of a generic label (3840x2160) listed instead of actual panel model.

For the 65" (depending on the stand configuration, box lists a B or C right on it).
- B version (two legged stand which seems to be the one available at WM) LSC650FN08 (SPVA, simulated 10 bit, made by Samsung).

How to check for the manufacturing date ?
For the RCA, the manufacturing date is part of the serial number stickered on the box. Serial number starts with "AYYMMDD" so serials starting with "A1610" should be fine.

How to check for the messed up yellows issue ?
You don't need any input for the check, just turn on the TV, press "menu" button, then hit "1147" to bring up service menu, check the color of the service menu option selection frame.
- yellow/lemon-yellow : good set.
- olive green : affected set.
Furthermore, if you have an access to a browser load RGB yellow on the TV and judge for yourself how "yellow" is your "yellow" :)

Any chance for a PM ?
Yes, Canadian Tire carries the 55" version for $700 (you can use the online product page to check for stock in stores near you), while few have reported success PM'ing RCSS during boxing week sale, it remains a huge "YMMV" because CT locations are independently managed and additional restrictions to the PM policy can vary from one store to the other. A successful PM would get you the TV for $468 + $46 in CT money.

Any calibration settings ?
Check the owner's thread: rca-haier-55-65-uhd-4k-tv-owners-thread-2069609/

Upvoted for amazing amount of details provided here, I'm looking for a 38-40" to use as a monitor @around this price range...Next BF....

Thanks
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
SickBeast wrote: I guess the downside to buying these online would be that you can't verify the serial number before you purchase one to make sure you're not getting a lemon with the "yellow" issue.
Well given how recent WM started carrying it, there is a good chance the 55"s they carry are all past the affected range, they also have the 55" in store for those that would rather check. The 65" (available online only) is not affected by the yellow tint issue.
Jul 21, 2003
980 posts
184 upvotes
Whats the point of the 10 bit panels without any HDR?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
juggie wrote: Whats the point of the 10 bit panels without any HDR?
HDR color requires a 10 bit panel (+WCG), but a 10 bit panel will still be able to display 1.07B colors with or without HDR. This would be more relevant to PC setups (since conventional SDR video content wont make use of 10 bit color shades).
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10254 posts
6623 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
For the 65"

Which version better?
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
georvu wrote: For the 65"

Which version better?
I don't think version C is offered at walmart, but both panels should be equivalent (look at it that way, they were not significant enough for RCA to give them two different model numbers).

Edit: its to be noted that version C was confirmed to support 4:4:4 Chroma @ 60hz, there is no reports for version B (neither positive nor negative).
Mar 31, 2015
182 posts
119 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
I got this TV boxing day from RCSS and im very happy with it. I got with no yellow issues and the picture quality is great. Though I need to buy a sound bar for it. I upgraded from an LG 42" plasma and sound on that was better.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16640 posts
7971 upvotes
aasoror wrote: HDR color requires a 10 bit panel (+WCG), but a 10 bit panel will still be able to display 1.07B colors with or without HDR. This would be more relevant to PC setups (since conventional SDR video content wont make use of 10 bit color shades).
I can only select 8 bit color in my nVidia drivers. I don't think this TV will work in 10 bit mode with the PC.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2181 posts
1215 upvotes
One of the great and very fine post recently.
Great info and comparison

Kudo OP
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
SickBeast wrote: I can only select 8 bit color in my nVidia drivers. I don't think this TV will work in 10 bit mode with the PC.
The panel is capable, might be either TV firmware or the nividia drivers (quick and unsubstantial googling shows some had issues with supposedly capable nvidia cards and their 10 bit tvs).
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Are all brands panels viewable at panelook.com?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Quentin5 wrote: Are all brands panels viewable at panelook.com?
Its not exhaustive, but there is plenty of panels listed there.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
aasoror wrote: Its not exhaustive, but there is plenty of panels listed there.
How does one find out what panel a TV has and is their data of any real world use?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Nov 24, 2012
127 posts
27 upvotes
REGINA
Anybody here know if either of these will do 1080p at 120hz?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
ronmon69 wrote: Anybody here know if either of these will do 1080p at 120hz?
nope, maxes at 60hz over all inputs/resolutions.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)