Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] YMMV? Star Wars Blu-Ray & Digital for $4 at Walmart

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2019 11:13 am
May 10, 2007
753 posts
59 upvotes
Sherway (North Queen) has all of the bd's and 5 each of The Last Jedi and Solo 4K as of this afternoon.
Nov 11, 2010
33 posts
22 upvotes
GTA/Niagara
peytonpeanut2017 wrote: anyone planning a trip to the falls, they have tons of them here and at the welland location. st. catherines has been ransacked so it's hit and miss what you find. i'm only looking for the solo in blu ray but can only find the 4K version... may end up getting it if they don't have a true regular version.
WM on Welland Ave. still had a few copies of each. I managed to find Rouge One BD in the display by electronics cash, mind you that was the only one I needed so didn't notice Solo. The 4k does have BD as well so it may be your best bet if you don't have any luck in the falls.
Nov 7, 2017
551 posts
435 upvotes
Collected all of them. In Kitchener Fairview they have a lot left right at the front entrance on the lest side display. All Blu-rays and two 4k.
Nov 23, 2016
270 posts
486 upvotes
Managed to walk into a Saint John store today. Got 1-7 on Bluray, Rouge one Bluray, Last Jedi and Solo in 4k.
Dec 2, 2009
189 posts
37 upvotes
Saskatoon
Saw these at Sunrise Records for $40 today... Thinking FaceFace With Tears Of Joy
Sep 28, 2017
583 posts
360 upvotes
The_Capn wrote: WM on Welland Ave. still had a few copies of each. I managed to find Rouge One BD in the display by electronics cash, mind you that was the only one I needed so didn't notice Solo. The 4k does have BD as well so it may be your best bet if you don't have any luck in the falls.
WM in the falls (mcleod) just got lots of stock and it's now in a proper display at the end of the isle by the tv display. and i found solo in regular blu ray. so i completed the whole set of these... interestingly, i was across the border today and was at 2 walmarts (military rd & north tonawanda) and they had the same ones but were the full $22.98 price... thought i would just humor myself and scan them and it wasn't the $4 we have here. so this looks to be a canadian only price promo ? i even said to the sales person we have them for $4 and the guy literally choked... said he was going to cross over once his shift ended as it was worth the drive for that price. so for those who swear by US only shopping for good deals... we finally have a few of our own lol.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Jul 13, 2011
405 posts
134 upvotes
Ottawa
mtl-D wrote: Honestly I considered it a serious possibility. You wouldn't be the first RFDer with a theory I thought was absolutely ridiculous.

But fair enough. That means you haven't offered any real explanation. Care to enlighten us with your actual thoughts on the matter? It's not hard to present counterarguments to theories of others when it's all speculation.

Sure but going based on history here is totally ignoring Disney's giant leap into the digital space last month.
It think its pretty fair to discuss these things, even out of sheer curiosity, and since this is all speculative we don't have the insight to truly come up with a solution. As you have said we are all spitballing, and thats fine, if someone had the actual answers it wouldn't be a debate, just a statement of fact.

Honestly, I don't have an original explanation. I just don't expect the two giants to abandon their current practices. I had considered ones like you had presented, it just seemed straying pretty far from established behaviour, not that they are wrong at all, so I was inquiring about other reasons why this might happen. Maybe hoping for some out of the box thinking. I did not discount the streaming services, but if this is a Disney thing, you see sales with multiple retailers, and if this was a Walmart thing, then you'd expect to see this advertised instead of hidden away like it is in many stores.

I think the best that anyone has come up with expressed by a few people including yourself, is Walmart over purchased for the demand and possibly with their fear of the streaming service that they are intact dumping it. My guess is the reason why its not advertised is because its a contractual obligation they have so they don't "devalue" the brand or put pressure on other retailers. There isnt much more information available to suggest a better alternative.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17287 posts
4047 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: Yes, it comes in regular BD, I wasn't able to find the 4k version in Toronto, but the regular version is easy to find.
Where did you look? The only place I checked was Warden and Eglinton. They had a couple of Blu-rays but mostly just DVDs. Picked clean I guess. No 4K versions at all. I ended up buying nothing. The only discs I'm interested in are the 4K ones.
Feb 16, 2011
165 posts
79 upvotes
EugW wrote: Where did you look? The only place I checked was Warden and Eglinton. They had a couple of Blu-rays but mostly just DVDs. Picked clean I guess. No 4K versions at all. I ended up buying nothing. The only discs I'm interested in are the 4K ones.
Just got back from Sherway Gardens. Got a complete set of BD. There were 2 titles with 4K BR discs. The last Jedi and Solo. Also complete sets of regular BD.
Nov 14, 2017
279 posts
384 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone see any in GVA? Just checked RCC New West location and they didn't have a single star wars movie.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11594 posts
1813 upvotes
Mississauga
toprodcr wrote: I'm not sure I get the digital code thing. The whole reason I buy bluray is for the enhanced picture quality and fabulous audio. Why would you settle for less?
Because I can't watch the Blu-ray when I travel.
Sep 18, 2017
104 posts
78 upvotes
GVRD
RedFlagCrake wrote: Anyone see any in GVA? Just checked RCC New West location and they didn't have a single star wars movie.
I was going to ask the same question.
Lougheed Mall WM location had 1 DVD only.
Sep 15, 2019
31 posts
63 upvotes
orleans
RedFlagCrake wrote: Anyone see any in GVA? Just checked RCC New West location and they didn't have a single star wars movie.
Some people have said they've seen stock tracker show stock, but there was none when they went to Wal-Mart.

I went to a Wal-Mart a few days ago, and the display was almost hidden away. They had an individual Star Wars display that wasn't in the electronics section, it was at the end of the aisle the next section over. I don't know if this was a deliberate way to stop RFDers from exercising their god given right to waste money on things they don't want because it is a good price, but I wasn't too happy. I had to walk around the DVD section like a crack head fiending in order to try and find the Blu-Rays. I only found the display on my way out.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Nov 14, 2017
279 posts
384 upvotes
Vancouver
pierrefrom0rleans wrote: Some people have said they've seen stock tracker show stock, but there was none when they went to Wal-Mart.

I went to a Wal-Mart a few days ago, and the display was almost hidden away. They had an individual Star Wars display that wasn't in the electronics section, it was at the end of the aisle the next section over. I don't know if this was a deliberate way to stop RFDers from exercising their god given right to waste money on things they don't want because it is a good price, but I wasn't too happy. I had to walk around the DVD section like a crack head fiending in order to try and find the Blu-Rays. I only found the display on my way out.
Yeah I walked 4 or 5 times around the electronic section scratching my head like an idiot. I thought I would find at least one Star Wars movie, but there was nothing. Lots of Star Wars Lego and toys though.

I was hoping there would be a special display somewhere as well but I couldn't find one and the staff seemed clueless. Might try the other New West location after work.
Dec 9, 2019
6 posts
I tried both new west locations on Friday. The Walmart on Boyd street had zero stock despite what showed up on stocktrack. RCC did have stock but I was told that they weren’t allowed to sell any Star Wars films due to a potential price error. Oh but I was able to find the last Jedi, rouge one, solo, the force awakens, and the empire strikes back at Richmond. Only one of each (I bought the last ones) so don’t bother heading down. Would love to complete my collection so if you do check new west again, please update!
Images
  • image.jpg