Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

YMMV - Walmart Samsung NU7100 multiple sizes

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2019 2:54 pm
Jun 13, 2005
119 posts
205 upvotes
Ontario
I had the same problem. I have a Deco mesh and it wouldn't connect to my main network. I set up a guest network and it connected to that. No idea why that worked.
Mar 25, 2019
69 posts
235 upvotes
Ok This thread got me raidin walmarts in the area like a fiend around the London ON area,

First walmart i went to - stocktraker showed an LG 55inch UK6300 as OOS but 1 in stock for $430, turned out to be a demo unit and they wouldnt sell it to me.

Second walmart i raided stock tracker showed the following - LG 55UK6300 OOS but 2 instock for $470 and Samsung UN58N7100 for $570 OOS but 1 in stock. When i get there they did not have the LGs, however they had demo units with the following deets

50" LGUK6300 for $300
50" Samsung "dont know the model number" for $300
58" Samsung UN58N7100 for $500

i got the UN58N7100 for $500, $565 with tax - all these demo TV say was"xxx" 50% off and is now "xxx"...so my samsung was "$999 and now $499", comes with remote and 1 year warranty but no box.

eligible for returns within 30 days, im thinking if maybe the 50" LG uk6300 was a better deal at $300.

Anyways stock tracker went from OOS 1 to OOS 0 for the Samsung 58" as soon as i made the purchase so very accurate.
May 31, 2017
419 posts
495 upvotes
GTA
labrite wrote: I had the same problem. I have a Deco mesh and it wouldn't connect to my main network. I set up a guest network and it connected to that. No idea why that worked.
I also have Deco mesh.
It didn't connect to main network nor to the guest network.
Turned on wifi network in rogers router and it successfully connected to that.
Jun 13, 2005
119 posts
205 upvotes
Ontario
coolaw79 wrote: I also have Deco mesh.
It didn't connect to main network nor to the guest network.
Turned on wifi network in rogers router and it successfully connected to that.
Yeah. looking online, Samsung Wifi programming of their TVs does not deal well with a 2.4 and 5 mesh network with the sharing the same SSID. I just checked my guest network and I only have the 5GHz turned on. maybe thats why it worked for me.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
vjbharadwaj wrote: Ok This thread got me raidin walmarts in the area like a fiend around the London ON area,

First walmart i went to - stocktraker showed an LG 55inch UK6300 as OOS but 1 in stock for $430, turned out to be a demo unit and they wouldnt sell it to me.

Second walmart i raided stock tracker showed the following - LG 55UK6300 OOS but 2 instock for $470 and Samsung UN58N7100 for $570 OOS but 1 in stock. When i get there they did not have the LGs, however they had demo units with the following deets

50" LGUK6300 for $300

i got the UN58N7100 for $500, $565 with tax - all these demo TV say was"xxx" 50% off and is now "xxx"...so my samsung was "$999 and now $499", comes with remote and 1 year warranty but no box.

eligible for returns within 30 days, im thinking if maybe the 50" LG uk6300 was a better deal at $300.

Anyways stock tracker went from OOS 1 to OOS 0 for the Samsung 58" as soon as i made the purchase so very accurate.
For a TV, you did well with the Samsung NU7100. It's clear you're not looking for a monitor either.

The UK6300 comes in IPS for all sizes EXCEPT 50". IPS is great for TV shows, Sports, and Regular TV... it's built for bright rooms with wide viewing angle coverage. IPS is not great for a basement theater experience.

I love my UK6300 43" panel as a monitor in a bright office.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
May 31, 2017
419 posts
495 upvotes
GTA
labrite wrote: Yeah. looking online, Samsung Wifi programming of their TVs does not deal well with a 2.4 and 5 mesh network with the sharing the same SSID. I just checked my guest network and I only have the 5GHz turned on. maybe thats why it worked for me.
ohk thanks for sharing that.

I will also try doing the same.
Mar 25, 2019
69 posts
235 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: For a TV, you did well with the Samsung NU7100. It's clear you're not looking for a monitor either.

The UK6300 comes in IPS for all sizes EXCEPT 50". IPS is great for TV shows, Sports, and Regular TV... it's built for bright rooms with wide viewing angle coverage. IPS is not great for a basement theater experience.

