Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] YMMV? Star Wars Blu-Ray & Digital for $4 at Walmart

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2019 11:13 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 20, 2010
2817 posts
1078 upvotes
mobbie wrote: Not to mention it was 10x 9 movies. That's like... more money.
Correction. Look at the OP, it is 10 movies in total.

Just opened this thread today and it has become a party pooper. My set is incomplete and I now have only 9 out the 10 movies. When I was at Walmart the other day, I opted against buying "Rogue One" in DVD for $6.50. I wanted my entire set to be the same format so no purchase. You snooze, you lose! LOL
Last edited by Mr_Fanta on Dec 12th, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Aug 16, 2009
323 posts
210 upvotes
Side note if you are completionist like me and missing Eps 1, 2 and 3 there's tons of all of them on ebay in Canada now.
I was able to get Eps 1, 2 and 3 on BR for $25 shipped.
Double the cost I know but at least I don't have to search and go to the store again.
Member
Aug 16, 2009
323 posts
210 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: These movies are mostly like 14 bucks on Amazon.ca, there's no point wasting time driving to Walmarts to save ten bucks on a single movie.
Plus $3.45 shipping on each movie so more like $15 diference.
For a single movie, maybe not worth it to some but for multiples it sure is.

I got 7 for $31.64 after tax. +$5 gas to somewhere I was going already.
vs. $130.11 after tax and shipping from Amazon.ca.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13458 posts
3987 upvotes
Toronto
I had a feeling this would end soon, the pricing didn't make sense, I have no idea why it lasted days. Hopefully everyone who wanted the movies got in on this.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13458 posts
3987 upvotes
Toronto
mobbie wrote: Not to mention it was 10x 9 movies. That's like... more money.
You guys missed the point, the guy only needed ONE movie, A New Hope. Spending 30 - 60 minutes in the car to save $10 is not a good use of time, but YMMV I guess.

If you need to buy all 9 or 10 movies, then obviously it matters if they're $4 each vs $14 each.
Member
Apr 21, 2012
302 posts
307 upvotes
Ontario
Kurtz7834 wrote: You guys missed the point, the guy only needed ONE movie, A New Hope. Spending 30 - 60 minutes in the car to save $10 is not a good use of time, but YMMV I guess.

If you need to buy all 9 or 10 movies, then obviously it matters if they're $4 each vs $14 each.
No you missed the point!
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1247 posts
903 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote:
These movies are mostly like 14 bucks on Amazon.ca, there's no point wasting time driving to Walmarts to save ten bucks on a single movie.
roblombardi wrote: Do you usually wash down the mid-morning caviar snack with champagne?
Lol.

Ok, let’s say you could find them for 14$ with digital.

I just grabbed all 10 for $40.00 plus tax for $45.20!

Let’s forget for a moment that for a lot of people $10.00 matters and that’s if you can get them $14.00.

We are talking $140.00 with tax for $158.20! Even at your ‘who cares it might be found for $14’ that’s $113.00 dollar difference!

Do you have a money vault and swim in it like Scrooge McDuck?

But seriously, $10 bucks matters and lots of people don’t mind the effort to chase the deal.

Having said all that.

Please post links to these blue ray digital copies on amazon so people that missed this deal can benefit from your comment.

Maybe in ten separate links, one for each movie, to help those trying to fill out their collection.

Thanks in advance.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 27, 2003
895 posts
325 upvotes
Had Jedi, ESB and Rogue One at Baseline. All scanned at $20 :(
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13458 posts
3987 upvotes
Toronto
MexicanPeso wrote: Please post links to these blue ray digital copies on amazon so people that missed this deal can benefit from your comment.

Maybe in ten separate links, one for each movie, to help those trying to fill out their collection.

Thanks in advance.
Or people with an IQ over 90 can use the 'Search' function on Amazon.ca to find what they want. Happy trails all.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1247 posts
903 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Or people with an IQ over 90 can use the 'Search' function on Amazon.ca to find what they want. Happy trails all.
Lol,

1. Isn’t it still an RFD expectation to provide links when pointing out deals?

2. I actually did look and I cannot find any Prime eligible titles so returns are a hassle.

3. I did find a bunch from various sellers but they all have shipping costs.

So, since you pointed it out, a link to a few at ‘your all in price’ would have been nice, and Prime would make it an even better safe buy.

Take it in stride. I have been torn a strip many times, it means nothing other than a learning curve. In this case you accidentally said to a bunch of RFDers that saving $10 wasn’t worth the effort...lol.

This was a great deal and I am crazy thankful for this thread,

So, sorry if you were offended.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
1910 posts
912 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Looking at Stocktrack seems to show that most stores (if not all that actually have stock) are back to $20 now.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13458 posts
3987 upvotes
Toronto
MexicanPeso wrote: Lol,

1. Isn’t it still an RFD expectation to provide links when pointing out deals?

2. I actually did look and I cannot find any Prime eligible titles so returns are a hassle.

3. I did find a bunch from various sellers but they all have shipping costs.

So, since you pointed it out, a link to a few at ‘your all in price’ would have been nice, and Prime would make it an even better safe buy.

Take it in stride. I have been torn a strip many times, it means nothing other than a learning curve. In this case you accidentally said to a bunch of RFDers that saving $10 wasn’t worth the effort...lol.

This was a great deal and I am crazy thankful for this thread,

So, sorry if you were offended.
I wasn't offended, I took full advantage of this deal myself and got all these for $4 at Walmart. Thanks OP and to those who posted stock sightings. Deal is dead so let's move on.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1156 posts
503 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Lol, the sale was just for the week, why would folks think it was perpetual? Maybe they'll pull an SDM and egg us on in a couple of weeks again. Lol
Newbie
Sep 15, 2019
31 posts
63 upvotes
orleans
I drove around to every Wal-Mart in Ottawa. For some reason, no cashier would believe me that these were supposed to be 4 dollars. I tried to price match by reading them a print out of this thread but I just ended up getting kicked out. So let's just say this is a very YMMV deal.

Very disappointing week. How am I supposed to use German Wine glasses if I don't have the Phantom Menace on Blu-Ray to watch while drinking?
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1156 posts
503 upvotes
Calgary, AB
pierrefrom0rleans wrote: I drove around to every Wal-Mart in Ottawa. For some reason, no cashier would believe me that these were supposed to be 4 dollars. I tried to price match by reading them a print out of this thread but I just ended up getting kicked out. So let's just say this is a very YMMV deal.

Very disappointing week. How am I supposed to use German Wine glasses if I don't have the Phantom Menace on Blu-Ray to watch while drinking?
If you were doing it on the 13th you just missed the sale.

Top