[Walmart] [YYC] Electronics Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2018 10:39 am
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
779 posts
103 upvotes

[Walmart] [YYC] Electronics Clearance

Visited a WM here in Calgary (Deer Valley Mall location) and they had some electronics on Clearance. Not sure if other stores are doing this too?

I'm not sure if these are hot deals or just normal prices that are slightly on-sale. There was an entire row of various things but mostly Wifi/Routers.

Below are the images I took and uploaded to imgur. Some labels were printed really faint but I didn't notice until afterwards, sorry.

http://imgur.com/a/60BlJS1
13 replies
May 13, 2014
440 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Do Calgarians often refer to their city by their airport's IATA code? Or is this Walmart actually at an airport outlet mall?
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
779 posts
103 upvotes
Sorry, my force of habit from Twitter where it was 140 characters for a while there... :)
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1394 posts
685 upvotes
Alberta
Raident wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 1:10 am
Do Calgarians often refer to their city by their airport's IATA code? Or is this Walmart actually at an airport outlet mall?
We don't and it is not. Some people just like to be different . Nothing wrong with that...if it gets the message across...in this case not everyone knows YYC means Calgary in this post.

Deal is pretty regular...pictures are rough +1 for efforts
Feb 20, 2005
19 posts
10 upvotes
Raident wrote:
Many do and its not just Calgary, this seems to be a Canadian thing, primarily on social media. I see people using airport codes when referring to cities. YVR, YYC etc usually with a hastag. Although it seems Calgary has been doing it longer.
Apr 3, 2018
61 posts
33 upvotes
Raident wrote:
Probably works in Canada because large airports are far and few in between. Also if you don't recognize the code then deal is probably not in your area (makes sense). It actually helps me to filter out non relevant deals faster.

Will check local walmarts. Not sure if it's better or worse deals than usual.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
1828 posts
773 upvotes
Winnipeg
Most of the clearance stuff tends to be routers but i did grab an Acer A8-7600/8GB/1TB desktop for 150 couple months ago. Which is a great deal considering an HP Celly CPU/4gb/1TB was 20 more. I pretty much know the names of the electronics people by heart now and I said, "Where did this come from?" "Oh, we found it in the back."

I'd say the best clearance time is spring and just meh for rest of year. Not worth a special trip or anything.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
1396 posts
1132 upvotes
Raident wrote:
Yep. Often enough.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6852 posts
1228 upvotes
I should start calling Toronto YTZ since most of YYZ is actually in Mississauga.
Jul 28, 2007
222 posts
112 upvotes
Calgary
fluidmax wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 1:19 am
We don't and it is not. Some people just like to be different . Nothing wrong with that...if it gets the message across...in this case not everyone knows YYC means Calgary in this post.

Deal is pretty regular...pictures are rough +1 for efforts
Probably shouldn't speak for everyone, because lots and lots of us do, especially younger people. It's a pretty popular hashtag.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
1828 posts
773 upvotes
Winnipeg
Dunderhead wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 3:01 pm
Probably shouldn't speak for everyone, because lots and lots of us do, especially younger people. It's a pretty popular hashtag.
Hogtown is Toronto, Cowtown is Calgary.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1394 posts
685 upvotes
Alberta
Dunderhead wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 3:01 pm
I am well aware #YYC is popular in Calgary...just like #YYJ in ?...wait don't do a search :)

There is a time and place to use that IATA code and just because some people use it to describe anything that has to do with the city does not make it right. Typing out "Calgary" is only 4 more letters than YYC which not only makes sense (when denoting the city instead the International Airport of the city) but also no one would need to guess (or search) what it means.

After looking at another Walmart yesterday...it seems the price on these clearance items are very store dependent. I saw some items listed in OP cheaper at another Walmart location in Calgary....nothing to write home about but it's YMMV for sure.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2465 posts
1170 upvotes
Montreal
lmao YYC? Not in Montreal we are proud of our city to not call it YUL :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)