I love my UK6300 43" panel as a monitor in a bright office.
I wanted to use the Steam link app for steam games on the Samsung 58NU7100 but turns out its not in canada, any idea on how to change the region for this model? all the tutorials seem to be for previous models.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
vjbharadwaj wrote: I wanted to use the Steam link app for steam games on the Samsung 58NU7100 but turns out its not in canada, any idea on how to change the region for this model? all the tutorials seem to be for previous models.
I don't believe you can change the region, it's firmware locked as a Canadian model. I could be wrong though.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Mar 25, 2019
69 posts
235 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I don't believe you can change the region, it's firmware locked as a Canadian model. I could be wrong though.
I see it listed for sale in many american stores so i dont think its a canadian model
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
vjbharadwaj wrote: I see it listed for sale in many american stores so i dont think its a canadian model
There is a Canadian and American version of the same model. The difference is firmware, and SmartTV apps out of the box (the Canadian version includes our homegrown garbage VOD services).
Feb 4, 2014
226 posts
156 upvotes
Kingston
redflagdealsguy wrote: https://forums.tomsguide.com/threads/co ... tv.103177/

You may need something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Digital- ... B00PGVG6WY
https://www.amazon.ca/Proster-Extractor ... 0777JDMTX/

And (3x) of these:
https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=RCA+Aux+cable ... _sb_noss_2

Normally something like this is best done through a stereo receiver, but you don't need one in 2019.
Wow, thank you. So basically even if I had 5.1 speakers with optical in like the Logitech Z906 I would still not be able to get surround sound from the optical out on the TV when connected to PC? HDMI out is the only option? This is ridiculous.

I've got a 40" NU7100 and I like it overall. I use it both as a TV and a monitor. The narrow viewing angle can be a major issue. I had to buy a bigger desk so I can sit at least a meter away from the TV. I'm also currently using four mugs as a makeshift stand so that my eyes are at the same level as the center of the screen. This isn't a normal position for a monitor, but that's the only way to deal with the narrow viewing angle. The picture quality is great otherwise. The high contrast and resolution make the content seem more realistic, almost 3D. HDR games and movies look amazing (until I watched the same content on my Galaxy S9 side by side, but still). Windows 10 has a very rudimentary support for HDR. Every time I want to play an HDR game I have to open NVidia control panel, switch from 8-bit RGB to 10-bit YCbCr422, then open Windows display settings and enable HDR. You cannot leave HDR on because Windows and everything else is 8 bit and Windows does not upscale 8 bit to 10 bit automatically, so everything that's not HDR looks too dark and washed out.

I tried calibrating the screen using rtings-recommended settings but the colors seemed washed out to me and skin tones still didn't look 100% natural. My recommendation to new owners is to try different modes with default settings and pick the one you like the most. I switch between Standard and Dynamic when using the TV as a TV depending on the content and using the Game mode when using as a monitor.

This TV is not a good option as a monitor for flicker-sensitive people. The screen flickers when the brightness is below 100%.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
LG UK6300 Pixel Investigation

So folks, I investigated the claims made by RTings in regards to the slightly non-standard RGBW pixel structure on the LG UK6300.

At 4K @ 4:4:4 @ 60Hz, this structure is impercetible to my eyes. So I went deeper.

I took a picture at 6 inches away, and was able to resolve some pixel structure blown up from a 4K picture, the results were inconclusive.

I took a picture from 2cm to 3cm away on Samsung S10+ at 4K using digital zoom, and resolved the pixels around the lettering on my RFD posts. The pixels articulated the font quite clearly, ClearType sub-pixel antialiasing made for a pretty smooth arc on the font, but the pixel structure looked slightly different than my Asus VA32AQ. There is a slightly different pixel structure, but to call it noticeable at viewing distances is somewhat laughable IMO.

Asus VA32AQ 32" @ 1440p = 91.79 PPI
LG UK6300 43" @ 4K = 102.46 PPI

Source: https://www.omnicalculator.com/other/pixels-per-inch

Now let's do some brass tax here folks. Not only did I upgrade my PPI (i.e. each inch has more pixels), I also sit further away on this 43" monitor. The result is that this text appears very sharp for me from 2.5ft - 3.0ft away. On the whole, I've probably gained in true sharpness despite the pixel structure, and I've certainly gained in apparent sharpness from my viewing distance. If you're concerned about reflectivity, this monitor is even less reflective than the decent Samsung NU7100 40" panel.

