[Walmart] YMMV? Star Wars Blu-Ray & Digital for $4 at Walmart

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2019 11:13 am
Jul 13, 2011
299 posts
35 upvotes
Windsor
Little late to the party???

And good luck getting a deal like this unless it scans at 4$ lol.

Even at my store I scanned first then went to a cashier.

And that was Sunday.
Sep 15, 2019
31 posts
63 upvotes
orleans
Diggingupbones wrote: The digital codes are worth it alone. Wish I got the deal because I was needing all 10
People don't realize how scolding hot this deal actually was. On a $99 HP Touchpad @ Staples scale ($99 HP Touchpad being a 10) this is easily a 7.25.

Each digital code=150 Disney Reward points. If you will never use Disney Rewards, this is enough to cash out for a 10 dollar Disney gift card.

All 10 movies would be 45.20 after tax in Ontario. Let's say you get the 10 dollar gift card, that's 35.20 or 3.52 all in per Blu-Ray.

If you buy a lot of movies and save up the rewards, the 1500 points can potentially be worth as much as 1.76 (8500 points gets you a $100 gift card). That makes it 27.60 all in or 2.76 per Blu-Ray.

I'd still love to know why these were so cheap for so long.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1247 posts
903 upvotes
I just went to the Walmart on Weston and Major Mac, and they seem to have MORE of these than when I was in completing my collection.

I think that you guys are right and we might see this repeated on boxing day.

I only say this as the display for these are totally separate and have their own display box. Could it be these were supposed to be for boxing day? Release to be after the new star wars movie? That would make some sort of weird sense if they were supposed to put them on sale then, because they had A WHOLE WHACK of these in so many stores.

We should keep a look out for stock now so we we can be ready for the deal if it repeats on Boxing day.

I know for fact I will pick up another set as a gift, I am kicking myself now for only grabbing the one.

Thanks again OP and stock checkers, let's hope this thread reignites in a week with this deal again!

As for the Disney Points, is there a code in the case for that AND for the digital copy? I'm not opening mine until Christmas.

Thanks

mp
Sep 15, 2019
31 posts
63 upvotes
orleans
MexicanPeso wrote: I just went to the Walmart on Weston and Major Mac, and they seem to have MORE of these than when I was in completing my collection.

I think that you guys are right and we might see this repeated on boxing day.

I only say this as the display for these are totally separate and have their own display box. Could it be these were supposed to be for boxing day? Release to be after the new star wars movie? That would make some sort of weird sense if they were supposed to put them on sale then, because they had A WHOLE WHACK of these in so many stores.

We should keep a look out for stock now so we we can be ready for the deal if it repeats on Boxing day.

I know for fact I will pick up another set as a gift, I am kicking myself now for only grabbing the one.

Thanks again OP and stock checkers, let's hope this thread reignites in a week with this deal again!

As for the Disney Points, is there a code in the case for that AND for the digital copy? I'm not opening mine until Christmas.

Thanks

mp
Digital copy code and Disney Rewards code is the same code.

I doubt they will go down to 4 dollars again. The sale made no sense. It was probably a mistake or something.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2738 posts
2327 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
There's a guy on Kijiji here trying to sell all 10 movies "sliced open" with the digital code removed for $15 each right now Face With Rolling Eyes

He has 391 active listings on Kijiji so yeah he's THAT kind of person