[Walmart] YMMV? Star Wars Blu-Ray & Digital for $4 at Walmart

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2019 11:13 am
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1489 posts
266 upvotes
Woodbridge
Weston /major McKenzie (Vaughan) location has a few left. Sticker is $20, but scans at $4
Images
  • 48D55819-25A1-474E-A3CB-61AE45E04F59.jpeg
Nov 14, 2017
279 posts
384 upvotes
Vancouver
mcdonaldsduck wrote: I tried both new west locations on Friday. The Walmart on Boyd street had zero stock despite what showed up on stocktrack. RCC did have stock but I was told that they weren’t allowed to sell any Star Wars films due to a potential price error. Oh but I was able to find the last Jedi, rouge one, solo, the force awakens, and the empire strikes back at Richmond. Only one of each (I bought the last ones) so don’t bother heading down. Would love to complete my collection so if you do check new west again, please update!
Seriously? A price error that's been going on for like 4 days? That's ridiculous. I don't need these but I want them! That's my local Walmart so I might look again.

Edit: Just called RCC and they said the vendor took them back after black Friday. He said he was sure there would be another sale on Boxing Day. -_-
Last edited by RedFlagCrake on Dec 11th, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 28, 2012
522 posts
353 upvotes
OTTAWA
I'm a believer now!!

For Ottawa folks

I found all but a new hope at trainyards and Greensboro.

Still looking for a new hope :)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1247 posts
903 upvotes
whatsinaname wrote: Weston /major McKenzie (Vaughan) location has a few left. Sticker is $20, but scans at $4
YOU ROCK!!!

I totally missed that display when I was there. Your pick had me check again. I now have a full collection!

Thanks
Mar 30, 2007
10 posts
1 upvote
millsthrills wrote: I'm a believer now!!

For Ottawa folks

I found all but a new hope at trainyards and Greensboro.

Still looking for a new hope :)

picked up the last new hope at baseline
Now I need to find return of jedi
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4542 posts
2333 upvotes
M-Arkham
pk13442 wrote: picked up the last new hope at baseline
Don't you worry, just trust in the force, you already have all that you really need when it comes to finding it, A New Hope
2x Zoomer $36 for 4GB and unlimited Can wide txt/talk
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide Pulse
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13458 posts
3987 upvotes
Toronto
pk13442 wrote: picked up the last new hope at baseline
These movies are mostly like 14 bucks on Amazon.ca, there's no point wasting time driving to Walmarts to save ten bucks on a single movie.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13458 posts
3987 upvotes
Toronto
I'm leaning towards that this is a price error. These prices make no sense. Reasoning:

1) If this has to do with Disney+ and its launch, why aren't other Disney movies the same price?
2) There is a new Star Wars movie coming out in a week or so. They could easily move these selling them for $9.99 each, and still undercut Amazon which is selling for $13.99
3) There is already a report of at least one store pulling stock from shelves at the request of the supplier

$4 is cheaper than their random crap bargain bin blu Rays which sell for I think $6.88 or so.

I expect this party ends soon.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2738 posts
2327 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
A company as big as Walmart would have caught this the first day if it were a price error. This has now been going on for at least a week.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1910 posts
912 upvotes
Vancouveresque
If it was intentional, why were the price labels not updated? Why have some stores pulled stock? Why no advertising or signage?

I think that this was a price error of some sort, but the demand for physical media is just so low now that this has escaped attention of those able to make decisions at Wal-Mart. I mean, given the savings, this thread has been a ghost town for the most part. If it was anything else 75% (or more) discount, the thread would be on fire constantly.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6546 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: These movies are mostly like 14 bucks on Amazon.ca, there's no point wasting time driving to Walmarts to save ten bucks on a single movie.
Do you usually wash down the mid-morning caviar snack with champagne?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9596 posts
3010 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Kurtz7834 wrote: These movies are mostly like 14 bucks on Amazon.ca, there's no point wasting time driving to Walmarts to save ten bucks on a single movie.
Lol. Welcome to RFD. This is around 70% cheaper than competitor sale price. If you feel this ain't a deal, I feel like you are wasting time on RFD hot deal section.
Last edited by Andro on Dec 12th, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 21, 2012
302 posts
307 upvotes
Ontario
roblombardi wrote: Do you usually wash down the mid-morning caviar snack with champagne?
Not to mention it was 10x 9 movies. That's like... more money.