If it takes microscopy to find pixel level imperfections at $260 + HST, I think I'll stay a happy man.
Mar 25, 2019
69 posts
235 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: LG UK6300 Pixel Investigation

So folks, I investigated the claims made by RTings in regards to the slightly non-standard RGBW pixel structure on the LG UK6300.

At 4K @ 4:4:4 @ 60Hz, this structure is impercetible to my eyes. So I went deeper.

I took a picture at 6 inches away, and was able to resolve some pixel structure blown up from a 4K picture, the results were inconclusive.

I took a picture from 2cm to 3cm away on Samsung S10+ at 4K using digital zoom, and resolved the pixels around the lettering on my RFD posts. The pixels articulated the font quite clearly, ClearType sub-pixel antialiasing made for a pretty smooth arc on the font, but the pixel structure looked slightly different than my Asus VA32AQ. There is a slightly different pixel structure, but to call it noticeable at viewing distances is somewhat laughable IMO.

Asus VA32AQ 32" @ 1440p = 91.79 PPI
LG UK6300 43" @ 4K = 102.46 PPI

Source: https://www.omnicalculator.com/other/pixels-per-inch

Now let's do some brass tax here folks. Not only did I upgrade my PPI (i.e. each inch has more pixels), I also sit further away on this 43" monitor. The result is that this text appears very sharp for me from 2.5ft - 3.0ft away. On the whole, I've probably gained in true sharpness despite the pixel structure, and I've certainly gained in apparent sharpness from my viewing distance. If you're concerned about reflectivity, this monitor is even less reflective than the decent Samsung NU7100 40" panel.

If it takes microscopy to find pixel level imperfections at $260 + HST, I think I'll stay a happy man.
The Biggest concern i would have using these TVs as monitors is the thermal dissipation , i tried using an LG uh5500 couple years ago and i could feel the heat drafts from the tv, this was about 2.5 away, it wasnt burning hot but it just felt wierd like the TV was breathing onto you.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
vjbharadwaj wrote: The Biggest concern i would have using these TVs as monitors is the thermal dissipation , i tried using an LG uh5500 couple years ago and i could feel the heat drafts from the tv, this was about 2.5 away, it wasnt burning hot but it just felt wierd like the TV was breathing onto you.
Then you have nothing to worry about. This is IPS technology, not 2008 plasma tech, there is no discernable heat except extremely close to the panel.
Feb 13, 2019
234 posts
80 upvotes
Why do some Walmart not allow sale of demo tv and others have every demo tv on sale ?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
Programmer97 wrote: Why do some Walmart not allow sale of demo tv and others have every demo tv on sale ?
They only allow the sales on demo models when they have new display models to replace the old ones.
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
NavieM wrote: They only allow the sales on demo models when they have new display models to replace the old ones.
That's not true, they frequently say no, and inconsistently. Getting a level headed manager usually helps.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: That's not true, they frequently say no, and inconsistently. Getting a level headed manager usually helps.
They don't have to sell the demos, though. They can send them to the claims department and get rid of them. They're written off anyway.
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Banned
Jun 1, 2019
48 posts
106 upvotes
vjbharadwaj wrote: Ok This thread got me raidin walmarts in the area like a fiend around the London ON area,

50" LGUK6300 for $300

You do know that Costco.ca was selling the 58" samsung you got for instore clearance nationally about 6 weeks ago for about $539? $529? So you basically saved $30-$40 for open box... and got it 6 weeks later than you could have. Not a deal. Consider returning.
Mar 25, 2019
69 posts
235 upvotes
Eagleson82 wrote: You do know that Costco.ca was selling the 58" samsung you got for instore clearance nationally about 6 weeks ago for about $539? $529? So you basically saved $30-$40 for open box... and got it 6 weeks later than you could have. Not a deal. Consider returning.
Lol, that's the thing, i didn't know i wanted this TV until i read this thread....do u think maybe the LG 50" for $300 is a better deal?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)